Airsoft Canada
007 Licence to Shoot

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

G&G M16 takedown

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old February 15th, 2012, 14:18   #1
johjoh
 
johjoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ottawa
Send a message via MSN to johjoh
G&G M16 takedown

Hey, I've reasearched a bit, but i'm not sure if its G&G specific, I can't seem to find out how to remove the Selector switch to take off my lower receiver, everything else is already off (body pins, upper, grip, stock, mag catch, but I can 't figure out the rest...

Any help? thanks

Jocelyn
johjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2012, 14:39   #2
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol
 
Gunny_McSmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: MTL
Have you removed the pin holding the gearbox?

PS: on an aeg AR variant, you cant remove the selector unless the gearbox is out!
__________________


Quote:
"A workout isn't easy, but neither is being fat, make the right choice"
Gunny_McSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2012, 15:24   #3
tigerland
 
tigerland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ottawa
Pull the charging handle back when you slide the receivers apart
tigerland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2012, 15:48   #4
johjoh
 
johjoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ottawa
Send a message via MSN to johjoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerland View Post
Pull the charging handle back when you slide the receivers apart
I've already pulled out the upper receiver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny_McSmith View Post
Have you removed the pin holding the gearbox?

PS: on an aeg AR variant, you cant remove the selector unless the gearbox is out!
Are you referring to the rear body pin? It's removed, only thing I could potentially see holding in my gearbox is a Tine pin juste above the trigger, and the slector switch witch I am talking about.

EDIT: I'll post up a pic when I come back from my evening shift
johjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2012, 16:08   #5
THe_Silencer
 
THe_Silencer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hamilton,ON
There are 2pins holding the gearbox to the lower, one large one to the rear and a small one above the trigger. Pop those out, remove the pistol grip and buffer tube and you're good to go. Refer to Youtube for tutorial vids.
__________________

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle
-Founder of Steel City Hamilton Infantry and Tactics
-Certified level 43 Autosniper by Commander Amos
THe_Silencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2012, 17:28   #6
tigerland
 
tigerland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ottawa
Joce if your near kanata swing by and I'll see if I can help
tigerland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2012, 19:27   #7
MaciekA
 
MaciekA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Portland, Oregon, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by johjoh View Post
I've already pulled out the upper receiver.



Are you referring to the rear body pin? It's removed, only thing I could potentially see holding in my gearbox is a Tine pin juste above the trigger, and the slector switch witch I am talking about.

EDIT: I'll post up a pic when I come back from my evening shift
That tiny pin just above the trigger is what you want to gently tap out. Make sure to remember the direction that it came out in. Also, make sure that the first end to come out has a bit of grip engraved on it; sometimes it's a crosshatch, sometimes it's just lines, but only one end has the grippy bit. That end comes out first during disassembly and goes in last during re-assembly.

After that it's super easy. Your selector switch doesn't need to come out at all.
__________________
"Mah check"

Now you know

MaciekA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2012, 19:45   #8
johjoh
 
johjoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ottawa
Send a message via MSN to johjoh
Thanks for all the info, I'll try it out when i get home, thanks!
johjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2012, 23:21   #9
Darklen
Administrator
 
Darklen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Red Deer, AB
Send a message via MSN to Darklen
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaciekA View Post
That tiny pin just above the trigger is what you want to gently tap out. Make sure to remember the direction that it came out in. Also, make sure that the first end to come out has a bit of grip engraved on it; sometimes it's a crosshatch, sometimes it's just lines, but only one end has the grippy bit. That end comes out first during disassembly and goes in last during re-assembly.

After that it's super easy. Your selector switch doesn't need to come out at all.
Correct. I work on these all the time (mods not repairs). Providing it's still in factory condition, the pin come out from right to left with a 1/8" pin punch and a small hammer. Just be sure to put it in the same way. The selector switch is much more difficult to remove, so if you don't need to, don't.
__________________
ASC & RAAT Age Verifier for Red Deer & Area Alberta
Darklen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2012, 00:39   #10
johjoh
 
johjoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ottawa
Send a message via MSN to johjoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklen View Post
Correct. I work on these all the time (mods not repairs). Providing it's still in factory condition, the pin come out from right to left with a 1/8" pin punch and a small hammer. Just be sure to put it in the same way. The selector switch is much more difficult to remove, so if you don't need to, don't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaciekA View Post
That tiny pin just above the trigger is what you want to gently tap out. Make sure to remember the direction that it came out in. Also, make sure that the first end to come out has a bit of grip engraved on it; sometimes it's a crosshatch, sometimes it's just lines, but only one end has the grippy bit. That end comes out first during disassembly and goes in last during re-assembly.

After that it's super easy. Your selector switch doesn't need to come out at all.

PERECT! thanks! worked like a charm, And I just needed to get as close to the rear wiring as possible, the positive wire was nicked from when I pulled out and in the full stock, so I will cut, and resolder properly, and Since i'm at it, I should put deans connectors on.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerland View Post
Joce if your near kanata swing by and I'll see if I can help
Thanks for your offer, but i'm in the Rockland area, and don't really want to go out there unless absolutly necessary
johjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2012, 01:17   #11
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol
 
Gunny_McSmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: MTL
Glad it worked!

BTW if you need deans... Great Hobbies @trainyard has some !
__________________


Quote:
"A workout isn't easy, but neither is being fat, make the right choice"
Gunny_McSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2012, 01:48   #12
johjoh
 
johjoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ottawa
Send a message via MSN to johjoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny_McSmith View Post
Glad it worked!

BTW if you need deans... Great Hobbies @trainyard has some !
Oo merci pour me lavoir dit! Sa sauve le shipping! I might be heading there tomorrow!
johjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2012, 07:53   #13
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol
 
Gunny_McSmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: MTL
Quote:
Originally Posted by johjoh View Post
Oo merci pour me lavoir dit! Sa sauve le shipping! I might be heading there tomorrow!
Yep, et l'attente de 2 semaines.... lol

BTW si ils en ont pas en stock, PM moi, j'en ai un packet en extra donner! (puisque je switch pour du xt60)
__________________


Quote:
"A workout isn't easy, but neither is being fat, make the right choice"
Gunny_McSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2012, 13:42   #14
johjoh
 
johjoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ottawa
Send a message via MSN to johjoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny_McSmith View Post
Yep, et l'attente de 2 semaines.... lol

BTW si ils en ont pas en stock, PM moi, j'en ai un packet en extra donner! (puisque je switch pour du xt60)
Quelle difference as-til avec les XT60?

Et parfait, je vais surement aller ajd au magasin.

EDIT: Just did a little research on them, they really seem convincing and they are not really expensive.

EDIT2: Went ahead and bought some XT60 connectors :P

Last edited by johjoh; February 16th, 2012 at 17:26..
johjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
007 Licence to Shoot

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.