Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Am I being unreasonable?

:

General

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old June 18th, 2015, 20:53   #16
HeReigns
 
HeReigns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Winnipeg
I think its safe to say you 100% got screwed. 2 weeks is one thing, but 2 weeks with no communication is another. Especially if he's logging on.

Its time to take action.
__________________

"Remember...stop, drop and roll...will not work in hell"
HeReigns is offline  
Old June 18th, 2015, 21:56   #17
jordan7831
will always be Mike Litoris in our hearts
 
jordan7831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: North York - Toronto
I have been on the internet too long. I thought this was one of those posts that ends with "Where did you come? from where did you go? Where did you come from cotton eye Joe"

But in all seriousness. I believe it is time to get mods involved. You have been quite patient.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirestormX View Post
YOU. ARE. MIKE. LITORUS. And if anyone mocks you, tell them they can suck it!
jordan7831 is offline  
Old June 19th, 2015, 11:18   #18
BloodSport
Traveling Man
 
BloodSport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
I'm going to state this if you are not willing to give the username then posts like this should never be made.
__________________
Saskatchewan Age Verifier! Contact for more Info.
BloodSport is offline  
Old June 19th, 2015, 11:24   #19
BioRage
\_(ツ)_/ - Professional Complainer who wants to do nothing to help out. QQer maximus, will QQ for Free. Snowflake exemplified.
 
BioRage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto
Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodSport View Post
I'm going to state this if you are not willing to give the username then posts like this should never be made.
x2, why bother hiding the alias of the d00d? Just post it out right mate.
BioRage is offline  
Old June 19th, 2015, 12:00   #20
BloodSport
Traveling Man
 
BloodSport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
actually I'm going to extend on this, from now on if I see a post like this and there is no name mentioned, I am going to just delete the post to stop wasting everyones time.
__________________
Saskatchewan Age Verifier! Contact for more Info.
BloodSport is offline  
Old June 20th, 2015, 04:51   #21
J-Man19
 
J-Man19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Calgary AB
I see nothing wrong with making certain that a screw job has actually happened before posting the person's name.
J-Man19 is offline  
Old June 20th, 2015, 10:23   #22
Antikythera
 
Antikythera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Amherstburg, On
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Man19 View Post
I see nothing wrong with making certain that a screw job has actually happened before posting the person's name.
+1

Hell maybe the guy died...
__________________
"ANTI"
WE M4/KING ARMS M4/ARES "HONEY BADGER"/KRYTAC SPR
BELL GLOCK 17/WE XDM
Antikythera is offline  
Old June 20th, 2015, 13:38   #23
zombiesniper
 
zombiesniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Angus, ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antikythera View Post
+1

Hell maybe the guy died...
Then he won't mind a bad trader rating
zombiesniper is offline  
Old June 20th, 2015, 13:42   #24
Antikythera
 
Antikythera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Amherstburg, On
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiesniper View Post
Then he won't mind a bad trader rating
I wouldn't mess with ghosts.
__________________
"ANTI"
WE M4/KING ARMS M4/ARES "HONEY BADGER"/KRYTAC SPR
BELL GLOCK 17/WE XDM
Antikythera is offline  
Old June 20th, 2015, 14:11   #25
RainyEyes
- Professional Complainer who wants to do nothing to help out. QQer maximus, will QQ for Free. Snowflake exemplified.
 
RainyEyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Scarbororororough
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Man19 View Post
I see nothing wrong with making certain that a screw job has actually happened before posting the person's name.
It's better to leave the name of an individual out unless you are 100% sure you've been screwed. It saves from ruining an individual's reputation without verifying all the facts, because allegations are still allegations and unverified. People might take it for truth and make faulty conclusions.

These kinds of posts are, in all fairness, moot in general because it's really the mod/admin's job to deal with scammers, even if the name is mentioned in the forum post.
RainyEyes is offline  
Old June 20th, 2015, 17:39   #26
hollywood...
Administrator
 
hollywood...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: In a Van,.... Down by the River!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
It's better to leave the name of an individual out unless you are 100% sure you've been screwed. It saves from ruining an individual's reputation without verifying all the facts, because allegations are still allegations and unverified. People might take it for truth and make faulty conclusions.

These kinds of posts are, in all fairness, moot in general because it's really the mod/admin's job to deal with scammers, even if the name is mentioned in the forum post.
I disagree,... it you have paid someone and they will not respond to messages (even after they have logged in and know they have a message) once days turn into weeks it is time to call the person out.

I'm sorry, but I work hard for my money and if someone tries to scam me I'll make sure they are sorry and do whatever I can to ensure that no one else gets screwed.
__________________
MODT - tu fui ego eris
hollywood... is offline  
Old June 20th, 2015, 18:23   #27
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy
 
Kozzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
It's wrong to call someone out before you know they've ripped you off, but it's also wrong to not tell the community about a person who is ripping people off.

Personally, given the circumstances, I would be calling foul after a couple of days without so much as a message. You're only giving him more opportunity to rip off others.

I hope you're able to recoup your losses OP.
Kozzie is offline  
Old June 20th, 2015, 23:12   #28
BloodSport
Traveling Man
 
BloodSport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
Let me clarify my previous post is not.up for debate.

If you are not willing to name.someone who has dropped comms and you are worried about an issue then do not waste the membership or admins time as we do see these posts and come to read them to see what we can do.
__________________
Saskatchewan Age Verifier! Contact for more Info.
BloodSport is offline  
Old June 21st, 2015, 00:32   #29
Shamusodoofus
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto (GTA)
If this thread is not allowed then please do delete it. I did not make this thread to alert the community of a possible scammer/fraudster, I made the thread to get the opinion of the community on the matter. While I have read the FAQs on what to do when you are scammed I felt my situation was unique as the person I am dealing with recently had his father admitted to the hospital in critical and life threatening condition. At the moment I have slight reason to believe I have been scammed but I cannot say with 100% certainty. I have called the workplace of the person in question and the receptionist has confirmed his excuse and he has indeed taken time off of work to attend to his family/personal matters. The work place is a reputable business in the community (from google reviews and other sites) and has been in business for many years. I have no reason to believe they are lying to me or in on it with him.

While my opinion on the matter still remains that it is not good business to delay shipping for so long and not keep me updated, at the moment I feel the issue is only worthy of a negative trader rating with a lengthy comment. I have given the person until Monday June 22nd to contact me before I go full out and contact the local authorities and admins of ASC. Once this time has passed I will definitely let the community know about the person in question. Regardless, admins feel free to close this thread down. I have gotten the information I sought. I will update on Monday the 22nd if the thread is still up and alert the community along with all PMs.
Shamusodoofus is offline  
Old June 21st, 2015, 00:38   #30
daishi
 
daishi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto
Send a message via MSN to daishi
This has been an emotional roller coaster and I for one hope this thread stays open.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
Is he a spambot or is he a francophone? I really can't tell the difference sometimes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline  
Closed ThreadTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 00:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.