Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Question re: WE Hi-Capa 5.1 Versions

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 18th, 2013, 13:56   #1
ardo
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto
Question re: WE Hi-Capa 5.1 Versions

I can't seem to find any info on differences between H-, M-, and R-versions. The looks and mag capacity are of no importance to me - but accuracy is. Also, I'm only looking at CO2 versions of Hi-Capa 5.1, with adjustable rear sight.

Is this gun comparable to KJW's Hi-Capa in accuracy & quality? I'll be putting about 500 rounds through it weekly.

TIA.
ardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2013, 14:07   #2
Rusty Lugnuts
Fainting Goat, Dictator of Quinte West
 
Rusty Lugnuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Cobourg Ontario
I had a WE Hi-Capa 5.1 , never again
Rusty Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2013, 14:12   #3
ardo
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto
LOL is this a general consensus, as in 'WE sucks'?

What alternative would you recommend?

Thanks.
ardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2013, 14:23   #4
MMatersk
 
MMatersk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mississauga
Total opposite, had a full metal WE high-capa 5.1 government model had it to over a year solid gun
__________________
"Strength and Honour, Faith and Fury. In these four principles is Life defined and Victory achieved."


https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bad-K...8&ref=bookmark
MMatersk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2013, 14:34   #5
Rusty Lugnuts
Fainting Goat, Dictator of Quinte West
 
Rusty Lugnuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Cobourg Ontario
It's an accepted fact that WE pistols are hit and miss on reliability, I don't know anything about KJW hi Capa's - i went straight to the best TM
Rusty Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2013, 15:22   #6
p.phresh
 
p.phresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Winnipeg, MB
The WE Hi-Capa is their longest running design/variant. You'd think they'd have all the kinks worked out, however the WE Hi-Capa does employ a heavier slide, so gas consumption does increase, but all the internals of a WE Hi-Capa are 100% compatible with TM aftermarket parts, the KJW is less compatible, but is still able to use most parts.

I think if you're planning to run a Hi-Capa on CO2 you should pick a KJW version. They already come upgraded with the red loading nozzle designed for use with CO2. WE Hi-Capas were designed to run on propane and if you choose to run it on CO2 the nozzle will break from the added pressure CO2 delivers.
p.phresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2013, 15:52   #7
ardo
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto
Thanks, guys!

I kind of like the idea of a heavier slide, would make the recoil somewhat more realistic. However, I have no idea how to replace nozzles so I'd probably skip WE.

Just curious who in Canada might have KJW or TM in stock, or are these more like pre-order items?

Thanks again.
ardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2013, 18:12   #8
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer
 
ILLusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardo View Post
Just curious who in Canada might have KJW or TM in stock, or are these more like pre-order items?
Here:
http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=64753


For what it's worth, CO2 does not make a gun accurate. If the hop up system sucks, then pushing more power through it only makes the shot more inaccurate.

The Tokyo Marui hop up system is revered due to it's very accurate hop up design. It's why KJW and WE have copied their design. Out of the box, I've found both KJW and WE's have inferior hop up rubber which need to be upgraded to at least a Tokyo Marui OEM rubber, or to one of the many other aftermarket options available out there.

Having a good hop up @ 160psi will make your gun more accurate than jamming 800psi through a crappy hop up.

Also, as a side note, Tokyo Marui guns can not handle CO2 out of the box. Not sure why you'd want to use CO2 in ANY scenario if accuracy is your main goal, since the liquid to air phase change for those 12 gram CO2 powerlets will cause a much larger disparity in velocity consistencies than propane does...

Last edited by ILLusion; January 19th, 2013 at 02:54..
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2013, 18:41   #9
Styrak
 
Styrak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Send a message via MSN to Styrak
I had some brand new TM Hicapas instock but they are sold now. However I will be getting more instock.
__________________

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2013, 00:12   #10
13enz
 
13enz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mississauga, Ontario.
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.phresh View Post
The WE Hi-Capa is their longest running design/variant. You'd think they'd have all the kinks worked out, however the WE Hi-Capa does employ a heavier slide, so gas consumption does increase, but all the internals of a WE Hi-Capa are 100% compatible with TM aftermarket parts, the KJW is less compatible, but is still able to use most parts.

