Airsoft Canada
Airsoft Depot

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

First aeg help

:

Newbie Tank

View Poll Results: Which gun?
ICS M4 Sportsline 3 0.01%
King Arms M4A1 Ultra Grade 48,559 99.99%
ICS Sig 551/552 3 0.01%
Voters: 48565. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old July 20th, 2011, 16:22   #1
Phantom212
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
First aeg help

Pretty soon I will be starting into airsoft I know what gear I want/need, but i need help picking from some guns I will list in a bit. First of all I can't get age verified yet I'm a few years a way. Secondly you can help me out you just cant tell me where I can get guns from but I have some places in mind, Buyairsoft, VelocityArms, Capitalairsoft, Mach1airsoft, Shootsoft.ca, FCSurplus, Imperialairsoft and some others. Oh and when I say all black I mean no clear parts.

But now onto the guns.

First is the ICS M4 Sportsline (plastic body, all black). I like the look of this gun (I don't know why) and I could have money left to get an RIS system and some extra mags. But mostly I like the split gearbox, since I'm a noob this would help alot if any problems occured (which I hear are usually in the upper gearbox) I could fix it more easily than a different gun.

Next is the King Arms M4A1 Ultra Grade (full metal? can anyone confirm that because the site doesn't say and I can't find any reviews of this gun, all black). I also like the look of this gun and I hear King Arms internals are pretty good. the only thing holding me back on this one is if the body is full metal or not but if it is that would be a big bonus for this gun. If I get this I can get some mags but I wont be able to get an RIS system right away.

Lastly the ICS Sig 551/552 (full metal, all black). I love the look of this gun and the trades are sweet and it has a functioning bolt catch and release which are both awesome for realism. I hear the internals are good and it has the ICS turbo 3000 motor. If I get this gun then I can get a couple mags and it already has a railed handguard but I could get an optics mount if I wanted to.

Your help for my decision would be awesome thanks.
Phantom212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 16:59   #2
Styrak
 
Styrak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Get the KA M4. If you're wanting a Sig, get a G&G.
__________________

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services

Last edited by Styrak; July 20th, 2011 at 17:04..
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 17:25   #3
Phantom212
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
Get the KA M4. If you're wanting a Sig, get a G&G.
So would you say the G&G Sig is better than the KA M4? Or are they about equal? I will usually be playing cqb but sometimes I'll be playing field.
Phantom212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 17:34   #4
Styrak
 
Styrak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Send a message via MSN to Styrak
They're both good guns. It's your gun, your opinion.
I'd say the G&G Sig is better quality but that doesn't mean the KA M4 is bad at all.
Just don't get the ICS Sig, if you want a Sig
__________________

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 17:40   #5
Phantom212
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Alright thanks for the help I'm probably gonna go with the KA m4 but I'll wait a see a little longer.
Phantom212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 19:41   #6
bug519
 
bug519's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Denfield, ON
I have 2 friends with that ka m4 (at fcsurplus for 299, not full metal, nylon fibre, very nice)
and 1 friend with the ics sig, also 299 at fcs.
Both guns are great, i like the m4 better, feels/looks great, but really i'm sure you'll be fine with either.
Also, the guy at fcs actually recommended an ics m4 over the ka because of what you said, the split gear box.

just trying to confuse you a little more!
Go with your gut!
bug519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 20:11   #7
Phantom212
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bug519 View Post
I have 2 friends with that ka m4 (at fcsurplus for 299, not full metal, nylon fibre, very nice)
and 1 friend with the ics sig, also 299 at fcs.
Both guns are great, i like the m4 better, feels/looks great, but really i'm sure you'll be fine with either.
Also, the guy at fcs actually recommended an ics m4 over the ka because of what you said, the split gear box.

just trying to confuse you a little more!
Go with your gut!
Wow, that cleared a lot up for me thanks I'm thinking ICS Sig 552 or ICS m4.
Phantom212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 20:13   #8
MultipleParadox
 
MultipleParadox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: St-Hubert, Qc
I have a KA Larue 7", full metal
Good gun, works well and seems reliable enough.

However I got some compression issues since day one, which is getting fixed with better internal, but maybe I was just unlucky.

Appart from that, internals seemed good enough for the price.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
Real life comparison,

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 20:19   #9
ap27
 
ap27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brampton, ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
They're both good guns. It's your gun, your opinion.
I'd say the G&G Sig is better quality but that doesn't mean the KA M4 is bad at all.
Just don't get the ICS Sig, if you want a Sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom212 View Post
Alright thanks for the help I'm probably gonna go with the KA m4 but I'll wait a see a little longer.

