Airsoft Canada
https://niagaraquartermaster.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Beware of manchovie!!!

:

General

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old February 3rd, 2012, 22:31   #151
Blackthorne
A Total Bastard
 
Blackthorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Consecon, Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to Blackthorne
That is exactly manchovies point. If everyone defending him in this thread had to deal with him directly they would soon realize why he is the problem and NOT manchoivie.
__________________
VINCITE OMNIMODO
Blackthorne is offline  
Old February 3rd, 2012, 23:38   #152
Drake
E-01
 
Drake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Montreal, QC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
He'd also accused me of banning him (I didn't)
Man, you'd think it was clear I did it if he bothered reading the thread, I even made than Ban Reaper Drone image and everything.

I feel my work here is very under appreciated
__________________
Drake is offline  
Old February 4th, 2012, 01:27   #153
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer
 
ILLusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Toronto
and i thought that was the most amusing part of the entire thread! would have loved to take credit for it, but i just couldnt do it...
ILLusion is offline  
Old February 4th, 2012, 01:28   #154
Qlong
Division
 
Qlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scarborough, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Man, you'd think it was clear I did it if he bothered reading the thread, I even made than Ban Reaper Drone image and everything.

I feel my work here is very under appreciated
He stole your kill mate.
__________________

Weee!
Qlong is offline  
Old February 4th, 2012, 01:32   #155
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner
 
Eeyore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: St Lambert, Quebec
So... why was this re opened again?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinard View Post
eeyore, the more I look at your avatar, the more I find it looks like a vagina...
Eeyore is offline  
Old February 4th, 2012, 11:25   #156
Slono
Slow mo.
 
Slono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: GTA
Thanks for the good read guys.
__________________

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands
in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he
stands at times of challenge and controversy.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.


Slono is offline  
Old February 4th, 2012, 13:07   #157
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer
 
ILLusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
So... why was this re opened again?
He'd PM'ed me complaining about why his thread was closed. The assumption was made that he must have something important to add, so I opened it again for him to post whatever he had to say. Looking at his status, he hasn't been online since he sent me that PM, so give him a couple of days.

I did explain to him that I locked it to prevent it from further derailing and to prevent his name from being continued to drag through the mud... which I knew would happen if I re-opened the thread, and that's exactly what happened. Him creating this thread did him no favours. He apparently failed to see this, which shows how closed his mind is.

Bartek is considering posting in here, but I think his silence is golden, as the OP is showing his true colours. In any case, Bartek will consider posting, and if/when he does, you'll see the additional facts that the OP decided to conveniently leave out.
ILLusion is offline  
Old February 4th, 2012, 20:05   #158
Bdot
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Newmarket Ontario
This right here just proves that you people you only want to see what you want to see. First of all, I didn't complain to you iLLusion, I wanted a reason why I got banned other than needing to 'take a bread'... and why the only mod commenting on here thought bacon was more important. I realize I came off a little pissed, but having to deal with the bs from manchovie, then to have most of you bash me for being so called pushy and a disrespectful when none of you were even involved in this situation, shows that you need to be some kind of daily poster to get any respect on this site.

I thought 2 months was more than enough time for a 'respected', 'top of the line' gun doc to put a few minor parts in a couple guns. Not only that, but he didn't bother to contact me until a month later other than a couple texts saying he's going to find some time to work on them soon. Then add the fact that he couldn't give us a deadline or quote til more than a month after, going over the deadline twice, then giving me a broken gun with half of the work not done that he said and we paid for him to do all while trying to deny he broke it and did everything he said when after we went to get it fixed and they explained all the problems with it. Starting with not letting us test fire them at his house other than a couple dry shots per gun, which he told us wasn't good for the gun so not to do anymore untill we get home with bb's.

