Airsoft Canada
BuyAirsoft

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Finding Games/Groups??? (Toronto)

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old April 11th, 2012, 13:45   #1
JamesAllan
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Richmond Hill, ON
Red face Finding Games/Groups??? (Toronto)

Hello everybody,

I am brand new to Airsoft, but have been a semi-regular paintball player for some time. I just bought a G&G mp5 a4, and I'm quite happy with it. In the near future I'll be looking for a side arm, and a red-dot scope and tac-light for my mp5.
I am in the Toronto area (living in Richmond Hill, York Region) and am looking for some games or groups that don't mind taking on players undergoing the daunting airsoft learning curve. I feel like I'll pick up the tactics and the etiquette quite quickly, it'll just be a matter of learning my equipment and becoming comfortable in a slightly different environment. I am VERY excited for my first airsoft game, but I also wonder if my ONE hi-cap (200rd) mag will be good enough for my first game, or if it's necessary to purchase a second mag first; I figured I'd just load up my speedloader and stick that in a pouch.
Any help is greatly appreciated! One of the things that drew me towards airsoft was the quality of people in the airsoft crowd - you all seem pretty friendly and helpful so far!
JamesAllan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 13:50   #2
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D
 
Brian McIlmoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto
Check here for local games http://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68es..

when you go for your first game.. let the host / organizer know you are new and would appreciate buddying up with a vet player.

they will take care of you.. welcome!
__________________
Brian McIlmoyle
TTAC3 Director
CAPS Range Officer
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 13:53   #3
Deadpool
 
Deadpool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Trois-Rivières
Spoonfeeding time

Open wide

Ontario games Thread

Ontario Teams thread

__________________

Vérificateur d'age Mauricie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
So you're saying we cannot engage in a hobby once we are older?

Children these days.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 16:05   #4
kalnaren
 
kalnaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAllan View Post
Hello everybody,

I am brand new to Airsoft, but have been a semi-regular paintball player for some time. I just bought a G&G mp5 a4, and I'm quite happy with it. In the near future I'll be looking for a side arm, and a red-dot scope and tac-light for my mp5.
I am in the Toronto area (living in Richmond Hill, York Region) and am looking for some games or groups that don't mind taking on players undergoing the daunting airsoft learning curve. I feel like I'll pick up the tactics and the etiquette quite quickly, it'll just be a matter of learning my equipment and becoming comfortable in a slightly different environment. I am VERY excited for my first airsoft game, but I also wonder if my ONE hi-cap (200rd) mag will be good enough for my first game, or if it's necessary to purchase a second mag first; I figured I'd just load up my speedloader and stick that in a pouch.
Any help is greatly appreciated! One of the things that drew me towards airsoft was the quality of people in the airsoft crowd - you all seem pretty friendly and helpful so far!
There's really not much of a learning curve. Two or three games and you'll know all the basics you'll need. Applying them well is what takes time, and you'll only learn that with practice.
__________________

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 16:37   #5
Killyin
 
Killyin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
If you've played woodsball then you're pretty much prepared for airsoft...just collect gear and make friends.
Killyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 16:58   #6
Ozone06
 
Ozone06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mississauga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killyin View Post
If you've played woodsball then you're pretty much prepared for airsoft...just collect gear and make friends.
+1

Listen more and talk less is always a good motto
__________________
“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.”
George Orwell
To those Rough men... Thank You.
Ozone06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 17:11   #7
Curo
Cobalt Caliber
 
Curo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bowmanville Ont
Get the tac lite first, and get a real taclite, surefire are the best. ACM or clone lights are no where near as bright or worth the money as a real light.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirestormX View Post
I know that isn't really what you asked, but it's the internet, and I like to type things that don't matter.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 18:17   #8
GSK88
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: T-dot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt Caliber View Post
Get the tac lite first, and get a real taclite, surefire are the best. ACM or clone lights are no where near as bright or worth the money as a real light.

Considering a real MP5 tac light from Surefire is gonna be $250 + I'd say he's probably better off replacing the hi-cap mag with some mid caps and finding a way of carrying them...
GSK88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 19:20   #9
Curo
Cobalt Caliber
 
Curo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bowmanville Ont
There are other options, but admit it, real lights are brighter, more durable and if you have rails (which you can get for an MP5) not much more expensive than crappy clone lights.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirestormX View Post
I know that isn't really what you asked, but it's the internet, and I like to type things that don't matter.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 19:37   #10
FoxhoundNB
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fredericton NB
The real lights may be a little brighter, but in my experience, I'd much rather have a cheap (~60$) Tac light that's more than bright enough, has a strobe feature, and I won't cry if it gets smashed against a doorway or hit by a BB. Despite the cost, the "real steel" ones just as easy to lose, and even more likely to sprout legs and walk off. There's plenty of "good enough" replica tac lights out there.
FoxhoundNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 23:45   #11
GSK88
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: T-dot
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxhoundNB View Post
The real lights may be a little brighter, but in my experience, I'd much rather have a cheap (~60$) Tac light that's more than bright enough, has a strobe feature, and I won't cry if it gets smashed against a doorway or hit by a BB. Despite the cost, the "real steel" ones just as easy to lose, and even more likely to sprout legs and walk off. There's plenty of "good enough" replica tac lights out there.
Although I do agree with you on ACM lights being more worry free and "good enough" for airsoft, both of my Surefires are waterproof and have taken MUCH more abuse than any of my "China" lights could take. (For Cobalt Caliber - Both of my RS lights are about half as bright as my ACM ones)

Plus, figure $60-100~ for a decent China light, $50~ more will get you a used older gen. Surefire light.


But back on topic, OP get yourself mags and a rig/batteries first. THEN the toys...there's always time for more gadgets later.
GSK88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 23:49   #12
Deadpool
 
Deadpool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Trois-Rivières
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSK88 View Post
Although I do agree with you on ACM lights being more worry free and "good enough" for airsoft, both of my Surefires are waterproof and have taken MUCH more abuse than any of my "China" lights could take. (For Cobalt Caliber - Both of my RS lights are about half as bright as my ACM ones)

Plus, figure $60-100~ for a decent China light, $50~ more will get you a used older gen. Surefire light.


But back on topic, OP get yourself mags and a rig/batteries first. THEN the toys...there's always time for more gadgets later.
If you pay 60 to 100$ for a chinese light...You're shopping in the wrong places!

And I've had some of my chinese lights go through hell and high water, like a full cycle in the washer AND dryer, behind forgotten in a snow bank and being dropped 2 stories and kept on being as bright as day and those were just 25-30$ chinese cree led lights.
__________________

Vérificateur d'age Mauricie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
So you're saying we cannot engage in a hobby once we are older?

Children these days.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2012, 11:16   #13
Killyin
 
Killyin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt Caliber View Post
There are other options, but admit it, real lights are brighter, more durable and if you have rails (which you can get for an MP5) not much more expensive than crappy clone lights.
Sure, they're brighter etc etc....but I'd rather pay the $75 for a Surefire M900V replica than the $600 a retailer wants for an authentic one. I'm not using it on a real weapon and its purpose is almost purely cosmetic on an airsoft gun unless you're playing in the dark. Even then it does its job fairly well.
Killyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2012, 11:43   #14
augherk
 
augherk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mississauga
I've bought a tasco red dot for $50 at Le Baron, and a $20 "walther" red dot scope from DealExtreme, and I have to say that the china one, surprisingly, performed much better, and had both red and green dots. If you're low on cash, and can stand to wait for them to come in from overseas, sites like DealExtreme can be great for starting your accessory collection.
augherk is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
BuyAirsoft

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.