Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Finally committing to airsoft - recommended websites for equipment?

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old August 6th, 2011, 21:42   #1
Bolt
 
Bolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Finally committing to airsoft - recommended websites for equipment?

Hello everyone.

I've been participating in airsoft games for about two years on and off, and have finally decided it's time to begin purchasing my own equipment such that I can attend larger and more varied games more or less independently (versus working off rentals ad infinitum), and dig my roots a bit deeper into the community.

I'm holding off on purchasing an AEG for now (though I know the brand and model I'm looking for, and my age verification is currently pending), but in the meantime I plan to look into a satisfactory vest/chest rig, and BDU. (Boots I'm certain I can track down locally.)

I've done considerable research to this point to the best of my ability, but that can only go so far. If possible, I'd like to gather some actual feedback and recommendations - or warnings - from community members who have far greater experience than I dealing in airsoft. Namely, I would like to know what websites you would recommend (or conversely avoid) to order apparel and other gear from on variables such as product quality, shipping reliability, etc.

I've looked around locally (I'm situated in Winnipeg, Manitoba), but any available retailers here don't seem to carry that wide a variety (not to mention their wares are overpriced).

As a final note, if there is already a thread addressing such an issue as this, please do kindly direct me to it. Admittedly, I am still quite new here, and the amount of information available is a bit dizzying, so I may have passed a similar topic over (despite searching beforehand).

Thank you for your time and patience, and I appreciate any advice you can offer me.
__________________
Always expect the worst. That way, you're never disappointed.
Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2011, 22:22   #2
L473ncy
 
L473ncy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 11-30-24-1W5
If you're looking for "in Canada" stuff that will take normal shipping time to get to you then a few places come to mind. Warfighter Tactical comes to mind being in Manitoba.

I would advise airsoftgear.ca if you want ICE Tactical pouches (or other goods). They carry a selection of ICE equipment however they will run you a fair amount seeing as it's "real" gear that can be used by people actually in the military or whatnot.

Their websites stock doesn't reflect their actual stock and I'm not sure if they're able to do shipping out of orders just yet but send the owner an email and see.

I would however best advise you to maybe consider purchasing off the used classifieds for gear and such if you're on a budget. Vests, pouches, and other gear/accessories can be had for a fair deal (you just have to know what to look for and be patient).

Everything else can be found in the AV only section, or the websites that are listed there. I don't think I can say any more than that (sorry this is in a public section where anyone can see it and you're not AV'ed yet).
__________________
ಠ_ಠLess QQ more Pew Pew
READY TO >> RACE
L473ncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2011, 00:45   #3
Grudge
multitech
 
Grudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: with your girlfriend, playing with her P90.
Come on over to : http://mb-airsoft.com/forum/index.php

The Manitoba Airsoft Association is a great place to get connected with local players, and check out local suppliers. Lots of gear and guns both new and used.
__________________
Nothing says loving, like a head shot!
Grudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2011, 00:53   #4
Bolt
 
Bolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Ah, got it. I didn't think the AV issue extended to non-weapon items as well. I understand completely, though.

I'll be patient and wait my turn. Thank you for the information you did provide, though. I appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
If you're looking for "in Canada" stuff that will take normal shipping time to get to you then a few places come to mind. Warfighter Tactical comes to mind being in Manitoba.

I would advise airsoftgear.ca if you want ICE Tactical pouches (or other goods). They carry a selection of ICE equipment however they will run you a fair amount seeing as it's "real" gear that can be used by people actually in the military or whatnot.

Their websites stock doesn't reflect their actual stock and I'm not sure if they're able to do shipping out of orders just yet but send the owner an email and see.

I would however best advise you to maybe consider purchasing off the used classifieds for gear and such if you're on a budget. Vests, pouches, and other gear/accessories can be had for a fair deal (you just have to know what to look for and be patient).

