Airsoft Canada
BuyAirsoft

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Got Pulled Over

:

General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old July 25th, 2005, 19:12   #16
Sgt.Hartman
 
Sgt.Hartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: St-bruno
Send a message via MSN to Sgt.Hartman
get the closest out and say fastest as you can: freeze! get down!! freeze!!! get down! and then full auto at is eye. that's the way we do here in guncity, qc, ca
we call this the "technical confusion"
__________________
FEAR BRING FOG!!!!!

Hell, I like you. You can come
over to my
house and fuck my sister.
-me in full metal jacket

-Da pe maorte-
Sgt.Hartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2005, 20:52   #17
tax
 
tax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Toronto
Send a message via ICQ to tax
Good lesson to be learnt. If you have any type of firearms in the vehicle you should tell the cops out of respect for them and for your safety. Here's my story from a while back:

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=14743
__________________
I play not to win, but for the entertainment value!
Stock is not an Option
Current Projects:
~TM Hi-Capa 5.1~ *Virgin 2014 project*
~TM Hi-Capa 5.1~ *completed 2007*
~TM m4 tax-special~ *completed May 2006*
~PSG-90~ *completed August 2006*
www.defcon-racing.com
www.carboxindustries.com
tax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2005, 21:03   #18
R.A.T.M._JLD
 
R.A.T.M._JLD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Prince George, BC
Send a message via MSN to R.A.T.M._JLD
I have a gun bag and where zip up is brocken and it dont zip up right. So I unloded my gear and missed it cuz I needed to clean my truck. Found $50 when I did.
R.A.T.M._JLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2005, 21:27   #19
BC_K
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
R.A.T.M., Noticed your not on the ASC Verified user's list, may I ask how old you are?

Psst, I'd reccommend getting a new gun bag right away. On that topic, (Sorry for the thread jack) Does anyone know any places in the Lower Mainland (BC) selling 28" gun bag's?

Back on topic. Lesson learned, Don't have Airsoft in your vehicle unless you must.
BC_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2005, 21:31   #20
firemachine69
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sudbury, On
http://www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca/info_for-r.../airguns_e.asp

Quote:
The simple possession, acquisition and use of these air guns for lawful purposes is regulated more by provincial and municipal laws and by-laws than by federal law. For example, some provinces may have set a minimum age for acquiring such an air gun. For more information, please contact your local or provincial authorities.

These air guns are exempt from the specific safe storage, transportation and handling requirements set out in the regulations supporting the Firearms Act. However, the Criminal Code requires that reasonable precautions be taken to use, carry, handle, store, transport, and shipped them in a safe and secure manner.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by [DI]DeathSniper
Fucking bullshit. I just checked my flyers and I didn't get no 'Cluepons'. Assholes :rrr:
firemachine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2005, 23:24   #21
tax
 
tax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Toronto
Send a message via ICQ to tax
firemachine69: Even though it's not required by law to safely store and transport your airsoft gun, is it worth it to have it taken away or to sit in the back of the cruiser and answer useless bullsh!t questions from the p0-p0?
__________________
I play not to win, but for the entertainment value!
Stock is not an Option
Current Projects:
~TM Hi-Capa 5.1~ *Virgin 2014 project*
~TM Hi-Capa 5.1~ *completed 2007*
~TM m4 tax-special~ *completed May 2006*
~PSG-90~ *completed August 2006*
www.defcon-racing.com
www.carboxindustries.com
tax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2005, 01:25   #22
firemachine69
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sudbury, On
There's a reason why that page is printed out and sitting neatly along side the gun case.

However, yea, keep it in your trunk. At least.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by [DI]DeathSniper
Fucking bullshit. I just checked my flyers and I didn't get no 'Cluepons'. Assholes :rrr:
firemachine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2005, 02:17   #23
redhawk_six
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Aldergrove, BC
Send a message via ICQ to redhawk_six Send a message via AIM to redhawk_six Send a message via MSN to redhawk_six
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Deeds
Quote:
Originally Posted by SF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shugart
If your worried. Before the officer says anything, be very frank and tell him exactly what you have in the car.

The officer would probably appreciate that, rather than discovering it himself.
Are you serious?? Every lawyer will advise the opposite for a reason. You want a confession, do it on Sunday.
Keep your guns in the trunk. Police are not allowed to search your trunk, without your permission or a warrant (they'll never get a warrant). The most they can do is detain you untill a K9 unit shows up to sniff out the car (hopefully you don't smoke pot in your car).

Or they can find some bullshit charge to lay on you.

Therefore don't say shit untill they start a search. Which will start inside the car, then they'll ask, "May I look in the trunk, sir?". This is your cue to say, "Yes sir, however blah blah blah airsoft blah blah blah." Personally I would call it a BB gun.

Volenteer NOTHING.......just my 2 cents.
Actually, you're wrong. The police may search your vehicle without premission or a warrent if there is probably cause, in other words, evidence that something illegal is in your trunk.

This "volenteer nothing" crap will lead to nothing but trouble. If they ask, for example "do you have anything in the trunk?", tell them, BEFORE they ask to or start a search. Taking that stance just makes things worse, as, if you really haven't done anything wrong, why should you be so sealed lips about it?
__________________
Redhawk Six
Guns are meant to go bang, not bling!
Just say no to chrome guns.

