Airsoft Canada
Airsoft Depot

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Reflections - 1996 in the GTA

:

General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old October 7th, 2005, 12:34   #16
wind
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Poncho,

dont forget about bob (bagger) and alex in the west.

Even though they havnt played much in the last 6 years they are still around.

I started playing with those guys just after you moved back east... the good old days of Recon 7.

And the days that peter drove to our houses with a trunk full of guns. You ask to buy a springer and he brings in 4 aeg's. This before he had a well known store front.

All the games at the twassen field when peter said he would come.... He always showed up 3 hours late and forgot the bb's!
wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2005, 12:39   #17
Primus
Super Moderator
 
Primus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Ottawa, ON
Send a message via MSN to Primus
Quote:
Originally Posted by KwokwaiWu
I remember the "oh $^*t!" from behind the meeting room door when they heard your gas gun firing up as well as those guys one-hand racking your shotgun with the cracked outer again, and again and again with the silly grins on their faces...
Guess in who's closet that shotgun is in right now
__________________
MODT - Magnus Operator Development Team - tu fui ego eris

Gray Fox Strategic - @grayfoxstrategic on Facebook / Instagram
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2005, 13:35   #18
lt_poncho
 
lt_poncho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: GTA
Send a message via MSN to lt_poncho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus
Quote:
Originally Posted by KwokwaiWu
I remember the "oh $^*t!" from behind the meeting room door when they heard your gas gun firing up as well as those guys one-hand racking your shotgun with the cracked outer again, and again and again with the silly grins on their faces...
Guess in who's closet that shotgun is in right now
LOL!!! You inherited my M870???!!! No way!!

Get this - I got that gun thru BLACKFOX - he got it at a store in Japan for me, then shipped it back when he got back. I hooked that thing up to CO2 as soon as I got it, blew a few holes in the wall (10 bbs x 120 PSI = ka-boom) then blew out the poor seals. Fixed it up since then, but then everyone who saw it kept pulling a Terminator with it and it finally cracked the barrel.
I think MADMAX/Carl is the only one who's got an M870 running the way one should. CO2 bay-bee!!!
lt_poncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2005, 14:15   #19
Primus
Super Moderator
 
Primus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Ottawa, ON
Send a message via MSN to Primus
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt_poncho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus
Quote:
Originally Posted by KwokwaiWu
I remember the "oh $^*t!" from behind the meeting room door when they heard your gas gun firing up as well as those guys one-hand racking your shotgun with the cracked outer again, and again and again with the silly grins on their faces...
Guess in who's closet that shotgun is in right now
LOL!!! You inherited my M870???!!! No way!!

I shit you not! Hollowpoint gave it to me when he moved out to London a couple years ago.
__________________
MODT - Magnus Operator Development Team - tu fui ego eris

Gray Fox Strategic - @grayfoxstrategic on Facebook / Instagram
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2005, 15:01   #20
MadMorbius
Administrator Malleus Veto
 
MadMorbius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Send a message via ICQ to MadMorbius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnisador
Poncho, you need to tell the tale of the team who played for "keeps". You know, the guys who'd play a best of 3 games...winner keeps the loser's guns.
I think that'd be UCD, correct?
__________________
[/FONT]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaf_shooter View Post
what if it model after his?
MadMorbius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2005, 16:29   #21
oates76
 
oates76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Calgary, AB
Yup, didn't they have something to do with an Ewok Village?
oates76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2005, 16:36   #22
Arnisador
Administrator
 
Arnisador's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Send a message via MSN to Arnisador
I know I'm jumping a half-decade ahead, but was looking at those archive links and I read the news blurb about Op: Capital Thunder 1. Lots of good hype around that game. And a story or two about steak dinners and some wierd old hobo who wandered into the playing field (the two stories are not related ).

*sigh* even had funds put aside and some local players ready to head out for Cap Thunder 3 which unfortunately never developed.
__________________
It doesn't seem much, to stir a man's soul. Just a moth eaten rag on a worm eaten pole. But 'tis the deeds that were done 'neath this moth eaten rag, when the pole was a staff, and the rag was a flag.

CUM CATAPULTAE PROSCRIPTAE ERUNT TUM SOLI PROSCRIPT CATAPULTAS HABEBUNT
Arnisador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2005, 18:29   #23
lt_poncho
 
lt_poncho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: GTA
Send a message via MSN to lt_poncho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnisador
*sigh* even had funds put aside and some local players ready to head out for Cap Thunder 3 which unfortunately never developed.
Hope you hung on to those funds...
lt_poncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2005, 22:03   #24
Arnisador
Administrator
 
Arnisador's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Send a message via MSN to Arnisador
don't be teasing me Poncho...still hoping to meet the infamous "east side" crew in game-like circumstances.

by east side I mean everyone east of Manitoba heheheheh
__________________
It doesn't seem much, to stir a man's soul. Just a moth eaten rag on a worm eaten pole. But 'tis the deeds that were done 'neath this moth eaten rag, when the pole was a staff, and the rag was a flag.

