Airsoft Canada
MILSIG

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WE SCAR mags and M4 Mags difference?

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old April 10th, 2013, 11:30   #1
Nickaayyy
 
Nickaayyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Deux-Montagnes,QC
WE SCAR mags and M4 Mags difference?

Hi Guys!!

Here's a new dummy/newb question for you guys

When searching on some retailers websites for mags for my little brother SCAR-L, I found that there's M4/M16 mags and one for the SCAR only. Found that was wierd because both use STANAG in real life so I searched on google for my answer and everyone says their compatible.

So my quetion is : Why to they sell them separately? Is their a little difference we have to modify before using them in another gun? It's something I wonder why retailer sell them separately.

They may be already a post on this, so don't hesitate to bring it up.

Flaming in this post is PERMITTED !!!
__________________
-KWC P226 X5
-Ra-Tech WE HK416
Nickaayyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 11:59   #2
Deadpool
 
Deadpool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Trois-Rivières
They are the exact same thing!

The only reason some retailers sell tan mags as "SCAR" mags, is because the scar is more popular in that color. Other then that, there is absolutely no reasons for them to sell WE scar mags.
__________________

Vérificateur d'age Mauricie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
So you're saying we cannot engage in a hobby once we are older?

Children these days.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 12:19   #3
Nickaayyy
 
Nickaayyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Deux-Montagnes,QC
Ok tnx for the info!!

Gonna be useful to buy a huge batch of mags for me and my brother
__________________
-KWC P226 X5
-Ra-Tech WE HK416
Nickaayyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 17:48   #4
Anthology
 
Anthology's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Edit: Lol, didn't read title. Disregard unless you have an AEG.

Be careful.

SCAR-H mags are NOT the same. They are much bigger as they hold 7.62 caliber rounds in real life.

Ensure you are buying SCAR-L/M4/M16 mags if you two are using SCAR-L's.

Happy hunting!
__________________

Taylor

Last edited by Anthology; April 11th, 2013 at 10:53.. Reason: Mistake
Anthology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 17:51   #5
Nickaayyy
 
Nickaayyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Deux-Montagnes,QC
It's ok for the caliber, my brother already have is SCAR-L. Me i'm waiting my Hk416 to be shipped. But thanks for the info.
__________________
-KWC P226 X5
-Ra-Tech WE HK416
Nickaayyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 17:52   #6
Deadpool
 
Deadpool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Trois-Rivières
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthology View Post
Be careful.

SCAR-H mags are NOT the same. They are much bigger as they hold 7.62 caliber rounds in real life.

Ensure you are buying SCAR-L/M4/M16 mags if you two are using SCAR-L's.

Happy hunting!
There are no WE SCAR-H yet.

So your argument is not really relevant.
__________________

Vérificateur d'age Mauricie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
So you're saying we cannot engage in a hobby once we are older?

Children these days.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 20:43   #7
ap27
 
ap27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brampton, ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
There are no WE SCAR-H yet.
I had just forgotten about this....now I'm sad again. Still remember them showing the lower receiver in some sneak peak video. When was that...2010?
__________________
H&K G36c (KWA) / Glock 18c (TM) / Kimber LAPD SWAT Custom (TM) / Mossberg M500 (ACM)

ap27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 21:02   #8
Deadpool
 
Deadpool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Trois-Rivières
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap27 View Post
I had just forgotten about this....now I'm sad again. Still remember them showing the lower receiver in some sneak peak video. When was that...2010?
It must be in the same TBD bin as the P90
__________________

Vérificateur d'age Mauricie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
So you're saying we cannot engage in a hobby once we are older?

Children these days.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 21:40   #9
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner
 
Eeyore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: St Lambert, Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
It must be in the same TBD bin as the P90
Also the MP5 and Aug too.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinard View Post
eeyore, the more I look at your avatar, the more I find it looks like a vagina...
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 21:53   #10
Anthology
 
Anthology's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
There are no WE SCAR-H yet.

So your argument is not really relevant.
Lol whoops. Didn't read the title, just his content so I assumed AEG.
__________________

Taylor
Anthology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 23:23   #11
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants
 
Armyissue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Port Credit
Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
I just tried putting the WE gbbr mags in a kwa m4 it doesn't fit what did I do wrong?
Armyissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 23:31   #12
Deadpool
 
Deadpool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Trois-Rivières
Have you check the wiring in the magazine?

It could be the fuse.

Also try the Reset button.
__________________

Vérificateur d'age Mauricie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
So you're saying we cannot engage in a hobby once we are older?

Children these days.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 23:31   #13
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"
 
pusangani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Scarbrah, Ontario
What WE gbbr? The AKM PMC or the G39C? Because those aren't compatible with KWA
__________________
pusangani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 23:46   #14
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants
 
Armyissue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Port Credit
Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
WE Scar
Armyissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2013, 09:52   #15
Nickaayyy
 
Nickaayyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Deux-Montagnes,QC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
Have you check the wiring in the magazine?

It could be the fuse.

Also try the Reset button.
If the reset dont work, change of battery in it. Just stupid they put AA battery in it...
__________________
-KWC P226 X5
-Ra-Tech WE HK416
Nickaayyy is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
MILSIG

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.