Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Do you hate ARES?

:

General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old November 28th, 2011, 12:02   #121
Grimreaper 295
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Give the devil his due!

An email to Ares HK was Nov 9/11. On the 25th they responded with availability of all the parts I required. I have, today, made Paypal payment per their notes. I'll let you know how that works out.

*fingers crossed*
Grimreaper 295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2011, 10:18   #122
ZMAN3313
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: st.catharines
I purchased an Ares Cheytac intervention M200 and it was missing the spring mag.
Do you think i could find anywhere in the world to purchase one?
answer: Big Fat Nope!!!!!!
so thats where i stand with Ares
ZMAN3313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2011, 20:54   #123
SuperHog
 
SuperHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMAN3313 View Post
I purchased an Ares Cheytac intervention M200 and it was missing the spring mag.
Do you think i could find anywhere in the world to purchase one?
answer: Big Fat Nope!!!!!!
so thats where i stand with Ares
Check out the pic of their showroom in HK, your part could be hanging on the wall...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ares parts HK showroom.jpg (91.8 KB, 89 views)
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2011, 22:38   #124
sushicake
 
sushicake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Markham, ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMAN3313 View Post
I purchased an Ares Cheytac intervention M200 and it was missing the spring mag.
Do you think i could find anywhere in the world to purchase one?
answer: Big Fat Nope!!!!!!
so thats where i stand with Ares
Probably the one who sold it to you didn't include it.
__________________
"Don't you know the first law of physics? Anything fun costs atleast $8"
sushicake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2012, 03:28   #125
Curo
Cobalt Caliber
 
Curo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bowmanville Ont
Heh ARES was contracted to make Magpul PTS Masada right? Well I gota problem here,none of my hex screws/Allen keys fight the Tappet plate on my gun and am unable to swap my spring to lower velocity. Currently shooting 395 fps it's too hot for indoor?

Do you know the correct allen key size for this part so that I may acquire the correct size?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirestormX View Post
I know that isn't really what you asked, but it's the internet, and I like to type things that don't matter.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2012, 13:42   #126
Amos
 
Amos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tokushima, Japan
Send a message via MSN to Amos
It's an imperial key..

I just upgraded one of these things and it was a huge head ache... A&K over PTS..
__________________
Custom Builds:
FA3674U
Krinkov
G3SD6
Amos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2012, 16:44   #127
bujitjit
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
ARES didn't make the Masada, its someone else!
bujitjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2012, 16:52   #128
Scavenger
Scatter-Shot
 
Scavenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Scarberia, ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by bujitjit View Post
ARES didn't make the Masada, its someone else!
ARES made the gearbox for the Magpul ACR PTS.. the design itself is horrible, let alone the parts.
__________________

Team GHOSTS - Fides et Amicitia
G = √-1


Smooth Operator Operating Correctly.
Scavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2012, 16:57   #129
Amos
 
Amos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tokushima, Japan
Send a message via MSN to Amos
Quote:
Originally Posted by bujitjit View Post
ARES didn't make the Masada, its someone else!
A&K makes one, Ares makes the PTS version.
__________________
Custom Builds:
FA3674U
Krinkov
G3SD6
Amos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2012, 17:13   #130
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner
 
Eeyore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: St Lambert, Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
A&K makes one, Ares makes the PTS version.
G&P made one too, well they bought the A&K version and spruced it up a bit.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinard View Post
eeyore, the more I look at your avatar, the more I find it looks like a vagina...
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2012, 23:18   #131
Chiba
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Markham
Maybe I should chime in alittle.

I own a Star SL8 and as you know Star and ARES parts are.. interchangeable. However, most ARES products are out of stock in most shops.

So like any diligent HKer, I found their office and went up to their showroom to buy some stuff in December 2011. It has a very family-runned feel there. I asked some questions regarding parts, and one of the more experienced sales staff came out from the office and started chatting it up with me (I was the only customer there on a Saturday morning)

Some notable points in our discussion were:

1) They know that there's a negative image of them. Case in point is that almost all of the HK airsoft stores don't actively promote or re-stock their products.

2) They noted they have improved the quality of their guns and parts. For example, they have redesigned parts of the SL8/9 (finally).

3) Apparently there is a store in Canada that is dealing with ARES, and ordered a huge shipment of guns and parts recently.
Chiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2012, 00:12   #132
FreelancerInc
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Brooks Alberta Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiba View Post
Maybe I should chime in alittle.

I own a Star SL8 and as you know Star and ARES parts are.. interchangeable. However, most ARES products are out of stock in most shops.

So like any diligent HKer, I found their office and went up to their showroom to buy some stuff in December 2011. It has a very family-runned feel there. I asked some questions regarding parts, and one of the more experienced sales staff came out from the office and started chatting it up with me (I was the only customer there on a Saturday morning)

Some notable points in our discussion were:

1) They know that there's a negative image of them. Case in point is that almost all of the HK airsoft stores don't actively promote or re-stock their products.

2) They noted they have improved the quality of their guns and parts. For example, they have redesigned parts of the SL8/9 (finally).

3) Apparently there is a store in Canada that is dealing with ARES, and ordered a huge shipment of guns and parts recently.

just a thought here if you can walk down to there show room and buy replacement parts off the wall you should become a retailer
__________________
Forums Rules, Learn em, Love em Follow em
I have gear and gun rentals available at all Team SWATT hosted games in Brooks, Alberta
FreelancerInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2012, 01:04   #133
Chiba
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Markham
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreelancerInc View Post
just a thought here if you can walk down to there show room and buy replacement parts off the wall you should become a retailer
Perks of living in the same city as the airsoft companies

However, I don't like going there since I live in the opposite direction of them. It takes me an hour by subway, then 15 mins by bus just to reach their office.

But they do have all the parts you ever wanted. That UMP/SL8 silencer which EhobXX never has? Oh, its there in the showroom, waiting to be bought.
Chiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2012, 09:32   #134
Daiviet
Captain Sunshine
 
Daiviet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Hey Z-Shot, get me a scar mechbox shell replacement and I'll start liking ARES again. Been in contact with a person from ARES but they up and stopped replying to me.
Daiviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2012, 09:37   #135
Crunchmeister
 
Crunchmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In your bedroom going though your underwear drawer
♪♫This is the thread that never ends. It just goes on and on and on...♫♪
__________________
Crunchmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.