I never said one disrespectful thing to this guy until I got our broken gun back. I wasn't even disrespectful to him after he lied to us several times and missed the first deadline. Which was more than enough time for him at the very least to start on them. If he was really that busy 24/7 for a month straight which i doubt for a month he wasnt sitting at home playing with his own guns for hours, why not tell us that you don't have a couple hours to start on them in the first place and not make us sit and wait day after day with no response. You all say gun docs have lives and family's and other stuff to do, while like a lot of you already said you can easily look on the internet and find a video of how to work on these guns. These gun docs have obviously done this before and should have made the time to work on a new gun before they decided to take on a new customer. Not only that but these are TOYS they are working on not some science experiment. And some of you say you charge up to $80/hr?? That's a complete joke and its sad you even think your work is that valuable, your not a doctor or even a gunsmith for that matter.

It seems like a lot of you take this as serious as your life, although you say you have one outside of airsoft. Especially when you all had more than enough time to post meaningless replies on a 'noobs' thread at 3 in the morning like you all did. All of this while never hearing one word from manchovie. Its funny that you go look at his profile and just decide to side with him because hes got some good feedback and revolves his life around airsoft. Or maybe I should take that last part back because he sure didn't seem to care about my business, and you all start to think im contradicting myself again. Its nice to see my thread made to warn others of a "good gun doc" taking advantage of new members, NOT to try and convince people like him how he conducted his poor business, turned into a shitshow with a bunch of crying.
Bdot is offline  
Old February 4th, 2012, 20:11   #159
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace
 
Kokanee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Spruce Grove, AB
Hopefully the lesson you have taken from all of this is to learn how to work on your own guns. I've never paid for gun doc services, got someone to show me how to install a set of gears for a beer, and all self taught after that. Installing upgrades/servicing/troubleshooting is not really all that difficult once you get your feet wet.
Kokanee is offline  
Old February 4th, 2012, 20:13   #160
MadMorbius
Administrator Malleus Veto
 
MadMorbius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Send a message via ICQ to MadMorbius
Did you get the last of the sand out of your vagina yet, or is it ok to close this down again?
__________________
[/FONT]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaf_shooter View Post
what if it model after his?
MadMorbius is offline  
Old February 4th, 2012, 20:17   #161
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner
 
Eeyore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: St Lambert, Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMorbius View Post
Did you get the last of the sand out of your vagina yet, or is it ok to close this down again?
Like!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinard View Post
eeyore, the more I look at your avatar, the more I find it looks like a vagina...
Eeyore is offline  
Old February 4th, 2012, 20:21   #162
Curo
Cobalt Caliber
 
Curo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bowmanville Ont
I don't think any good will come of this just close it and let this be lost in the records of crap. He is obviously pissed and feels it cannot be getting any worse so he feels he needs to continue to rant about this 'injustice'. Lets do everyone a favor and lock it. When manchovie is ready to post unlock it let him post and re-lock it. You can read still and your opinion will be made regardless of weather you post it or not.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirestormX View Post
I know that isn't really what you asked, but it's the internet, and I like to type things that don't matter.
Curo is offline  
Old February 4th, 2012, 21:36   #163
lord_sid
 
lord_sid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Send a message via MSN to lord_sid
As for someone who works on airsoft guns, your minor work on the guns still require the same effort of most major part replacement. You still need to take the whole gun apart and disassemble the mechbox. It doesn't matter if you are only changing a spring. The same work is required if you wanted all new internals (other than shimming).

Like most people have also said, parts break. Most than once, Ive worked on my augs and they will be in working order. Come game time, i give it a few runs at the range and something gave out. Shit happens. You are dealing with plastic and thin metal parts under a lot of stress.

Hell, 2 weeks ago i replace a loading nozzle on a hi-capa for a buddy. It worked fine for me. 6 mags through it and no issues. Gave it back to the owner in working order. 1 week later at our game, a little into the first mag the loading tab breaks again.

Just learn to work on your own gun. From the looks of it, you wont get any help from ASC. It not hard but as you will find out, it can become a nightmare.