Everything else can be found in the AV only section, or the websites that are listed there. I don't think I can say any more than that (sorry this is in a public section where anyone can see it and you're not AV'ed yet).
__________________
Always expect the worst. That way, you're never disappointed.
Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2011, 00:55   #5
Bolt
 
Bolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Manitoba, Canada
I'm in the process of registering now, actually. Thank you for the prompt, regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by multitech View Post
Come on over to : http://mb-airsoft.com/forum/index.php

The Manitoba Airsoft Association is a great place to get connected with local players, and check out local suppliers. Lots of gear and guns both new and used.
__________________
Always expect the worst. That way, you're never disappointed.
Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2011, 01:37   #6
L473ncy
 
L473ncy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 11-30-24-1W5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
Ah, got it. I didn't think the AV issue extended to non-weapon items as well. I understand completely, though.
Let me be clear it doesn't extend to non weapon items, just that the other retailers that come to mind also sell guns.

Actually other websites for gear (that also don't sell guns) include 911 Tactical (Calgary), Dropzone Tactical (Edmonton), and Army Issue (Toronto).

911 and Dropzone sells "issue" stuff so it will be a bit more expensive than the replica stuff, but built to last. Personally for me I mostly buy replica/cheaper stuff and to be honest we don't really run our gear hard like they do in real life so it might be beneficial to "buy cheap and buy twice", or buy cheap and buy 2 different sets of cheaper camo/gear.

Also, you should note that the gear and accessories classifieds section is open to non AV'ed members so have a look through there and see if there's anything you like.
__________________
ಠ_ಠLess QQ more Pew Pew
READY TO >> RACE
L473ncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2011, 10:00   #7
Kuro_Neko
 
Kuro_Neko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland
Send a message via ICQ to Kuro_Neko Send a message via AIM to Kuro_Neko Send a message via MSN to Kuro_Neko Send a message via Yahoo to Kuro_Neko
The Classifieds would be my first choice if I were you. But if you're looking to buy new then Seals Action Gear is a great place.
__________________
Kuro_Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2011, 22:51   #8
DEATH2000
 
DEATH2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Sorry, but being from Calgary I need to correct your post. The store your refering too is 911 Supply. They sell mostly Police issued duty gear and equipment, with a large selection of 5.11 gear as well as boots, and bags.

The other store in Calgary is Seals Action Gear. They sell tactical and Military gear. Usually high end stuff, and the price will reflect that.

The third and lesser known store is Crown Surplus. In addition to phenomenal Military surplus goods, they have an excellent selection of brand new BDU's, boots, tactical gear, and other items. Their website is www.armysurplus.com. They will be bringing in a selection of Tru-spec uniforms and some of the Issued Arid MARPAT, as confirmed by the owner last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
Let me be clear it doesn't extend to non weapon items, just that the other retailers that come to mind also sell guns.

Actually other websites for gear (that also don't sell guns) include 911 Tactical (Calgary), Dropzone Tactical (Edmonton), and Army Issue (Toronto).

911 and Dropzone sells "issue" stuff so it will be a bit more expensive than the replica stuff, but built to last. Personally for me I mostly buy replica/cheaper stuff and to be honest we don't really run our gear hard like they do in real life so it might be beneficial to "buy cheap and buy twice", or buy cheap and buy 2 different sets of cheaper camo/gear.

Also, you should note that the gear and accessories classifieds section is open to non AV'ed members so have a look through there and see if there's anything you like.
__________________
DEATH2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2011, 23:16   #9
GSK88
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: T-dot
I'm going to 2nd Seals Action Gear. I've had great customer service with them after a screw up on their end and they followed through very quickly.

I'm not up to date on prices but I'd say they're fair and they have some good quality stuff like Eagle Ind. etc.

If you're on a budget just hit the classifieds. There's a few members here that regularly post real equipment for way below the retail value. That and there's usually a good deal every couple of days, you just gotta cruise through every evening and take a peek at what's new.
GSK88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2011, 16:53   #10
Scouser
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Winnipeg
crown surplus is awesome, i managed to get in there once just before i moved back to winnipeg from calgary...honestly i could have spent days in there, and way too many paycheques
__________________
http://farm2.staticflickr.com/1146/4732239144_0fa02ba6aa.jpg
Scouser is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.