Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Loadout Help

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old April 24th, 2013, 23:27   #1
Madrigal
 
Madrigal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Scarborough, Ontario
Loadout Help

Alright, I realize I have been asking for a lot of help lately, but I really want to make sure I buy the most versatile and usable kit that I can, that will last a long while. So far, I have my primary and secondary weapons. Now, for my gear loadout I am flip-flopping all over the place.
I know I want to get a full Flyye setup, simply because of the quality, but I can't decide on colour. I am between GB and RG. Also, I am trying to decide which of these two vests would be better:
http://www.shootercbgear.com/product...roducts_id=710
or
http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?products_id=712{3}67
I already have my belt laid out, I just need to decide on the colour.
Any assistance would be great.
Feel free to suggest other vests/rigs/full kits.
__________________
Peace through superior firepower.
Madrigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2013, 00:27   #2
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P
 
Hectic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
The best advice is get out and play a game or two. Check out gear in use and see what your needing when you on the field you will know much better then by seeing what it is you are "missing"
Its hard to tell folks what gear to get cause what works for some doesnt for others.
If i had to suggest something id say get a chest rig. They have alot of realestate are open in the back so they arent too hot and you can add and move stuff around to suit your needs you can ad an admin pannel or a backpac or camel back or a belt. Lotta option less restriction then a vest or PC
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
Hectic....FFS start writing in coherent sentences!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2013, 00:33   #3
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P
 
Hectic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Imo the RRV is prolly better to start with then the WSH
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
Hectic....FFS start writing in coherent sentences!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2013, 00:37   #4
Madrigal
 
Madrigal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Scarborough, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
Imo the RRV is prolly better to start with then the WSH
Any reason why? Just curious, because the RRV is going to need pouches and the like, and with the WSH I can just get going.
__________________
Peace through superior firepower.
Madrigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2013, 00:53   #5
BennyBoy
 
BennyBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto
I personally like the WSH, it's very versatile light vest. Comes with 12xm4 mag capabilities so no need for m4 mag pouches. Actually considering ordering that WSH, my China clone is starting to wear out. May grab one for my buddy too while I'm at it, let's share shipping cost =D

I'm not sure if it applies to this branded vest but the only thing I don't like about it is it'll slide forward if you are only front heavy. I usually put a hydration pouch on the back so make sure it's balanced.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baird
Canada will never become a safe haven for zombies. EVER!
BennyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2013, 00:55   #6
zone 69
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: KELOWNA , B.C CANADA, PLANET EARTH
I like some thing that's a little more open and airy and can be taken off in the field with out having to take off my head gear.
I don't remember the name of my rig but black hawk and a clone witch is the one I have, it's the one with the floaty thing's built into the rig.
zone 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2013, 00:58   #7
Madrigal
 
Madrigal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Scarborough, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBoy View Post
May grab one for my buddy too while I'm at it, let's share shipping cost =D
Heh, you wouldn't want to split the cost with me. When I buy kit, I buy the entire kit at once. Right now, I am just torn between the two vests. RRV or WSH. I know I don't want a plate carrier, but I need something more versatile than a chest rig. That is why I like the WSH and RRV. They seem to be a hybrid.
I really just need to figure out what colour to get. Ranger Green seems to work best for Canadian fields AND indoors. But CB also does :/
__________________
Peace through superior firepower.
Madrigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2013, 00:59   #8
BennyBoy
 
BennyBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto
OD or go home =D

Edit: You buy everything from one place? I find it hard to find everything I want that way...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baird
Canada will never become a safe haven for zombies. EVER!
BennyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2013, 01:02   #9
Madrigal
 
Madrigal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Scarborough, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBoy View Post
OD or go home =D

Edit: You buy everything from one place? I find it hard to find everything I want that way...
I personally find OD TOO green for my liking :/ And I buy everything from one BRAND simply to insure colour and quality matching. ShooterCBGear.com simply has the entire Flyye kit that I want. Plus, shopping all in one place lets you look at your cart, and better visualize the full kit.
__________________
Peace through superior firepower.
Madrigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2013, 01:04   #10
BennyBoy
 
BennyBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto
Some people will tell you that slight colour differences help blend in better as it diffuses hard lines
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baird
Canada will never become a safe haven for zombies. EVER!
BennyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2013, 01:08   #11
Madrigal
 