The fact that he only let you dry fire it a few times in his home doesn't make him guilty of ripping you off. You said you dry fired it. Im sure you know what it is suppose to sound like when it fires. If you didn't hear anything there, it is save to say that it was working order when you left his house or when you dried fired it.
__________________
TM Steyr Aug A2 (Phantom) : TM Steyr Aug A2 (RIS) : Aftermath Steyr A2 (CQB) : APS Aug A1 H-Bar - 10 Low-Cap, 4 Mid-Cap and 2 Real-Cap Mags
TM/KJW G26 - 4 Mags
KJW KP-05 Hi-Capa - 2 Regular and 5 Extended Mags
Crossman S36P DEAD - 14 Shells
Old Buy/Sell Feedback

Last edited by lord_sid; February 4th, 2012 at 21:46..
lord_sid is offline  
Old February 4th, 2012, 21:50   #164
Bdot
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Newmarket Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokanee View Post
Hopefully the lesson you have taken from all of this is to learn how to work on your own guns. I've never paid for gun doc services, got someone to show me how to install a set of gears for a beer, and all self taught after that. Installing upgrades/servicing/troubleshooting is not really all that difficult once you get your feet wet.
Definitely, not going to trust another random guy just because his friends or other just looking at his profile on a website say he's "good"

Now i definitely see whats the problem here, not only are you people ignorant and look over the fact what hes done just cuz hes your friend or well know, but its that you cant read. Thats why you guys come up with the stupidest shit to say and have nothing good to back up this joke, I didnt once say anything in that post showing i am pissed, just pointed out the facts or maybe your just pissed realizing that all the stuff you can think of to say back couldnt deny the fact that any normal person would realize that what he did isnt even considered business but a joke. but if thats all you can say back to it than i now have maybe knocked some common sense in to you people and maybe now you will realize just because this guys so awesome on your website doesn't hide the fact what he does and how he acts outside your little group in the real world.
Bdot is offline  
Old February 4th, 2012, 22:00   #165
Bdot
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Newmarket Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_sid View Post
As for someone who works on airsoft guns, your minor work on the guns still require the same effort of most major part replacement. You still need to take the whole gun apart and disassemble the mechbox. It doesn't matter if you are only changing a spring. The same work is required if you wanted all new internals (other than shimming).

Like most people have also said, parts break. Most than once, Ive worked on my augs and they will be in working order. Come game time, i give it a few runs at the range and something gave out. Shit happens. You are dealing with plastic and thin metal parts under a lot of stress.

Hell, 2 weeks ago i replace a loading nozzle on a hi-capa for a buddy. It worked fine for me. 6 mags through it and no issues. Gave it back to the owner in working order. 1 week later at our game, a little into the first mag the loading tab breaks again.

Just learn to work on your own gun. From the looks of it, you wont get any help from ASC. It not hard but as you will find out, it can become a nightmare.

The fact that he only let you dry fire it a few times in his home doesn't make him guilty of ripping you off. You said you dry fired it. Im sure you know what it is suppose to sound like when it fires. If you didn't hear anything there, it is save to say that it was working order when you left his house or when you dried fired it.
What i meant was to put a few parts in a gun is a lot simpler and easier than to do a fully internal customization, a lot less problems to worry about. I have had parts last forever and some last a few months, but the fact he said he could only dry fire the gun a few times, than me hearing the rattling piece in the gun a min after showes to me something was broken to begin with. Especially the fact that when i get to put bb's in it they dont go more than 5 feet out of the gun than few shots later it fully stops working. I was pissed for waiting this long and finally getting the gun and not being able to shoot any shots out of it even when i get home and put bb's in it myself, i bet if i got to shoot those few shots at his house it would crap out there, and DEFINITELY would have seen that the bb's couldnt make it across the room, which in the end would have shown it wasnt working when it was still in his house and just left his hands. And i wasnt going to demand to shoot off bb's in his house i was just happy to finally get my gun back and to finally be done dealing with this guy.

Last edited by Bdot; February 4th, 2012 at 22:03..
Bdot is offline  
Closed ThreadTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
https://niagaraquartermaster.com/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 15:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.