Airsoft Canada
BuyAirsoft

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

receiver's smoked or non

:

General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old March 21st, 2012, 11:52   #1
sgt.oo7
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ontario Canada
receiver's smoked or non

just wondering were i could find the legal form on the receiver,s being smoke cleared or full metal? just have a hard time navigating the forms on asc and wondering were to look
__________________

WE colt 1911 ICS sig 552 Real sword type 56-2 Kalashnikov AK47 AIMS WELL vsr 10
sgt.oo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2012, 17:30   #2
Manaconda
Official ASC Inker
 
Manaconda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Toronto On
Send a message via MSN to Manaconda
Well since I gave up about 3 weeks ago now I think I would go for non smoking.
__________________

In Toronto and want a rad tattoo? PM me
Manaconda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2012, 19:39   #3
surebet
Vicious MSPaint Wizard
 
surebet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Longueuil, Quebec
Receiver colour, or smoking habits, has no impact on legality. If you have small children in the house you might opt for non smoking to avoid having a bad role model around them.
__________________
Annoyingly good with numbers

Stop American Censorship
surebet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2012, 19:56   #4
apparition
 
apparition's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary
uh what? legal form....?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
You have a wife that admits defeat when you provide her with proof?

Congratulations; you have already won the contest!
apparition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2012, 20:01   #5
JLiang
 
JLiang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Waterloo, ON
Send a message via Skype™ to JLiang
I will assume, ignoring previous comments, that you mean to ask about the legalities of smoked and non-smoked receivers.

If I've missed your sarcasm or something, tell me; I'm not too good with this 'Interwebs Sarcasms' that you speak of.

Basically, the receiver's colour has no impact on legalities on owning a gun here and now.
Transparency is one of the regulations stated by the CBSA and by importation legislation that allows free importation of guns (Well, free-er, not completely unregulated) into Canada, because of the fact that no modern firearm has a clear receiver, nor do they want to.

Inherently, then, for the realism of the sport of Airsoft, you want a full-black receiver, or something that looks politically and realistically accurate. As long as you don't try to get these said full black receivers from other, Foreign countries, you are fine with owning them here in Canada. OWNING. NOT IMPORTING. VEEEERY IMPORTANT.

Please please PLEASE do NOT import full-black guns, or, for that matter, ANY guns from America or ANYWHERE THAT IS NOT CANADA.

Owning full-black, no problem. Importing, not so much.


Again, if I missed some portion of an inside joke or sarcasm/humour/otherweirdthingthatyou'regoingtolaughatmefor, please feel free to laugh at me for a period of time.
__________________
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
JLiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2012, 20:01   #6
Curo
Cobalt Caliber
 
Curo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bowmanville Ont
The 'canadian legal' tinted lower crap? Don't buy into Bullshit.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirestormX View Post
I know that isn't really what you asked, but it's the internet, and I like to type things that don't matter.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2012, 20:08   #7
JLiang
 
JLiang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Waterloo, ON
Send a message via Skype™ to JLiang
Oh, is that what you meant?!

Unless your gun is designed to be completely plastic, the general rule of thumb is to not by tinted lowers.

Actually, scratch that. EVEN IF your gun is meant to be fully plastic, STILL don't buy clear/tinted guns.

I know I'm guilty of that with my Cansoft FAMAS, so I really aren't one to talk, but learn from my mistake!
__________________
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
JLiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2012, 22:13   #8
Curo
Cobalt Caliber
 
Curo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bowmanville Ont
Yea people where importing below 407fps with tinted lowers (cause the CBSA turned a blind eye to the lowers (where the serial number is)) but people sold it as legal (trying to push it as the only alternative to full metal guns, apparently they aren't allowed BS))when full metal guns where never illegal.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirestormX View Post
I know that isn't really what you asked, but it's the internet, and I like to type things that don't matter.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2012, 19:08   #9
e-luder
 
e-luder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Centre Mass
this may be a newb question, but is it illegal to sell these opaque guns from owner to owner?
e-luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2012, 19:12   #10
Styrak
 