I think if you're planning to run a Hi-Capa on CO2 you should pick a KJW version. They already come upgraded with the red loading nozzle designed for use with CO2. WE Hi-Capas were designed to run on propane and if you choose to run it on CO2 the nozzle will break from the added pressure CO2 delivers.
LOL been there, done that! Didn't learn my lesson though, bought another WE hicapa and had nothing but problems. This time I stuck to propane but some how I ended up cracking the lower frame. I swear I only passed maybe 10-15 mags through the thing. There might be good batches I guess. However, I haven't had any luck with their pistols.
13enz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2013, 09:45   #11
ardo
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
For what it's worth, CO2 does not make a gun accurate. If the hop up system sucks, then pushing more power through it only makes the shot more inaccurate.

Not sure why you'd want to use CO2 in ANY scenario if accuracy is your main goal, since the liquid to air phase change for those 12 gram CO2 powerlets will cause a much larger disparity in velocity consistencies than propane does...
Thanks, I didn't know CO2 is less accurate than GG. I have no particular preference for CO2, other than the 'ease of use': I shoot 4-5 mags (about 60-65 shots) through my Tanfoglio Limited before I have to recharge. The thing is, Tanfo is my first AS, and I have no experience with anything else.
ardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2013, 16:42   #12
sammynac99
 
sammynac99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto
If your new to buying pistols, definitely look at kjw as a good first start, but as illusion said, these are TM clones. For myself, I started off with a kjw p226 that has been quite a workhorse and has taken quite a fair share of abuse ( friends dropping it in play, unrelentless hard semi firing for long strings and putting over 2000 rounds through it without an issue) however if you want something truly amazing you pay for what you get. I recently picked up a tokyo marui hi capa and the thing is a beast. Incredibly accurate with a extremely responsive trigger you can reach extremely high rates of fire with very capable accuracy. This pistol could be ideal to run with in a cqb game as you can have a reliable, fast and accurate pistol. I run it like this and double tapping players couldn't be easier, even at long range!
sammynac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2013, 18:57   #13
ardo
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammynac99 View Post
If your new to buying pistols, definitely look at kjw as a good first start, but as illusion said, these are TM clones. For myself, I started off with a kjw p226 that has been quite a workhorse and has taken quite a fair share of abuse ( friends dropping it in play, unrelentless hard semi firing for long strings and putting over 2000 rounds through it without an issue) however if you want something truly amazing you pay for what you get. I recently picked up a tokyo marui hi capa and the thing is a beast. Incredibly accurate with a extremely responsive trigger you can reach extremely high rates of fire with very capable accuracy. This pistol could be ideal to run with in a cqb game as you can have a reliable, fast and accurate pistol. I run it like this and double tapping players couldn't be easier, even at long range!
Was your TM accurate out of the box, or did you have to upgrade? Do you know the group size from, say, 6-7m?

I'm not into CQB, but I will be putting 2,000 rounds through the gun in about a month. I only use AS to practice for RS IPSC matches, and the Tanfo is close enough to my CZ SP-01 Shadow, it even fits the holster.

I thought I have time to shop around for a new AS, but looks like my Tanfo is either dead or dying: the slide no longer returns to battery after a shot.
ardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2013, 19:42   #14
FirestormX
 
FirestormX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardo View Post
I thought I have time to shop around for a new AS, but looks like my Tanfo is either dead or dying: the slide no longer returns to battery after a shot.
Not to get off topic, but are you able to force the slide into battery with your hand? It might be as simple as needing to clean/lube the slide rails.
FirestormX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2013, 10:16   #15
ardo
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirestormX View Post
It might be as simple as needing to clean/lube the slide rails.
I wish. Filed-stripped it this morning, the slide is cracked. Looks like it is made out of pot metal.

Maybe it is time to write a letter to Eric & tell him to endorse a product that's worthy of the World Champ?
ardo is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 00:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.