Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Threats from across the border!

:

General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 20th, 2011, 10:09   #16
SniperSam
 
SniperSam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB
Send a message via AIM to SniperSam Send a message via MSN to SniperSam Send a message via Skype™ to SniperSam
Ok... so Canadians will possibly be affected by this because of a kidiot? Lovely
__________________
Proud Member of the Strelok society


Whoa guy with the thumb rings, save some pussy for the rest of us

Welcome to Bed Bath and Beyoncé, if you find anything you like, put a ring on it.

What idiot called them Black Bears instead of African Abearicans

Last edited by SniperSam; May 20th, 2011 at 13:38..
SniperSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2011, 10:29   #17
MultipleParadox
 
MultipleParadox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: St-Hubert, Qc
Even if the bill is voted, I don't think it would directly affect us. It would definitely set a precedent, which is bad for all airsoft players in North-America though.

IF the bill passes, it doesn't mean that Canada will look at this and say "Hey look, Calif did this, we'll do the same tomorrow!" If there's really people in the government looking into the airsoft situation in Canada, they'll probably wait a bit and see the costs/results to such a law. Chances are they realize it's not really worth it. Where the problem lies is that they still will be able to use this as a lever for their own schemes and machination to bring down airsoft in here though, which is bad, obviously.

Well, as long as they make the Pink guns full metals anyways with the same quality... let's just say Krylon's shares will go up a bit
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
Real life comparison,

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2011, 10:38   #18
Drake
E-01
 
Drake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Montreal, QC
Those that have been involved with airsoft for more than a couple of years will remember when the situation in Canada was MUCH worse than that (no airsoft guns allowed, regardless of the color) and yet we still got full black guns and the community still flourished into what it is today.

From a vet's perspective the Get-A-Grip factor here is pretty high.
__________________
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2011, 13:57   #19
CR0M
 
CR0M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hamilton
I hate playing devils advocate on here, i always get flamed out...

Anyways, the whole "guns havent hurt u yet why would u be afraid of them" is like saying theres bears in provincial parks but they havent hurt you yet so why be afraid of them?

Sure u can take the proper steps to ensure your safety, but id rather have peace of mind that no bears were in the park...

My wife hates my airsoft guns, because they look real she says,

Im not saying i support the bill, cause i dont, its just a tough bill to argue against thats all i was saying
__________________
WBR
CR0M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2011, 14:16   #20
MadMorbius
Administrator Malleus Veto
 
MadMorbius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Send a message via ICQ to MadMorbius
Carefull where that thought train leads. You're saying that something real should be restricted because of fears that it may be misused.

I'm saying that it will be misused one way or the other, and restricting an object only restricts it from those who wouldn't be inclined to misuse it in the first place. Those who are inclined to misuse it won't listen anyway.

To you bear analogy, I don't fear the bears in the park. I have a gun. If you had a gun, you wouldn't fear them either. Do you restrict the bear from being in the park, or prohibit the ability to protect yourself from the bear? Is the bear going to listen to your arguments that it's not supposed to be there?

If your wife hates your airsoft guns because she thinks they look too real, you have to ask why she hates guns in the first place. Then educate her on why those fears are irrational.

Guns kill people. So do cars. So do kitchen knives. She's not afraid of a kitchen knife, so why is she afraid of a gun?

Is it because "guns serve no purpose other than to kill?" Guns also prevent people from being killed. This is proven. Gun crimes are far more prevalent in jurisdictions that prohibit, regulate or otherwise restrict firearms.
__________________
[/FONT]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaf_shooter View Post
what if it model after his?

Last edited by MadMorbius; May 20th, 2011 at 14:22..
MadMorbius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2011, 16:25   #21
SniperSam
 
SniperSam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB
Send a message via AIM to SniperSam Send a message via MSN to SniperSam Send a message via Skype™ to SniperSam
As an author has shown in a book known as "Freakonomics" there are almost 100x more pool drownings than fire-arm related deaths each year. Do we prohibit swimming pools? Nope.

Guns just seem that more logical because of how people perceive them to be. More than 800,000 people die from cigarettes between the USA and Canada each year, yet I can walk into any depanneur and buy a 10 pack of Marlborough's after I flash my driver's license.
__________________
Proud Member of the Strelok society


Whoa guy with the thumb rings, save some pussy for the rest of us

Welcome to Bed Bath and Beyoncé, if you find anything you like, put a ring on it.

What idiot called them Black Bears instead of African Abearicans
SniperSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2011, 16:39   #22
Janus
 
Janus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Victoria, BC
Send a message via ICQ to Janus Send a message via MSN to Janus
It's perfectly normal to fear the unknown. That's called being human.

