Airsoft Canada
BuyAirsoft

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

PyramidAir.com good website to order from?

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 31st, 2011, 23:59   #16
Slow
Loves Furries
 
Slow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Manitoba
1.57j if i remember correctly.
__________________

If ASC were real life, there would be no Chuck Norris, only CDN_Stalker

MANITOBA IVAN
Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2011, 00:01   #17
ex
IRON TESTICLES
 
ex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ottawa
Whining about your infractions sends you to the naughty corner..enjoy the view.
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2011, 00:08   #18
Strelok
 
Strelok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brandon Manitoba
Can we get this information removed from the other thread he posted in as well? And that quote?
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2011, 08:18   #19
Curo
Cobalt Caliber
 
Curo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bowmanville Ont
Why not order from canadian retailers! Support your fellow country man!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirestormX View Post
I know that isn't really what you asked, but it's the internet, and I like to type things that don't matter.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2011, 09:43   #20
MultipleParadox
 
MultipleParadox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: St-Hubert, Qc
Just a note about all this, as these posts and discussions seems to be *very* popular these days:

Even if you order a technically legal-to-import gun from over the border, the odds of having it seized anyways are really high. So yeah, it's supposed to be legal to import so even if it is seized you have rights to claim it back yes? Yes, but good luck with that, as you'll need a lot of paperworks to do, proove them it's legal to import as per law (yes you will have to do their own homework), then pay for having them ship the gun to some distant no-man's land so the RCMP test the gun, then pay again to have them shipped to you.

These charges can go as high 30-60$, times two equals 60-120$ in extra to the original price paid, it's been carried around, "played" with and you won't have any warranty of the state it's going to be when you receive it.

Plus, the whole process will have taken at least 4 weeks, probably more.

That is without even considering the probable duty fees.

In the end you'll have paid the same price as buying in Canada, waited longer, lost more time doing paperwork, and maybe received the gun in a not so new condition.

Think about it
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
Real life comparison,

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2011, 18:12   #21
sgtskywalker
 
sgtskywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Montreal, Qc
Quote:
Originally Posted by MultipleParadox View Post
Just a note about all this, as these posts and discussions seems to be *very* popular these days:

Even if you order a technically legal-to-import gun from over the border, the odds of having it seized anyways are really high. So yeah, it's supposed to be legal to import so even if it is seized you have rights to claim it back yes? Yes, but good luck with that, as you'll need a lot of paperworks to do, proove them it's legal to import as per law (yes you will have to do their own homework), then pay for having them ship the gun to some distant no-man's land so the RCMP test the gun, then pay again to have them shipped to you.

These charges can go as high 30-60$, times two equals 60-120$ in extra to the original price paid, it's been carried around, "played" with and you won't have any warranty of the state it's going to be when you receive it.

Plus, the whole process will have taken at least 4 weeks, probably more.

That is without even considering the probable duty fees.

In the end you'll have paid the same price as buying in Canada, waited longer, lost more time doing paperwork, and maybe received the gun in a not so new condition.

Think about it
Alright then, I guess I'm going with Torontoairsoft.com for an Echo1 m28! Thank you all for the information!

PS : Lol someone got banned because of me (sorry for trying to gather some information!)
sgtskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2011, 18:22   #22
Strelok
 
Strelok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brandon Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtskywalker View Post
Alright then, I guess I'm going with Torontoairsoft.com for an Echo1 m28! Thank you all for the information!

PS : Lol someone got banned because of me (sorry for trying to gather some information!)
Problem is, you could have easily found this out if you had actually made the effort to search about this. Its done to death and then some with plenty of explanatory material to boot.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2011, 19:29   #23
sgtskywalker
 
sgtskywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Montreal, Qc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
Problem is, you could have easily found this out if you had actually made the effort to search about this. Its done to death and then some with plenty of explanatory material to boot.
Then why is giving information to non-verified members an offense since they can easily find the information by searching a little by themselves?
sgtskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2011, 19:38   #24
Strelok
 
Strelok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brandon Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtskywalker View Post
Then why is giving information to non-verified members an offense since they can easily find the information by searching a little by themselves?
Why not search and find out?
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2011, 21:29   #25
Debrief
a.k.a. HKpro
 
Debrief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Deadmonton
A quick note to minors getting the bright idea that you can import airsoft guns using the afforementioned rules:

If (and most likely when) you get your craptastic $99 Both Elephant 406.99 FPS M4 declared as an uncontrolled firearm seized, you fuck over the rest of us who know what we're doing and the CBSA will be less lenient with legal imports.

The old mantra stands: To get airsoft guns in Canada, get AV'd and buy locally. Don't attempt to import until you're AV'd and you know the regulations inside and out.

Last edited by Debrief; June 3rd, 2011 at 21:38..
Debrief is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
BuyAirsoft

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.