Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Purchasing My First "Good" Gun

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old April 1st, 2012, 17:36   #1
Necrophilia
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Purchasing My First "Good" Gun

What's up guys. Just joined the forum today, and I have a question.
To begin, I've only recently started getting really into airsoft (I've played a lot in the past). I used to (and still do) organize small games with my friends in a local field where we wouldn't get much attention (as I understand that airsoft in general is looked down upon by many). We mostly just run cheap guns that are good enough to hit each other with.
Eventually, it would be nice to find experienced people around my area to engage in the sport with, but for now, finding the right gun and playing with my friends is just fine.
On to my question. Basically, I turned 18 on Friday, and as a result, I have received a numerous amount of money, therefore increasing my budget. Basically, I'm looking for a new gun. I hear that AEGs are good guns to start out with. Can anyone suggest any intermediate to experienced level airsoft guns for me to buy? I want this one to last me awhile, unlike all the cheap guns I've gone through. Any suggestions and links (youtube videos, reviews, pictures, etc.) would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for the help!
Also, any newbie tips would also be appreciated.
Necrophilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 17:49   #2
PrIeSt
takagari
 
PrIeSt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Anola(ish) MB
Send a message via MSN to PrIeSt Send a message via Skype™ to PrIeSt
You won't get much help outside the age verified section.
There are a number of threads posted like this weekly. Just scroll down the page
PrIeSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 17:52   #3
winterrises
 
winterrises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Calgary, Alberta
from the forums it sounds like the KA m4 has the best price for its quality also since its a basic m4. you can customise it to whatever you want it to be. M4/M16 are basically everywhere and hence isnt hard to find parts. If you have more questions about it just PM me.
winterrises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 18:15   #4
mrfister
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
well my latest m4 is from Tundra Arms with a pnumatic blowback, i got it for $499.00 taxes in right now. got great internal externals. after i got it i ordered their M14 GBB but its getting harder to hide this from the wife..lol

Tundra Arms M4 Blowback AEG - YouTube
__________________
"and he lay with her in an unnatural way"
Herodotus
mrfister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 18:22   #5
Boyso
a.k.a. LastSpartan
 
Boyso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Québec city
Send a message via MSN to Boyso
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfister View Post
well my latest m4 is from Tundra Arms with a pnumatic blowback, i got it for $499.00 taxes in right now. got great internal externals. after i got it i ordered their M14 GBB but its getting harder to hide this from the wife..lol

Tundra Arms M4 Blowback AEG - YouTube
You know that it's probably just a disguised G&G right?

And you paid too much for it.
__________________
NEW BACON FOR SALE!

"WHEN I DIE
BURY ME
UPSIDE DOWN
SO THE WORLD
CAN KISS MY ASS"
-Platoon

Boyso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 18:37   #6
mrfister
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
oh ya ... just not the max price. i will buy another for sure
__________________
"and he lay with her in an unnatural way"
Herodotus
mrfister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 18:39   #7
mrfister
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyso View Post
You know that it's probably just a disguised G&G right?

And you paid too much for it.
and paying too much is your opinion. i am not into upgrading guns or taking them back for repairs like some of the "best bang for the buck" deals. its well worth the money. in my opinion
__________________
"and he lay with her in an unnatural way"
Herodotus
mrfister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 18:42   #8
SuperCriollo
 
SuperCriollo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Misssissssuassuaguaggauga
Second time you post that video advertising those rebrands, kinda smells like spaming to me.
__________________

SuperCriollo
SuperCriollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 18:45   #9
mrfister
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCriollo View Post
Second time you post that video advertising those rebrands, kinda smells like spaming to me.
not spam... he asked and i love the gun... dont buy one if you dont like. if is is a G&G OEM then even better. so u dont like the smell? blow your nose
__________________
"and he lay with her in an unnatural way"
Herodotus
mrfister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 01:36   #10
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy
 
Kozzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
The best advice I can Give you is to first decide what kind of gun you want... G36, M4, M16, AK, MP5, Sig..... IMO AEG's are better for the beginner. We can't tell you what gun is the best for you only you can decide that. Find a gun that fits your body, feels comfortable to you, suits your style of play and that you like. Keep in mind things like where the battery is going to go, is it going to be a tiny battery are you going to need a few to get you through a day of gaming. Mag availability and can you get pouches for those mags. Do you want to put an optic on it, can you put an optic on it. Do you want to be a rifleman, a DMR, a support gunner, a CQB specialist. If you're not sure of the role you want to play I would recommend a rifleman, this is the most versatile role you can play. Rifleman will generally carry full length or carbine length assault rifles.