CUM CATAPULTAE PROSCRIPTAE ERUNT TUM SOLI PROSCRIPT CATAPULTAS HABEBUNT
Arnisador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 02:54   #25
Trader 762
 
Trader 762's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto, ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwokwai View Post
Holy moley, this is going far back. Who would'a thunk we'd be where we are today?

Heheheh. That was Adrenaline Zone run by Jules I think his name was... were you referring to Andrew Blackburn (sp?)? I think that he was the one with the Ford Contour.
Holy moley is right.

I was part of their team, Genocide captained by Bob, I think someone referred to him as Bagger. We did one tournament, the Canada Open in Montreal, we sucked a@# needless to say. Oh wait, we also did a tourney up at Wasaga, Beach Blast, I think, both tournies I think were in 1996.

Man, this brings back memories as well.

Jules, the gun guy, I bought my first autococker off him, still have it actually.

That place (AZ) was awesome compared to fields at the time.

What ever happened to the guys from AZ? I ran into one of my former teammates at all places, a real estate seminar, Nick was his name.

Anyone in contact with Bob? I still remember how he recruited me to the team. I had organized an outing with some friends from high school.

Two asian brothers that owned AZ. Joel the crippled goalie, he busted up his shoulder up pretty good one time.

I remember Andrew as well, when we were in Montreal, I think he suggested on restaurant and man, they had the best ribs I've ever eaten!

That was a fun tourney needless to say. The stories from the hotel.
__________________
M16A3 MAX PTW,
TM G17,
6" straw

"Doubt all before you believe anything."
Sir Francis Bacon
Trader 762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 03:36   #26
Amos
 
Amos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tokushima, Japan
Send a message via MSN to Amos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader 762 View Post
Holy moley is right.

I was part of their team, Genocide captained by Bob, I think someone referred to him as Bagger. We did one tournament, the Canada Open in Montreal, we sucked a@# needless to say. Oh wait, we also did a tourney up at Wasaga, Beach Blast, I think, both tournies I think were in 1996.

Man, this brings back memories as well.

Jules, the gun guy, I bought my first autococker off him, still have it actually.

That place (AZ) was awesome compared to fields at the time.

What ever happened to the guys from AZ? I ran into one of my former teammates at all places, a real estate seminar, Nick was his name.

Anyone in contact with Bob? I still remember how he recruited me to the team. I had organized an outing with some friends from high school.

Two asian brothers that owned AZ. Joel the crippled goalie, he busted up his shoulder up pretty good one time.

I remember Andrew as well, when we were in Montreal, I think he suggested on restaurant and man, they had the best ribs I've ever eaten!

That was a fun tourney needless to say. The stories from the hotel.
Sorry to burst your bubble.... The last post in this thread is 3 years old..
__________________
Custom Builds:
FA3674U
Krinkov
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 10:08   #27
MadMax
Delierious Designer of Dastardly Detonations
 
MadMax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: in the dark recesses of some metal chip filled machine shop
But it's still so fun to look at the old blue dboard. There are still some from Team Old Farts hobbling around here.
__________________
Want nearly free GBB gas?

MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 11:59   #28
Zeonprime
NUTSHOT!
 
Zeonprime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Waterloo, kitchener, guelph, mississauga, north east toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
But it's still so fun to look at the old blue dboard. There are still some from Team Old Farts hobbling around here.

Carl Old farts just doesnt cut it.
Wildcard was at splatters on Thursday and I kept referring to his gen as "Ancient onez"
__________________

Quote:
Be safe not just with yourself, but those you play with. If you are reckless with other peoples safety then you will leave.
Zeonprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 12:13   #29
LyquidFyre
 
LyquidFyre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Southern Ontario/GTA
Well Poncho has taken on god like/ascended being/etc etc...status

Which he deserves of course. All praise Poncho!
__________________
Various BB throwers

Last edited by LyquidFyre; March 2nd, 2008 at 12:14.. Reason: Typo
LyquidFyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 14:34   #30
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants
 
Armyissue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Port Credit
Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
Not Ancient, I think these gents are more Druide.
Armyissue is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
Airsoft Depot

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 15:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.