..........


Quote:
Originally Posted by bug519 View Post
I have 2 friends with that ka m4 (at fcsurplus for 299, not full metal, nylon fibre, very nice)
and 1 friend with the ics sig, also 299 at fcs.
Both guns are great, i like the m4 better, feels/looks great, but really i'm sure you'll be fine with either.
Also, the guy at fcs actually recommended an ics m4 over the ka because of what you said, the split gear box.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom212 View Post
Wow, that cleared a lot up for me thanks I'm thinking ICS Sig 552 or ICS m4.

/Facepalm
__________________
H&K G36c (KWA) / Glock 18c (TM) / Kimber LAPD SWAT Custom (TM) / Mossberg M500 (ACM)

ap27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 21:05   #10
DEATH2000
 
DEATH2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap27 View Post
..........


/Facepalm
Noob tank for a reason....
__________________
DEATH2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 21:06   #11
Phantom212
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Yeah I thought the same to myself. Phail.
Phantom212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 21:10   #12
pestobanana
Squid Porn Superstar, I love the tentacles!
 
pestobanana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Richmond Hill and Waterloo, Ontario
I'm not entirely convinced you should pick a gun based on how easy it will be to fix. Any fix will be a pain in the ass, but not impossible because there are some VERY good how to videos on Youtube. A few days ago my G36 trigger contacts burned out, so I had to crack open the gearbox for the first time. Thanks to Youtube I got it back together in perfect working condition. It did however take me 5 hours because I had to do some electrical troubleshooting when it didn't work the first time, along with some de-soldering and re-soldering.

I personally don't like ICS M4s because their mags sit low in the magwell and look funny. You may also want to consider that the M4 is the most generic gun. You should also consider what kind of field you want to play in.

I really think you should wait until you get AV'ed to get a gun. If you wait till then you'll have a bigger budget so you can can a better gun. Another thing is its just going to sit in your case collecting dust. I actually got a gun before I moved to Canada (I didn't know importation was illegal back then), and it was sitting in my case collecting dust until I turned 18 a few months ago.
__________________
Guardians of Asgaard - KF32

VFC H&K 416C
VFC KAC SR16 JL Billet SBR

TM FN Five-seveN
pestobanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 21:18   #13
Phantom212
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by pestobanana View Post
I'm not entirely convinced you should pick a gun based on how easy it will be to fix. Any fix will be a pain in the ass, but not impossible because there are some VERY good how to videos on Youtube. A few days ago my G36 trigger contacts burned out, so I had to crack open the gearbox for the first time. Thanks to Youtube I got it back together in perfect working condition. It did however take me 5 hours because I had to do some electrical troubleshooting when it didn't work the first time, along with some de-soldering and re-soldering.

I personally don't like ICS M4s because their mags sit low in the magwell and look funny. You may also want to consider that the M4 is the most generic gun. You should also consider what kind of field you want to play in.

I really think you should wait until you get AV'ed to get a gun. If you wait till then you'll have a bigger budget so you can can a better gun. Another thing is its just going to sit in your case collecting dust. I actually got a gun before I moved to Canada (I didn't know importation was illegal back then), and it was sitting in my case collecting dust until I turned 18 a few months ago.
That's why I was considering the Sig 552 because I'm going to be playing cqb mostly and I really don't want to have a gun that everyone else has, even though there is benefits to that. I never noticed that on the ICS m4's but you're right. I think the ICS Sig 552 or 551 is going to be something I will really like, although going against the poll. But like Death2000 pointed out, well that kinda speaks for it's self.
Phantom212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 21:32   #14
pestobanana
Squid Porn Superstar, I love the tentacles!
 
pestobanana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Richmond Hill and Waterloo, Ontario
In my opinion the best CQC airsoft guns are GBB pistols. For CQC I'd opt for a sig over a colt, simply because its shorter and I don't like the look of a colt any shorter than the M4. You should also consider other guns like an MP5, P90 or G36C.

You won't realise how much of a difference gun size makes in close quarters until you end up like me. I like woodlands so I got a full length G36. I played outdoor CQC once, and it was really difficult with my gun.
__________________
Guardians of Asgaard - KF32

VFC H&K 416C
VFC KAC SR16 JL Billet SBR

TM FN Five-seveN
pestobanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 23:22   #15
kalnaren
 
kalnaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oakville, Ontario
I have a P90 I used in CQC. Fucking. Awesome.
__________________

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
Airsoft Depot

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.