Education tends to either mitigate or remove that fear entirely. I used to be completely scared of spiders. Then I did a project in grade four on spiders and I felt way better about them. Sounds stupid? Maybe, but it did change things.

This certainly sucks, though. The CA airsoft scene is pretty awesome, lots of good guys down there. I'd hate for this to happen.
__________________

Age Verifier - Lower Vancouver Island
Brotherhood of Nod - Nod Prime || Vancouver Island Airsoft League - President
Janus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2011, 19:15   #23
sgtskywalker
 
sgtskywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Montreal, Qc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conker View Post
@CR0M:

And again - CRIMINALS DON'T FOLLOW THE F!CKING LAW. If they go as far as robbing a store... do you really think that painting a clearsoft will give them a second though? I don't think so. They'll just paint their clearsoft and rob more people.
So if I follow what you say, we should simply bannish any kind of airsofts in CA, clear as well, so we can stop criminals from painting airsofts for crimes? But again, they are still criminals, so nothing would stop them from finding a way to get airsofts, or even real firearms.
sgtskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2011, 20:14   #24
Shatter
 
Shatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: kommiefornia
Send a message via MSN to Shatter
It's not an "Airsoft ban" like many are making it out to be. What it does is elevate realistically coloured airsoft guns to "imitation firearm" status, which means that in order to buy one in the state of California, you need to be able to prove that you're going to use it for regulated or certified sporting competitions. If you're out of state, you can still do business as usual with retailers, even Californian ones.

Explicitly, it modifies the list of items in California Penal Code section 16700 (b) to exclude BB guns.

http://law.onecle.com/california/penal/16700.html
http://law.onecle.com/california/penal/20165.html
Shatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2011, 15:19   #25
DEATH2000
 
DEATH2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Their is a part in that bill that states that all currently owned Airsoft guns are allowed to remain in their current state, sort of like being "grandfathered". However, it specifically states that you are not allowed to use a "black" airsoft gun at any public field, or out in public. So it appears as though airsoft is now going to become a "collector" sport in California...
__________________
DEATH2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2011, 15:50   #26
CR0M
 
CR0M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hamilton
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATH2000 View Post
Their is a part in that bill that states that all currently owned Airsoft guns are allowed to remain in their current state, sort of like being "grandfathered". However, it specifically states that you are not allowed to use a "black" airsoft gun at any public field, or out in public. So it appears as though airsoft is now going to become a "collector" sport in California...
ha ya, so if thats the issue then just move on shop to nevada... problem fixxed...

so its basically going to be the same way it is here then... big woop
__________________
WBR
CR0M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2011, 16:28   #27
W E W tastronk
 
W E W tastronk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southern Ontario
No, that doesn't fix the problem. Restricting legitimate, responsible owners because of an irrational conclusion does not make any sense and only stops those users from being responsible owners. Criminals will still do what they please, as they are criminals.

This isn't the Bluetooth-While-Driving Cell Phone law, which puts another hand on the steering wheel and actually will save a life or two. All this will do is make people less interested in Airsoft, have wide ranging impact on the culture down there. My understanding is it isn't all that difficult to get a glock down there anyways, so where are the bills and laws addressing that issue?

Fear should never, ever dictate the course of history. Every time it has, it has set us back as a species in many ways. This bill is a perfect example of a solution out of fear, not fact.
__________________
Airsoft Community & Events
http://www.OPR8.com
W E W tastronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2011, 16:46   #28
Shatter
 
Shatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: kommiefornia
Send a message via MSN to Shatter
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATH2000 View Post
Their is a part in that bill that states that all currently owned Airsoft guns are allowed to remain in their current state, sort of like being "grandfathered". However, it specifically states that you are not allowed to use a "black" airsoft gun at any public field, or out in public. So it appears as though airsoft is now going to become a "collector" sport in California...
They eliminated that part of the bill.

http://e-lobbyist.com/gaits/text/241345
Shatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2011, 17:09   #29
Sasha
 
Sasha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ottawa, ON
But if I lived in California, I could still use this.



Problem?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhattyTatty666 View Post
I havent shot anyone in so long so today i shot myself... it's not the same.
Sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2011, 17:25   #30
Jimski
 
Jimski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Quote:
and only stops those users from being responsible owners
nobody cares about that in the gov. the more irresponsible, the more in need of governement supervision, the better.
And then irresponsibility of the minority becomes a good reason for over-regulating the majority.Welcome to the 21st century.
__________________
Jimski is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.