Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Help in starting airsoft

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old June 27th, 2012, 18:47   #16
Swag
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Calgary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly0679 View Post
Depends. I was at a game couple Saturdays back that held about 50 players and last night's skirmish had about 20 or so. The turn out generally seems to be good.

If you're wondering if this is a cost-worthy sport then I'd say it is. Plenty of people play, and there's quite a few games going on. I'd rather more games, but it's a unique sport that cannot be played everywhere so as a city boy I have to accept what's out there. However, it's not much different than skiing or snowboarding. Unless you're living in Whistler or something, the average person is skiing maybe twice a week during winter on the weekends only. If you really wanted to, I'm sure you could average roughly the same throughout the year with airsoft.

My question to you is: wtf are you waiting for?
My dad and I are going through it. The first time I did it in the States, I loved the rush. I just needed to know how many people play here because if you look at a couple of videos on YouTube about Jericho, there's a lot of players.

I was watching some videos from JOC, how many players even have pistols? I looked at the video and maybe a few had one.
Swag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 18:56   #17
lurkingknight
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ottawa
it's not absolutely necessary to have pistols, especially in outdoor play, but I consider it one of those better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it sort of deals.

I was caught twice in my first 4 games where either my aeg went down and left me without a gun 6 hours into a 24 hour milsim, and again when I was trying to reload an empty mag when a guy charged on my position in cover and full autoed me from 15 ft away. Had I a pistol I could have either been ready for him to come at my cover or kept him from advancing in the first place.

There's a ton of other gear to get long before you get a pistol though, so plan accordingly.
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 19:05   #18
Swag
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Calgary
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingknight View Post
it's not absolutely necessary to have pistols, especially in outdoor play, but I consider it one of those better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it sort of deals.

I was caught twice in my first 4 games where either my aeg went down and left me without a gun 6 hours into a 24 hour milsim, and again when I was trying to reload an empty mag when a guy charged on my position in cover and full autoed me from 15 ft away. Had I a pistol I could have either been ready for him to come at my cover or kept him from advancing in the first place.

There's a ton of other gear to get long before you get a pistol though, so plan accordingly.
Made me chuckle when I read that you had no gun 6 hrs in. Yea, I guess. I think I'll just go buy everything else first and then when I have more money, I'll buy a pistol. I'm only going to have 2 Hi-Caps (470 rds), is that enough?
Swag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 20:55   #19
Taxt
 
Taxt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swag View Post
I'm only going to have 2 Hi-Caps (470 rds), is that enough?
You want mid or lowcaps.
Highcaps rattle, need constant winding and suck in general.
Taxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 21:13   #20
Swag
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Calgary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxt View Post
You want mid or lowcaps.
Highcaps rattle, need constant winding and suck in general.
Are there any midcaps that fit on the G&G M14 EBR?
Swag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 21:21   #21
Taxt
 
Taxt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swag View Post
Are there any midcaps that fit on the G&G M14 EBR?
G&G and CA mags will fit.
Taxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 21:54   #22
Swag
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Calgary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxt View Post
G&G and CA mags will fit.
Ok thanks. How many do you think I should buy?
Swag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 22:29   #23
slink182
 
slink182's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kitchener, ON
Depends on how many a mag holds - say, enough mags to carry 300-500 rds.
- midcaps, 4-6 mags.
- lowcaps, 6-10 mags
- realcaps, as many to hit your target carry load
__________________
VFC SCAR-L - VFC SCAR SSR - KJW Hi-Capa 5.1 - CAW M79
The Three Sisters - WE G39 E/K/C
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Stalker stays where he is.
His BB's fly across the country to hit their target.
slink182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 22:33   #24
Swag
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Calgary
Quote:
Originally Posted by slink182 View Post
Depends on how many a mag holds - say, enough mags to carry 300-500 rds.
- midcaps, 4-6 mags.
- lowcaps, 6-10 mags
- realcaps, as many to hit your target carry load
I guess 6 because 80/mag and about 500 rds. Just the mags cost $200. Not including shipping. What did I get myself into. I hope it's as fun as when I first tried it.
Swag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 22:39   #25
Taxt
 
Taxt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swag View Post
I guess 6 because 80/mag and about 500 rds. Just the mags cost $200. Not including shipping. What did I get myself into. I hope it's as fun as when I first tried it.
$200 not including shipping? Sounds little too much. Shouldn't be that much.
Taxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 22:42   #26
Swag
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Calgary
When I checked Evike.com since I can't find it any Canadian retailers, it was around $30 a piece and it's in the States. I'm going home in 2 weeks and Evike's store is really close to my house, I think I might just pick it up then.
Swag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 22:52   #27
slink182
 
slink182's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kitchener, ON
Get AV'ed. All sorts of goodness in the classifieds, and they won't break the bank.

Also, avoid evike like they have syphilis. Better places to shop for stuff. Really.
__________________
VFC SCAR-L - VFC SCAR SSR - KJW Hi-Capa 5.1 - CAW M79
The Three Sisters - WE G39 E/K/C
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Stalker stays where he is.
His BB's fly across the country to hit their target.
slink182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 22:52   #28
Swag
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Calgary
Quote:
Originally Posted by slink182 View Post
Get AV'ed. All sorts of goodness in the classifieds, and they won't break the bank.

Also, avoid evike like they have syphilis. Better places to shop for stuff. Really.
Yea my dad's going to set up a meeting soon when he has time or after we come back.
Swag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 23:15   #29
BennyBoy
 
BennyBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto
Played with a 16 Yr old..seemed to have a good head on him...he can be my brother-in-"6mm"arms anytime

I drew my pistol a lot...must have when your magazines are real capped and the bolt must be locked back to reload....

Last edited by BennyBoy; June 27th, 2012 at 23:21..
BennyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 23:19   #30
Swag
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Calgary
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBoy View Post
Played with a 16 Yr old..seemed to have a good head on him...he can be my brother-in-"6mm"arms anytime
I hope I'll make the same impression on everyone else. I don't want to ruin people's day-off.
Swag is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.