New members click HERE
redhawk_six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2005, 02:28   #24
Kevin32
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk_six
Taking that stance just makes things worse, as, if you really haven't done anything wrong, why should you be so sealed lips about it?
You might not consider it wrong, but they might.
Kevin32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2005, 10:48   #25
Dirty Deeds
 
Dirty Deeds's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Montreal
Send a message via MSN to Dirty Deeds Send a message via Yahoo to Dirty Deeds
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk_six
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Deeds
Quote:
Originally Posted by SF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shugart
If your worried. Before the officer says anything, be very frank and tell him exactly what you have in the car.

The officer would probably appreciate that, rather than discovering it himself.
Are you serious?? Every lawyer will advise the opposite for a reason. You want a confession, do it on Sunday.
Keep your guns in the trunk. Police are not allowed to search your trunk, without your permission or a warrant (they'll never get a warrant). The most they can do is detain you untill a K9 unit shows up to sniff out the car (hopefully you don't smoke pot in your car).

Or they can find some bullshit charge to lay on you.

Therefore don't say shit untill they start a search. Which will start inside the car, then they'll ask, "May I look in the trunk, sir?". This is your cue to say, "Yes sir, however blah blah blah airsoft blah blah blah." Personally I would call it a BB gun.

Volenteer NOTHING.......just my 2 cents.
Actually, you're wrong. The police may search your vehicle without premission or a warrent if there is probably cause, in other words, evidence that something illegal is in your trunk.

This "volenteer nothing" crap will lead to nothing but trouble. If they ask, for example "do you have anything in the trunk?", tell them, BEFORE they ask to or start a search. Taking that stance just makes things worse, as, if you really haven't done anything wrong, why should you be so sealed lips about it?
Did I mention probable cause? YES. However if they pull you over for just a spot check and there is no probable cause. Then they have no right to search your car or trunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Deeds
Keep your guns in the trunk.
This is much better than having what appears to be an assult rifle sitting on your back seat in plain view. You are asking for nothing but trouble doing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Deeds
Or they can find some bullshit charge to lay on you.
AKA Probable cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Deeds
This is your cue to say, "Yes sir, however blah blah blah airsoft blah blah blah." Personally I would call it a BB gun.
In other words, comply with their demands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Deeds
Volenteer NOTHING
ONLY answer the questions asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk_six
Actually, you're wrong. The police may search your vehicle without premission or a warrent if there is probably cause, in other words, evidence that something illegal is in your trunk.

This "volenteer nothing" crap will lead to nothing but trouble. If they ask, for example "do you have anything in the trunk?", tell them, BEFORE they ask to or start a search. Taking that stance just makes things worse, as, if you really haven't done anything wrong, why should you be so sealed lips about it?
Hopefully that was a little clearer? And "Actually" I was right. Next time I post I'll be somewhat more articulate.
__________________
Team Bad Karma(BK-09)
CAUTION: Evil Genius at Work

Those that wear the "Tin Foil Hat" stand on guard for thee. All others stand on guard for themselves.

Dirty Deeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2005, 11:14   #26
Blackthorne
A Total Bastard
 
Blackthorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Consecon, Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to Blackthorne
Roll The Dice

The bottom line here is the rules are "interpreted" differently by everyone who runs into them.

Regardless of how dilligent you are in storing and transporting you gear, the police officer you run into, his/her mood at the time, how your conduct makes them "feel" about you are what will determine the outcome.

All I can control is the way the guns are handled. So I do to the best of my ability. I made a decision when I started airsoft to treat the guns as "firearms".

They are stored AND travel with trigger locks in locked hardcases.
__________________
VINCITE OMNIMODO
Blackthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2005, 13:49   #27
NOOB
 
NOOB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Coquitlam,B.C. And Hong Kong
If you love your game, airsoft, buddy and yourself. Please follow the rule.

Keep OUR Airsoft low profile! As all of above mentioned.

So there is no more "what if the police....... " things and everything happy .

Simple logic, right
__________________
----------------------------------------------

My H3LL0 words <-- Click

NOOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2005, 14:12   #28
Digital_Assasin
 
Digital_Assasin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: OTTAWA.ON.CA
Has anyone else noticed that all of the "OMG DAS COPS JUST PULL ME OVER, BUT DIDN'T NOTICE MY GUNS LOSE IN DAS BACK OF MY RIDE YO!" type of incidents are caused by just plain stupid lack of responsibility by the owner.

Gees, keep them locked in a gun case in the trunk at least, if not with a trigger lock on them also.

NOT you back seat, NOT your front seat, NOT your glove box. YOUR TRUNK.

Yes they are "toys" but they are toys that look like real firearms and need to be treated as such. If ya can't get the through your head...

This type of lack responsibility and common sense only leads to bad press and image for the sport. Not to mention a nice bad mark on your record if the cops decided that you have a prohibited device or other charge.
Digital_Assasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2005, 16:35   #29
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith
 
CDN_Stalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ont.
Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemachine69
There's a reason why that page is printed out and sitting neatly along side the gun case.
Why? So the cops will become as confused as we are? Lol
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2005, 17:23   #30
made Man
 
made Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Vansterdam
Send a message via ICQ to made Man
as someone said already

"trigger lock this "
__________________
You dont choose who you love, love chooses you; and that little fucking son of a bitch sticks itself to your face like the godless bloodsucking bastards in Alien and refuses to let go until it has drained your soul and left you an empty shell of a human being.

I am worth $2,106,266.00 on HumanForSale.com



<axel026> i need help please
<^cell^> do you have an appointment?
<axel026> im french
<^cell^> i see... thats a terrible disorder
made Man is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
BuyAirsoft

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 20:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.