Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

no sites use credit card payment ?

:

General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old April 21st, 2012, 17:42   #16
coach
aka coachster
 
coach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: T dot
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiu View Post
I've always just selected Paypal to charge me in the store's currency, and conversion is done through my CC company which is cheaper.
Bingo! I use both my CC and bank account and my bank account actually gives a better exchange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyissue View Post
I'll take your Money any way you want to get it to me.
Truth!

But if you visit this man in person, he does the heavy work for you. He slips the money out of your wallet so you don't have to lift a finger.

Damn, I just realized I need to visit for some supplies...

Last edited by coach; April 21st, 2012 at 17:45..
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2012, 17:51   #17
Blackthorne
A Total Bastard
 
Blackthorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Consecon, Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to Blackthorne
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1ghty View Post
Paypal is great until you have a problem with them... then you will hate them.

Credit cards normally do instant, and free currency conversion. If I bring my visa to NY, it will be straight up exchange rate. Paypal doesn't offer that, And like stated above, plays with exchange rates always in their favor.

I personally HATE paypal, but due to their market monopoly end up putting money in their pockets time and time again. I think Interact needs to step up the game and bankrupt these fuckers.
Agreed. They says they have a fair process but it's anything but.

INTERAC is moving in the right direction but the hoops you have to jump through with regarding branding and how the cart functions are a PITA and I think it's slowing adoption.

The Royal Canadian Mint is working on a new digital currency where micropayments as little as 1 cent will be possible, with little in the way of service charges. Digital cash if you will. I hope PayPal fucking chokes on it.
__________________
VINCITE OMNIMODO
Blackthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2012, 17:54   #18
jordan7831
will always be Mike Litoris in our hearts
 
jordan7831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: North York - Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackthorne View Post
I hope PayPal fucking chokes on it.
Smartest comment I have read all day.
jordan7831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2012, 18:42   #19
venture
 
venture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Halifax
Canadian digital currency. I hope it flies. Great idea
__________________

Visit us at :www.ventureairsoft.ca
venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2012, 18:59   #20
R1ghty
 
R1ghty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Kitchener, ON
Canadian digital currency sounds like something out of a low budget sci-fi.

I think that Interact needs to do two things...
1) Hard Advertising, online and television. The 1/20 scale dump truck isn't doing it. They need to make some ads that show they are an option vs paypal.
2) Buy/partner with a large software company. They definatly have the IT infrastructure, its just a matter of making an easy to add environment that current paypal users can switch to. Adhere to standards and be creative with the API and they'd be good to go.



My uneducated $0.02.
R1ghty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2012, 19:05   #21
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants
 
Armyissue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Port Credit
Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
Naming your Money C.D.C. cannot be good for the economy.
Call it CAD..nope then everyone will want it.
Armyissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2012, 19:07   #22
R1ghty
 
R1ghty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Kitchener, ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyissue View Post
Naming your Money C.D.C. cannot be good for the economy.
Call it CAD..nope then everyone will want it.
DCAD?

Digital Canadian Dollar?
R1ghty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2012, 09:34   #23
Blackthorne
A Total Bastard
 
Blackthorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Consecon, Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to Blackthorne
It's called "MintChip"
__________________
VINCITE OMNIMODO
Blackthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2012, 13:49   #24
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants
 
Armyissue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Port Credit
Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1ghty View Post
DCAD?

Digital Canadian Dollar?
That's "Dickhead" in Quebecois

Mint Chips?


If they go that way they should leave it alone and let the Canadians name it the same way we named the Loonie, The Raptors & SkyDome.
Armyissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2012, 12:23   #25
Grizzly0679
 
Grizzly0679's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal
I noticed the same thing. That is, a lot of sites didn't allow CC's. The posters in this thread are right though, you can set up a paypal account with your credit card (or chequing account). I was lucky enough to find a retailer that took credit cards for my rifle, but for 90% of the rest of my gear, I went ahead and made a pay pal account. After setting it up, I'm happy I did because as you noticed a lot of places require it
__________________
Quote:
Here we are again bro -just you and me. Same kind of moon same kind of jungle. Real number 10 remember? Whole platoon, 32 men chopped into meat... We walk out just you and me, nobody else. Right on top huh? Not a scratch... Not a fuckin' scratch... - Sgt.Mac, Predator
Grizzly0679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2012, 12:34   #26
Dustin_d
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Narol, MB
Send a message via MSN to Dustin_d
Yeah i just hooked up my chequing account to my paypal.
just need a pay cheque now :P
Dustin_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2012, 12:35   #27
lurkingknight
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ottawa
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1ghty View Post
Credit cards normally do instant, and free currency conversion. If I bring my visa to NY, it will be straight up exchange rate. Paypal doesn't offer that, And like stated above, plays with exchange rates always in their favor.
This is wrong. They do not do free conversion. They chose a conversion rate that includes their conversion fee, just like any other currency exchange market.

You might see the rate at XE.com, that's the base rate. Every financial institution and lender will take that rate and add their fee to it. This is why when you travel abroad you can actually shop around to convert your cash from banks and exchange offices. It's all a business.
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2012, 12:38   #28
Grizzly0679
 
Grizzly0679's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin_d View Post
Yeah i just hooked up my chequing account to my paypal.
just need a pay cheque now :P
Well if you get AV'd I know a good site that accepts CCs. If I'm allowed to do that, send me a PM. If I'm not (I don't see why not after he's been AV'd) then someone please let me know.
__________________
Quote:
Here we are again bro -just you and me. Same kind of moon same kind of jungle. Real number 10 remember? Whole platoon, 32 men chopped into meat... We walk out just you and me, nobody else. Right on top huh? Not a scratch... Not a fuckin' scratch... - Sgt.Mac, Predator
Grizzly0679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2012, 12:39   #29
Styrak
 
Styrak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly0679 View Post
I noticed the same thing. That is, a lot of sites didn't allow CC's. The posters in this thread are right though, you can set up a paypal account with your credit card (or chequing account). I was lucky enough to find a retailer that took credit cards for my rifle, but for 90% of the rest of my gear, I went ahead and made a pay pal account. After setting it up, I'm happy I did because as you noticed a lot of places require it
You don't even need to have a Paypal account to use a credit card through Paypal.
__________________

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2012, 12:42   #30
Dustin_d
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Narol, MB
Send a message via MSN to Dustin_d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly0679 View Post
Well if you get AV'd I know a good site that accepts CCs. If I'm allowed to do that, send me a PM. If I'm not (I don't see why not after he's been AV'd) then someone please let me know.

I was AV'd yesterday by Dutch13 here in winnipeg .. but it might take a few days - weeks before it shows up on here and i get access to the av'd stuff

might just see what i can all get local its easier :P
Dustin_d is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 21:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.