Madrigal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Scarborough, Ontario
OD is too green to be used closer to winter. Ranger Green seems to be fine for that with its lighter, more grey colour. And if they can spot my rig, they can sure as hell spot my rifle, which essentially means rig colour is redundant, as long as it is not blatantly different from the surroundings. I personally ID targets based on goggles, helmets and guns. I find them the easiest to spot. With rigs, I usually find the solid colour ones HARDER to spot once shade gets on them. With multiple colours, it is more likely that you will have a light patch in the shade, that should be dark.
__________________
Peace through superior firepower.
Madrigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2013, 11:12   #12
m102404
Tys
 
m102404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
OD is too green to be used closer to winter. Ranger Green seems to be fine for that with its lighter, more grey colour. And if they can spot my rig, they can sure as hell spot my rifle, which essentially means rig colour is redundant, as long as it is not blatantly different from the surroundings. I personally ID targets based on goggles, helmets and guns. I find them the easiest to spot. With rigs, I usually find the solid colour ones HARDER to spot once shade gets on them. With multiple colours, it is more likely that you will have a light patch in the shade, that should be dark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
I personally find OD TOO green for my liking :/ And I buy everything from one BRAND simply to insure colour and quality matching. ShooterCBGear.com simply has the entire Flyye kit that I want. Plus, shopping all in one place lets you look at your cart, and better visualize the full kit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
Heh, you wouldn't want to split the cost with me. When I buy kit, I buy the entire kit at once. Right now, I am just torn between the two vests. RRV or WSH. I know I don't want a plate carrier, but I need something more versatile than a chest rig. That is why I like the WSH and RRV. They seem to be a hybrid.
I really just need to figure out what colour to get. Ranger Green seems to work best for Canadian fields AND indoors. But CB also does :/
You've kind of answered your own question over and over (I think in the other thread you did too).

You're right...no one colour works all year around at every field. In general, match your rig colour to the predominate "at-a-glance" colour of your BDUs. For some it'll be green (like woodland/cadpat/etc...) for others it'll be brown (like 3 colour desert, etc..) and for some it'll be either depending on the make/brand of the cloth (i.e. multicam...which in general CB/Khaki usually works best with it).

In general though, with airsoft ranges, guys are more easily spotted because of their movement/proximity or not seen because of lighting/natural concealment.

So...BDU/rig choices are usually based off of what real life guys use and what team/side you want to play on.
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2013, 11:46   #13
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P
 
Hectic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
Any reason why? Just curious, because the RRV is going to need pouches and the like, and with the WSH I can just get going.
Cause the rrv is smaller across the front so if your not a big guy itll still fit. The wsh is made to hold plates so even if your a bigger guy without the plates itll be loose/sloppy
The rrv is open in the back so it is cooler to wear in hot weather snd should be lighter
Im not saykn the wsh is bad its just alot of stuff you dont really need for airsoft and because of that it will be alot hotter then the rrv and heavier too. If you go to alot of milsims and such where you wanna carry 12 mags plus IFAK food extra water ammo radio tools zleeping kit and other assorted stuff the wsh would be good but i dont think youll wanna carry all that extra crap most of the time so youll be running a modular rig with nothing on it just using thebinternal pouches to hold your mags and thats it doesent make sense to me. The wsh is made to hold 12 mags so you csn then put more mags and a whole slue of other kit to keep sustained for days in the field most sirsofters dont need that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
Hectic....FFS start writing in coherent sentences!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2013, 11:55   #14
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P
 
Hectic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
From thd item discription
Front pannel is 25inch not counting the buckles
If you got a 40inch waist or bigger it should fit nice but if your an average sized guy youll swim in that thing i know i could wrap that front pannell 3/4 the way around myself that is why even if i wanted a "vest" type rig i could never find one to fit. A chest rig will have a pannel about that size and it goes round both my sides and some of em will even have one pouch on either side of my back. Consider your size 25inch front pannel plust 10-15in the back plus 4inch or more for the bucklez and straps.
How big are you?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
Hectic....FFS start writing in coherent sentences!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2013, 12:59   #15
mzo
 
mzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Thornhill, Ontario
I have the Pantac version of the WSH chest rig and I have used it in indoor/cqb games.
I like the fit and I am a big dude, 250 lbs big, it has room for everything I need and it is easy for me to access what I need on it.

Also when I bought it my plan was to run an M4, however so far I have only gamed with a MP5 and a MP7, and I had no problems fitting MP5 and MP7 magazines in the built in pouches even though they were made for M4 magazines.

The down side is that if you do not fill in the built in magazine pouch and just decide to add MOLLE pouches to it then those pouches will really sag.

The RRV allows you to add the pouches you want and when that setup is no longer viable you can change the setup by moving around pouches and/or adding new pouches.
__________________

A Canadian is someone who knows how to make love in a canoe - Pierre Berton
mzo is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.