Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

airsoft nerf rocket launcher

:

General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old October 25th, 2012, 22:02   #1
monira25
 
monira25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: LASALLE,MONTREAL,QUEBEC
airsoft nerf rocket launcher

hi, by any chance does anyone know where to buy a nerf rocket launcher for airsoft game because I can't find any at Zellers, toys r us and Wal Mart.
monira25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2012, 22:08   #2
Slow
Loves Furries
 
Slow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Manitoba
Best answer....NO!
__________________

If ASC were real life, there would be no Chuck Norris, only CDN_Stalker

MANITOBA IVAN
Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2012, 22:12   #3
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum
 
AngelusNex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kingston,ON, aka Funkasia
Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
They don't sell any for of nerf launcher that would be acceptable in an airsoft game. For airsoft you'll need at least 50' rang out of a launcher to make it in any way usefull. None of the nerf toys can (without extreme modification) get rocket sized projectiles out to any real distance.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2012, 00:48   #4
HackD
 
HackD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Somewhere between Hamilton Ontario, and Hell..
The short answer - no, i don't know of where to pick up one of those - i looked in the past myself, and i didn't find anything - in hind-sight of an experiment, i'm glad that i didn't - it would have been a waste of money, with the range issue already mentioned.

What i did find, were similar rockets to the ones that the nerf launcher would use at the Dollarama. I picked up two to do an experiment. I shaved them down to the diameter of a M203 launcher, and used a paintball M203 shell as the launcher charge.

Results - 20 foot, maximum. Not worth the effort.
HackD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2012, 08:45   #5
Cpt- Lovegrove
 
Cpt- Lovegrove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: kingston ontario canada
i had an idea about making a potato gun desing to launch them, i will probly pick up the last of the parts i need on sunday, i will let you know what the rang is, and if i think it would be safe for use against a human target
Cpt- Lovegrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2012, 09:20   #6
dutchydoc
 
dutchydoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ottawa
Send a message via MSN to dutchydoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt- Lovegrove View Post
i had an idea about making a potato gun desing to launch them, i will probly pick up the last of the parts i need on sunday, i will let you know what the rang is, and if i think it would be safe for use against a human target
You need this...



I built a nerf "one man mortar" using the nerf-vortex football. Powered by propane and ignited by an electronic pulse igniter (modern BBQ style).

The range of an arced shot was about 150yds. Would be fine to use as a mortar, but much to overpowered to be a direct fire weapon. If you trust the person using one...it could be put to good use in a game.

This was what I came up with as a test unit.





Now....here is what a little more effort could get you; imagine a battery of these going at a game!
Airsoft howitzer big bore breach load
http://youtu.be/3yc3fAC5vOI
__________________
"Born on a mountain and raised in a cave, killing and fucking is all that I crave"...
dutchydoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2012, 16:15   #7
j_march
 
j_march's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Medicine Hat, alberta
Go onto ebay and buy the little nerf footballs, you can stick them in the m203's and power them with the good mad bull shells and they will go pretty far, im in the middle of doing this and trying to get better range, you can get the shells to use co2 from what i understand which can give you more power.
__________________
j_march is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2012, 16:20   #8
j_march
 
j_march's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Medicine Hat, alberta
just go on youtube and look up airsoft + nerd + m203 and you will find a few videos that show this.
__________________
j_march is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2012, 16:53   #9
ccyg8774
 
ccyg8774's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sackville, NB
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_march View Post
just go on youtube and look up airsoft + nerd + m203 and you will find a few videos that show this.
You mean nerf?
__________________
ccyg8774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2012, 17:00   #10
j_march
 
j_march's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Medicine Hat, alberta
yes NERF lol...........but some nerd prolly made it
__________________
j_march is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2012, 17:10   #11
COL.TIKER
 
COL.TIKER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mississauga
http://www.rap4.com/paintball/os/pan...rs-p-5521.html

claims to shoot nerf rockets to 300feet
__________________
COL.TIKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2012, 17:14   #12
Jimski
 
Jimski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
I believe Monira asked because we sometimes used a nerf launcher as a prop and special weapon in some skirmishes where the nerf launcher must be retrieved and then some target must be shot with it, which is hard precisely because it is weak, hence improving the fun factor of the scenario.
__________________
Jimski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2012, 18:33   #13
monira25
 
monira25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: LASALLE,MONTREAL,QUEBEC
Quote:
Originally Posted by HackD View Post
The short answer - no, i don't know of where to pick up one of those - i looked in the past myself, and i didn't find anything - in hind-sight of an experiment, i'm glad that i didn't - it would have been a waste of money, with the range issue already mentioned.

What i did find, were similar rockets to the ones that the nerf launcher would use at the Dollarama. I picked up two to do an experiment. I shaved them down to the diameter of a M203 launcher, and used a paintball M203 shell as the launcher charge.

Results - 20 foot, maximum. Not worth the effort.
alright maybe I will use my m203 launcher for antivehicule senario but where can I find the shell to put a nerf rocket?
monira25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2012, 18:34   #14
monira25
 
monira25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: LASALLE,MONTREAL,QUEBEC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimski View Post
I believe Monira asked because we sometimes used a nerf launcher as a prop and special weapon in some skirmishes where the nerf launcher must be retrieved and then some target must be shot with it, which is hard precisely because it is weak, hence improving the fun factor of the scenario.
yea last we play a senario to destroy a fortress and the host brought a nerf rocket launcher at action 500, it was pretty fun.
monira25 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 22:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.