Styrak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Send a message via MSN to Styrak
No. Completely fine.
__________________

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2012, 19:34   #11
JLiang
 
JLiang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Waterloo, ON
Send a message via Skype™ to JLiang
Yes. As long as you use and transport them responsibly, there is no legislation against trading (buy/sell for money) these things in Canada. The only illegal part is importing them. As soon as they are in your Canadian Hands, you can do whatever the f**k you want with them.
__________________
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
JLiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2012, 20:52   #12
L473ncy
 
L473ncy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 11-30-24-1W5
As the law is written it's illegal to transfer ownership of a replica period, no if's and's or but's. However unregulated firearms (eg. pellet guns) are OK to transfer ownership.
__________________
ಠ_ಠLess QQ more Pew Pew
READY TO >> RACE
L473ncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2012, 01:26   #13
Styrak
 
Styrak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
As the law is written it's illegal to transfer ownership of a replica period, no if's and's or but's. However unregulated firearms (eg. pellet guns) are OK to transfer ownership.
But really, in reality no one gives a shit. Not even the RCMP.
Unless you're using them in a crime, like robbing a store.
__________________

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 18:48   #14
Grizzly0679
 
Grizzly0679's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal
The law is actually very simple and can be broken down into 4 categories. The clear plastic does have an impact on legality, but emphasis is placed on FPS.

1. Clear Plastic. These are viewed as toys and are perfectly legal to own and acquire(buy).

2. Replicas. Replicas fire under 366 FPS, and look real(i.e. not clear plastic). This is where some of the confusion is. You can legally possess one of these guns, but you cannot acquire one.

3. Replicas that fire above 366 FPS but under 500FPS. This is what you want in terms of a legal, metal/smoked receiver airsoft gun. They are considered "firearms" but since they do not fire above 500 FPS you do not have to register them with the RCMP.

4. Weapons that fire above 500FPS. Deadly stuff. Gotta register with the RCMP. Not airsoft material.

You're probably asking, "but the fields require a FPS setting of 350 or lower so how does this make my gun legal?"

The key here is that you "acquired" your rifle at the above 366 and below 500FPS stipulation. What you do with it after you own it is your responsibility.

And that's it. Simple really, just order anything that's a) not being imported; b) fires above 366 and below the 500FPS range.

hope this helps
__________________
Quote:
Here we are again bro -just you and me. Same kind of moon same kind of jungle. Real number 10 remember? Whole platoon, 32 men chopped into meat... We walk out just you and me, nobody else. Right on top huh? Not a scratch... Not a fuckin' scratch... - Sgt.Mac, Predator
Grizzly0679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 18:54   #15
ShelledPants
 
ShelledPants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto, On
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly0679 View Post
The law is actually very simple and can be broken down into 4 categories. The clear plastic does have an impact on legality, but emphasis is placed on FPS.

1. Clear Plastic. These are viewed as toys and are perfectly legal to own and acquire(buy).

2. Replicas. Replicas fire under 366 FPS, and look real(i.e. not clear plastic). This is where some of the confusion is. You can legally possess one of these guns, but you cannot acquire one.

3. Replicas that fire above 366 FPS but under 500FPS. This is what you want in terms of a legal, metal/smoked receiver airsoft gun. They are considered "firearms" but since they do not fire above 500 FPS you do not have to register them with the RCMP.

4. Weapons that fire above 500FPS. Deadly stuff. Gotta register with the RCMP. Not airsoft material.

You're probably asking, "but the fields require a FPS setting of 350 or lower so how does this make my gun legal?"

The key here is that you "acquired" your rifle at the above 366 and below 500FPS stipulation. What you do with it after you own it is your responsibility.

And that's it. Simple really, just order anything that's a) not being imported; b) fires above 366 and below the 500FPS range.

hope this helps


Where the hell did you get the 500FPS specifically?

I think KenC has posted it best:

__________________


r skal rsa, s er annars vill
f ea fjr hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi lfur
lr um getur n sofandi maur sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
BuyAirsoft

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.