Airsoft Canada
AirsoftParts.ca

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Problems with "Start Threads" and "Post Replies"

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old September 10th, 2012, 01:52   #1
Petseal
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Windsor Ontario
Problems with "Start Threads" and "Post Replies"

I have been having some troubles in the past few months with trying to Start Threads and/or Post Replies on some threads, not all. It is not doing it on every link just a good majority of them and ANY help would be very much appreciated!

I find this message at the bottom of the page...
Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Rules


But as soon as I hit the Post Reply button I get the following message...
vBulletin Message
Petseal, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
1) Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2) If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.


A resent example I found is a Thread titled "FS: Used ACM / Tercel M1911A1 GBB". I sent the person a PM ,in fact I sent two, but was unable to post a message on the page letting everyone know that I was interested in the gun.
Now, while trying to get this right and make it as clear as possible I went to the thread to copy some information and found that it has been SOLD!
I don't know if the seller did not get my messages or what but I am not in a happy mood right now!
So please correct whatever is causing this mishap so that I don't lose out on another purchase again.
Very displeased, "Petseal"
Petseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2012, 02:02   #2
R.I.T.Z
Crackers
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Barrie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petseal View Post
I have been having some troubles in the past few months with trying to Start Threads and/or Post Replies on some threads, not all. It is not doing it on every link just a good majority of them and ANY help would be very much appreciated!

I find this message at the bottom of the page...
Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Rules


But as soon as I hit the Post Reply button I get the following message...
vBulletin Message
Petseal, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
1) Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2) If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.


A resent example I found is a Thread titled "FS: Used ACM / Tercel M1911A1 GBB". I sent the person a PM ,in fact I sent two, but was unable to post a message on the page letting everyone know that I was interested in the gun.
Now, while trying to get this right and make it as clear as possible I went to the thread to copy some information and found that it has been SOLD!
I don't know if the seller did not get my messages or what but I am not in a happy mood right now!
So please correct whatever is causing this mishap so that I don't lose out on another purchase again.
Very displeased, "Petseal"
the only people able to post in "for sale" threads are the thread starters and admins
I.E.
I post a for sale thread, only mods and I can post in the thread, no other members
__________________
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here."
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2012, 02:14   #3
Drake
E-01
 
Drake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Montreal, QC
As RITZ stated, replying to ads in the classifieds is not allowed since it would result in an early bump (which is against the rules).

If you see a classified ad in the paper you're interested in do you take out an ad the next day to inform everyone you'll be phoning the guy? There's zero need to post in someone's sales thread: contact the seller via PM. If you want a confirmation your message was read use the confirmation option (the "Request a read receipt for this message" checkbox at the bottom of the page when you're writing a new PM).

Also remember the seller may have been in talks with someone else before you contacted him.

Lastly, why was this posted in the Airsoft Media section? Moving it to the newbie tank. (also displeased tsk tsk)
__________________
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2012, 15:30   #4
Petseal
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Windsor Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.T.Z View Post
the only people able to post in "for sale" threads are the thread starters and admins
I.E.
I post a for sale thread, only mods and I can post in the thread, no other members
Yeah that makes sense!
Problem I have is I am used to a couple other forums which allow posts on FS threads. Usually a post stating that you are interested in the piece/run (Replica Prop Forum for ex.) and that a PM is on the way.
It can get rather confusing going from one type of forum to another! Most forums I find use a similar system so it's the little rule differences that usually trip me up.
Just to illustrate how confusing it can be recently I have been finding a lot of airsoft guns for sale on the RPF!
One of these was for the Special Edition Maruzen Walther P99, with silencer, tactical light, rail adapter, 2 magazines, and a hard plastic case for $350! As a Bond fan I wanted it real bad but, as I thought, he was American and I didn't want to chance a border crossing.
So thanks for the info, it is appreciated!
Petseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2012, 15:43   #5
Petseal
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Windsor Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
As RITZ stated, replying to ads in the classifieds is not allowed since it would result in an early bump (which is against the rules).

If you see a classified ad in the paper you're interested in do you take out an ad the next day to inform everyone you'll be phoning the guy? There's zero need to post in someone's sales thread: contact the seller via PM. If you want a confirmation your message was read use the confirmation option (the "Request a read receipt for this message" checkbox at the bottom of the page when you're writing a new PM).

Also remember the seller may have been in talks with someone else before you contacted him.

Lastly, why was this posted in the Airsoft Media section? Moving it to the newbie tank. (also displeased tsk tsk)
Hello again!
To be totally honest I sent this question directly to a Staff member a few months ago and never received a reply. I would be pleased to tell you who this was but this site does not automatically keep a copy and I keep forgetting to check off the box. (I am sure you will be most pleased to tell poor little me how to set that up!)
As to where I posted the thread it was by pure chance! I had no idea were to put it, and I didn't want to send it to another Staff member and wait for an answer that may or may not arrive, so I just put it were I was! Sorry it displeased you but I finally got a response!
Petseal is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
AirsoftParts.ca

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 20:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.