Airsoft Canada
BuyAirsoft

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Wrong AI Adapter??

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 10th, 2016, 03:02   #1
Artoczies
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Wrong AI Adapter??

After trying numerous amounts of times I realized after really inspecting it thoroughly that the AI Adapter clearly doesn't work with this kind of propane nozzle. I was wondering how I could get this to work or would I have to purchase a different set of propane or adapter..? What I know is happening is the pin pushes down activating the propane. The pin from the propane that activates the release, releases propane from around the pin thus the hole for the adapter is blocked because it is used to push it down. As I release the pressure of the pin there is a tiny weak burst of propane as if it was contained inside the air of the adapter since it comes out from the side.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160109225721.jpg (129.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 20160109225720.jpg (161.1 KB, 16 views)
Artoczies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2016, 03:20   #2
KillerDev
 
KillerDev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Are you sure you're not just torquing it down to hard? I had a simular issue and it was fixed buy just loosening it up a bit
KillerDev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2016, 04:05   #3
Artoczies
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
So in this video, I put on the adapter like anyone would til it's snug. pressed down and little air came out after release like i mentioned. the times when the gas was coming out was because i bent the adapter nozzle a little so there was an air gap in the spring part of the adapter itself thus expelling the gas. the propane doesn't actually go through the adapter like it should.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LFhaIpyrxo


i also noticed for madbull adapters they encase the pin of the propane like shown here

http://www.evike.com/images/large/Ad..._XG02-1-lg.jpg


idk if my paint illustration would demonstrate what i mean..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg adapter illustration.jpg (82.9 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by Artoczies; January 10th, 2016 at 04:33..
Artoczies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2016, 23:14   #4
SuperHog
 
SuperHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Did try a different propane tank? If that propane tank's pin is too deep, no propane adapter will ever engage the pin in that tank to release gas.

I use both a AI and SPEED adapter and it works with every propane tank so far.
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2016, 23:21   #5
Danke
 
Danke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Danger Zone
Sometimes magazines with a huge floorplate need a special adapter or you need to remove the floorplate.
__________________
Airsoft, where nothing is hurt but feelings.
Danke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2016, 23:59   #6
Curo
Cobalt Caliber
 
Curo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bowmanville Ont
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
Sometimes magazines with a huge floorplate need a special adapter or you need to remove the floorplate.
This can be a common issue with WE P-Mags
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirestormX View Post
I know that isn't really what you asked, but it's the internet, and I like to type things that don't matter.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2016, 00:01   #7
jordan7831
will always be Mike Litoris in our hearts
 
jordan7831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: North York - Toronto
Like the above. Try a different tank if possible. Also there should be a probe on the adapter to test if the tank is full.

Or maybe the mag you have is quite recessed. Of that's the case. Remove the floorplate. Kr attach the duster adapter if you have it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirestormX View Post
YOU. ARE. MIKE. LITORUS. And if anyone mocks you, tell them they can suck it!
jordan7831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2016, 00:04   #8
jordan7831
will always be Mike Litoris in our hearts
 
jordan7831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: North York - Toronto
This could also be silly. But is the propane tank full? An empty tank will also give the same symptoms as in your video
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirestormX View Post
YOU. ARE. MIKE. LITORUS. And if anyone mocks you, tell them they can suck it!
jordan7831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2016, 00:37   #9
redzaku
 
redzaku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Edmonton
I have had one of the tanks and never had a problem, even with both polymer and metal ai adapter
From what I am seeing is that you have an empty tank, from personal experience that once you use a fresh tank, it should be difficult to remove the adapter
__________________
Love and Tolerance
Coffee, what purpose does these serve?

My little Soviets, Communism is magic
People's internet voices are always angry...
А ну, чики-брики и в дамки!
За Родину!
BRRRRRT!
redzaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2016, 14:23   #10
Artoczies
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHog View Post
Did try a different propane tank? If that propane tank's pin is too deep, no propane adapter will ever engage the pin in that tank to release gas.

I use both a AI and SPEED adapter and it works with every propane tank so far.
So weird, it is definitely engaging the pin but for some reason it is just not working out! In the paint illustration I accidentally left a tiny space in the first reference hehe sorry bout that. I meant it actually pushes on it but its just engaging it differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzaku View Post
I have had one of the tanks and never had a problem, even with both polymer and metal ai adapter
From what I am seeing is that you have an empty tank, from personal experience that once you use a fresh tank, it should be difficult to remove the adapter
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan7831 View Post
This could also be silly. But is the propane tank full? An empty tank will also give the same symptoms as in your video
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan7831 View Post
Like the above. Try a different tank if possible. Also there should be a probe on the adapter to test if the tank is full.
Or maybe the mag you have is quite recessed. Of that's the case. Remove the floorplate. Kr attach the duster adapter if you have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
Sometimes magazines with a huge floorplate need a special adapter or you need to remove the floorplate.
I just bought a BrenzOmatic propane tank from Home Depot.. I bought the 4 pack.. Same thing with all of them. Also tried taking off the floorplate, exact same results
Artoczies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2016, 17:36   #11
SuperHog
 
SuperHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artoczies View Post
So weird, it is definitely engaging the pin but for some reason it is just not working out! In the paint illustration I accidentally left a tiny space in the first reference hehe sorry bout that. I meant it actually pushes on it but its just engaging it differently.


I just bought a BrenzOmatic propane tank from Home Depot.. I bought the 4 pack.. Same thing with all of them. Also tried taking off the floorplate, exact same results
Is the air passage in the AI adapter plugged?
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2016, 17:49   #12
Artoczies
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHog View Post
Is the air passage in the AI adapter plugged?
Yeah like in my illustrations the first reference. pretend the air passage way of the adapter is engaging the pin. i feel like the propane tank expels gas in the way as I illustrated so it isn't actually going into the airway since its blocked from engaging the tank
Artoczies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2016, 18:29   #13
SuperHog
 
SuperHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artoczies View Post
Yeah like in my illustrations the first reference. pretend the air passage way of the adapter is engaging the pin. i feel like the propane tank expels gas in the way as I illustrated so it isn't actually going into the airway since its blocked from engaging the tank
I suggest you have the dealer give you a replacement adapter. You wasted enough time with that adapter.
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2016, 02:48   #14
Slodin
 
Slodin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Surrey B.C
I just compared my Ai adapter and the coleman propane tank to your pictures...
they look exactly the same...i guess try a new adapter...
__________________
Slodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2016, 10:44   #15
BloodSport
Traveling Man
 
BloodSport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
Bad oring inside the tank more than likely.

There is a post on here somewhere by Madmax about this issue on random tanks. If you go to www.airsoft-innovations.com then click on support and read the gun gas kit manual it tells you about this and how to check.
__________________
Saskatchewan Age Verifier! Contact for more Info.
BloodSport is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
BuyAirsoft

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.