Airsoft Canada
MILSIG

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Replica Aimpoint CompM2 battery change

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old February 2nd, 2013, 21:23   #1
413xrocks200
 
413xrocks200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Unhappy Replica Aimpoint CompM2 battery change

My friend gave me a CompM2 replica. It is very a generic Compm2. The batteries are dead on it, and he doesn't know the brand of the unit. He doesn't have the packaging anymore either. I look everywhere online and practically exhausted my resources. I don't want to throw it out as the sight seems to be quite nice.

Since it is a fairly generic replica, I'm gonna assume is the same with most CompM2s. So if anyone knows, where so you replace batteries on a Aimpoint CompM2?

Any help will be appreciated
413xrocks200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2013, 21:35   #2
chaosrealm93
 
chaosrealm93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
there should be a plastic thong holding the windage, elevation and the battery cover together. twist open the cap for the little tube on the side change the batteries.
__________________
Deployment Record

-Operation Food Drive 2011
chaosrealm93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2013, 22:44   #3
JLiang
 
JLiang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Waterloo, ON
Send a message via Skype™ to JLiang
Okay, I'm not sure about you, but these are the steps on my G&P AimPoint Comp M2.

First, verify that you actually have an M2 Version. It should look like this:


If you do, coolsies. Proceed to the next step. If not, then sorry. You might have to fiddle around with it a bit, or continue Googling.

So, if you have a standard Comp M2, then you need to unscrew the windage and elevation dials, so that it looks like this:


Next, unscrew the front compartment on the brightness adjustment dial. It should be attached to both zeroing caps by either a string or a rubber/silicone/whatever plate, and should have an o-ring between it and the body. Once you've unscrewed that, congratulations! It should look like this:


And you've just completed your battery exchange. The batteries mine takes are 'hearing aid batteries', but yours may differ. Here are mine, for reference:


Hope that helped! If it didn't, maybe post some pics and we can all see what we can do.
__________________
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
JLiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2013, 22:45   #4
413xrocks200
 
413xrocks200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrealm93 View Post
there should be a plastic thong holding the windage, elevation and the battery cover together. twist open the cap for the little tube on the side change the batteries.
Okay yep that worked. Tried that at first, turn skeptical at first when it wouldn't even budge ONE BIT. Got some giant pliers, and that seemed to do the trick
413xrocks200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2013, 22:48   #5
413xrocks200
 
413xrocks200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLiang View Post
Okay, I'm not sure about you, but these are the steps on my G&P AimPoint Comp M2.

First, verify that you actually have an M2 Version. It should look like this:


If you do, coolsies. Proceed to the next step. If not, then sorry. You might have to fiddle around with it a bit, or continue Googling.

So, if you have a standard Comp M2, then you need to unscrew the windage and elevation dials, so that it looks like this:


Next, unscrew the front compartment on the brightness adjustment dial. It should be attached to both zeroing caps by either a string or a rubber/silicone/whatever plate, and should have an o-ring between it and the body. Once you've unscrewed that, congratulations! It should look like this:


And you've just completed your battery exchange. The batteries mine takes are 'hearing aid batteries', but yours may differ. Here are mine, for reference:


Hope that helped! If it didn't, maybe post some pics and we can all see what we can do.
yea, got it open. Mine are a little stiff, but got it out
I see your missing the front lens cover too. Any idea where they sell replacement covers?
413xrocks200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2013, 22:53   #6
JLiang
 
JLiang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Waterloo, ON
Send a message via Skype™ to JLiang
Ahaha, you've got quite the eye. XD

Unfortunately, I do, but only for RS AimPoints. They're over $30 a pop, so I'm still on the hunt.

Sorry about that. :P
__________________
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
JLiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2013, 23:42   #7
413xrocks200
 
413xrocks200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLiang View Post
Ahaha, you've got quite the eye. XD

Unfortunately, I do, but only for RS AimPoints. They're over $30 a pop, so I'm still on the hunt.

Sorry about that. :P
Yea, wouldn't of noticed if mine weren't broken too
as for the lens covers, ill look around for it then. It has a kill-flash which should protect it from anything too bad.
413xrocks200 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
MILSIG

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.