Airsoft Canada
www.jsairsoft.com

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

which vest?

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 30th, 2013, 06:29   #16
FoxhoundNB
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fredericton NB
It's funny you "rage" about someone calling a camouflage calling it by its commonly referred to name, which is technically wrong, and then go on to use the word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curo View Post
Irregardless .
FoxhoundNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 11:07   #17
Ricochet
Can I ask you a serious question? How much sand can you fit in your vagina?
 
Ricochet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: North Delta, BC (Greater Vancouver)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxhoundNB View Post
It's funny you "rage" about someone calling a camouflage calling it by its commonly referred to name, which is technically wrong, and then go on to use the word
I see your point, but technically nothing; it's wrong.

Ditch the UCP, that pattern is dismal at best. Anywhere it works, there are ten camouflages that work better. That was my first pattern getting into airsoft, I had all real steel American military gear. After I saw a few videos of me playing in various environments, I was done with it. It's so easy to spot, and the few places it kind of works, it's super susceptible to movement.

Green goes with almost everything, and will match a large variety of green, or brown based camouflages; even some transitional ones. Green will go with multicam, Cadpat, woodland, AOR-2, Marpat, etc.

UCP doesn't even work with UCP because it just adds to the problem.
__________________
ďREALITY IS LIKE A STONE. TO MANY ITíS HARD AND COLD, THEY CANíT HUG IT OR EAT IT, IT ONLY FRUSTERATES THEM AND DOESNíT DO THEM MUCH GOOD. TO OTHERS ITíS STRONG AND DEPENDABLE, YOU CAN BUILD WITH IT, BUILD UPON IT, OR WORK WITH IT, ALSO USE IT TO SMASH PEOPLE IN THE FACE.Ē
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 11:43   #18
Renegade)
A Total Bastard
 
Renegade)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Tottenham, Ontario
If you played near me, I would say pick the ACU... I am sure you can figure out why

Take the OD and get a Green based BDU to go with it that helps blend into your environment.
__________________
W1-5
Renegade) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 11:49   #19
Moonschlagen
 
Moonschlagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Edmonton
Yeah I made the mistake of running all UCP gear and camo as my first loadout. It only really works in an urban or rocky terrain. Next set of gear is definitely coyote brown with multicam BDU's.
__________________
Primary:
ICS M16A3 RAS
ICS CXP.08

Secondary:
TM Glock 17
Moonschlagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 12:26   #20
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants
 
Armyissue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Port Credit
Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue

Two things to consider.
This is a critical difference.
UCP / ACU issue uniforms are Inexpensive and real Army Surplus Uniforms.
Meaning they are tougher.
They are designed and built specifically for the type of actions you will be performing,
by the US Military.
Next
Since most players are at outdoor PB venues with structures the UCP masks with the aged Plywood very fkn well. Starting with ACU UCP is not a poor choice. Its affordable durable and if your just starting You will get shot up because you are new not because your camo gave you away. But at least your pants didn't FAIL. (Renagayed) The Condor vest OD or ACU meh whatever, Coyote and ACU works together, its all EarthTones.

Last edited by Armyissue; January 30th, 2013 at 12:37..
Armyissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 12:34   #21
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants
 
Armyissue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Port Credit
Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue

This is Kleenex the other is Tissue.



Skil Saw

ACU / UCP Generic names. get over it 7331 ists
Armyissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 12:37   #22
Curo
Cobalt Caliber
 
Curo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bowmanville Ont
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxhoundNB View Post
It's funny you "rage" about someone calling a camouflage calling it by its commonly referred to name, which is technically wrong, and then go on to use the word
Its a joke bro. Good job getting your panties in a bunch.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirestormX View Post
I know that isn't really what you asked, but it's the internet, and I like to type things that don't matter.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 12:47   #23
boogiebot
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyissue View Post

Two things to consider.
This is a critical difference.
UCP / ACU issue uniforms are Inexpensive and real Army Surplus Uniforms.
Meaning they are tougher.
They are designed and built specifically for the type of actions you will be performing,
by the US Military.
Next
Since most players are at outdoor PB venues with structures the UCP masks with the aged Plywood very fkn well. Starting with ACU UCP is not a poor choice. Its affordable durable and if your just starting You will get shot up because you are new not because your camo gave you away. But at least your pants didn't FAIL. (Renagayed) The Condor vest OD or ACU meh whatever, Coyote and ACU works together, its all EarthTones.
Thanks for the insight Armyissue and I do see your point regarding paintball venues and structures. This should be a consideration.
boogiebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 13:58   #24
boogiebot
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: BC
just curious do you guys have multiple sets of camo for different environments??
boogiebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 14:15   #25
nstahl.19
 
nstahl.19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Kitchener, ON
2 so far, Crye AOR1 and AOR2, still working on the loadouts. I want to get some crye precision presicion as well. Seems to work well in so many environments, the material has a coating which helps it adapt to its surrounding environment and lighting. In greens it'll stand out more as a green and in tan areas more as a brown/tan.

Last edited by nstahl.19; January 30th, 2013 at 15:20..
nstahl.19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 14:39   #26
hot_shot under fire
AKA M700murder
 
hot_shot under fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kingsville, On
If I were in your situation I would chose the OD vest. OD works in a large variety of environments, and as a solid colour it goes well with many camouflage patterns. After all, Olive Drab has been used by many countries soldiers for a very long time, and only in the last 20/30 years has the solid OD been slowly phased out for newer camo patterns.

As far as running multiple sets of camo BDU's/ACU's/Combats, many people have two or more sets. This is because most skirmishes have their teams separated into a green team and a tan team. It is also because the colour of our environment tends to change on a regular basis, and most people like to change their camouflage accordingly so they blend into their surroundings more effectively.

I personally run 3 camo patterns which I chose depending on the season, and whether green or tan team needs an extra guy. I currently have a set of A-TACS AU, A-TACS FG and Multicam in my closet. A-TACS AU is a very obvious tan, and A-TACS FG is very green in nature. Multicam is a in the middle pattern as it has both green and tan in it. However, people who run games tend to put Multicam on the tan side as it does have a tan/brown base. Although it is not uncommon to use the guys decked out in their Multicams as a tiebreaker when a lot of guys in green show up and very few in tan come, or vise versa.

In the end, you can have the best of both worlds. You can use the UCP pattern as a base under your OD vest when you are in a UCP-friendly environment. But, because you have an OD vest you won't be limited to just UCP. You can freely run any number of patterns that you wish to use. The sky's the limit... Assuming your pocket is as deep as the sky is high.
__________________
NSWDG Enthusiast, Milsim Junkie, Tactical Tailor, Kit Calibrator.
The rants & ramblings of an everyday Weekend Warrior.
#BreacherOnPoint

Last edited by hot_shot under fire; January 30th, 2013 at 14:42..
hot_shot under fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 15:38   #27
MADDOG
 
MADDOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Aurora/Ontario
On either vest I would still dust them with tan krylon (and light black krylon) to give it that real used operator look.

Problem solved and you look like you have been in the shit for years
__________________
WOLFPACK U-96

Cry Havoc, Let slip the Dogs of War!

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."
- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
MADDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
www.jsairsoft.com

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 13:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.