Once you decide on the type of gun you want then do some research on the different brands that make that particular model of gun. Try to stay away from brands with proprietary parts such as pneumatic blowback units and unique hop-ups etc. IMO AEG's with blowback are very unsatisfying and only serve to make unnecessary noise and have extra moving parts that can break. If you want blowback get gas. If you do get a gun with proprietary parts make sure replacements are easy to get (KWA). Look for something with "Marui compatible" or "Marui spec" parts, these are non-proprietary parts they are the common standard and are readily available.

Edit** The AR (M4 M16) is the most common platform out there. If this thread goes the way I think it's going to go you'll probably want an M4 in which case everyone will tell you to get a King Arms M4A1, great value for the money. I would say that everyone and their grandmother has an M4... you don't want to use a gun for grandmothers do you?... all the "cool kids" are being different and rocking AK's. Get yourself a Real Sword Type 56-2.

Last edited by Kozzie; April 2nd, 2012 at 01:59..
Kozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 01:45   #11
wildcard
 
wildcard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In my man cave
Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozzie View Post
The best advice I can Give you is to first decide what kind of gun you want... G36, M4, M16, AK, MP5, Sig..... IMO AEG's are better for the beginner. We can't tell you what gun is the best for you only you can decide that. Find a gun that fits your body, feels comfortable to you, suits your style of play and that you like. Keep in mind things like where the battery is going to go, is it going to be a tiny battery are you going to need a few to get you through a day of gaming. Mag availability and can you get pouches for those mags. Do you want to put an optic on it, can you put an optic on it. Do you want to be a rifleman, a DMR, a support gunner, a CQB specialist. If you're not sure of the role you want to play I would recommend a rifleman, this is the most versatile role you can play. Rifleman will generally carry full length or carbine length assault rifles.

Once you decide on the type of gun you want then do some research on the different brands that make that particular model of gun. Try to stay away from brands with proprietary parts such as pneumatic blowback units unique hop-ups. IMO AEG's with blowback are very unsatisfying and only serve to make unnecessary noise and have extra moving parts that can break. If you want blowback get gas. If you do get a gun with proprietary parts make sure replacements are easy to get (KWA). Look for something with "Mauri compatible" or "Mauri spec" parts, these are non-proprietary parts they are the common standard and are readily available.
just in case the op cant find anything on "mauri" it's because it's spelled wrong, the right spelling will be Marui - original manufacturer of electric airsoft gun from Japan
__________________
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 01:51   #12
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy
 
Kozzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard View Post
just in case the op cant find anything on "mauri" it's because it's spelled wrong, the right spelling will be Marui - original manufacturer of electric airsoft gun from Japan
Ah yes... good catch. I fix.
Kozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 01:58   #13
Curo
Cobalt Caliber
 
Curo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bowmanville Ont
Stay away from EBB (electric blow backs) IMO they drain more battery power and he blow back is meh. Not mention extra strain on both internals and externals.

Leave the blow back to the Gas guns.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirestormX View Post
I know that isn't really what you asked, but it's the internet, and I like to type things that don't matter.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 20:45   #14
microgab
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Sorry, didnt mean to steal your thread, but about the electric blowback...is every ones opinion on it the same? I mean, I think it looks and sounds nicer but if its damaging the internals why would they make it? Does it suck in any brand?
microgab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 20:48   #15
scottyfox
 
scottyfox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ottawa
Quote:
Originally Posted by microgab View Post
Sorry, didnt mean to steal your thread, but about the electric blowback...is every ones opinion on it the same? I mean, I think it looks and sounds nicer but if its damaging the internals why would they make it? Does it suck in any brand?
No, Tokyo Marui recoil shock is well worth it. Most people's apprehensions apply to G&G, KA etc.
__________________
Views are my own.

scottyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 14:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.