Airsoft Canada
BuyAirsoft

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Kjw glock 23

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old April 26th, 2011, 01:15   #1
noobairsoft
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kitchener
Kjw glock 23

i was looking at getting the KJW GLOCK 23 GBB gun and was wondering if its a good gun
it has a metal slide and all metal internals
its $210 and the extra mag is $50
its from 007 airsoft

is there any other place i can get one for a better price or is that good
also are tokyo maruis legal i was thinking about getting there g18 but people told me there not legal

as you can tell im new to this whole airsoft thing
did paintball
noobairsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2011, 01:22   #2
Mitchell12
vision impaired
 
Mitchell12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: St.John's, NL
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobairsoft View Post
i was looking at getting the KJW GLOCK 23 GBB gun and was wondering if its a good gun
it has a metal slide and all metal internals
its $210 and the extra mag is $50
its from 007 airsoft

is there any other place i can get one for a better price or is that good
also are tokyo maruis legal i was thinking about getting there g18 but people told me there not legal

as you can tell im new to this whole airsoft thing
did paintball
It's alright, Mine has been rock solid performer. There is nothing special about it though. Also that's about the price you'll find it anywhere, Get AV'd and you'll find them cheaper used though, Some of them are almost brand new.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAngrySniper View Post
Simultaneous climax makes me warm and fuzzy all over
Mitchell12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2011, 01:23   #3
Debrief
a.k.a. HKpro
 
Debrief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Deadmonton
"Good Gun"

The KJW is decent, but there are far better Glocks out there.

Tokyo Marui (TM) are excellent guns, and they are legal. (They are illegal to personally import though, read the FAQs for more information) However, you have to be Age Verified in order to access them.
Debrief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2011, 01:33   #4
noobairsoft
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kitchener
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrief View Post
"Good Gun"

The KJW is decent, but there are far better Glocks out there.

Tokyo Marui (TM) are excellent guns, and they are legal. (They are illegal to personally import though, read the FAQs for more information) However, you have to be Age Verified in order to access them.
what do you mean by personal import? im 19 and where would i get it?
noobairsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2011, 01:38   #5
Mitchell12
vision impaired
 
Mitchell12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: St.John's, NL
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobairsoft View Post
what do you mean by personal import? im 19 and where would i get it?
You can't order them from outside Canada, You need to get a retailer to do it. Find an Age Verifier in your area and he'll help you out.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAngrySniper View Post
Simultaneous climax makes me warm and fuzzy all over
Mitchell12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2011, 01:48   #6
noobairsoft
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kitchener
so the age verifier will tell me where i can get TMs
noobairsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2011, 01:55   #7
Mitchell12
vision impaired
 
Mitchell12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: St.John's, NL
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobairsoft View Post
so the age verifier will tell me where i can get TMs
He will grant you access to special portions of this website where people sell that stuff and more.

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=112771

read up a little there, It explains who what when where and why.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAngrySniper View Post
Simultaneous climax makes me warm and fuzzy all over
Mitchell12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2011, 04:11   #8
noobairsoft
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kitchener
See I would like the TM better then the KJW because people say it's really reliable and I've done dome research and it looks easier to get parts for.

Now I just have to wait for the av guy to respond so I can look at them here
noobairsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2011, 04:52   #9
L473ncy
 
L473ncy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 11-30-24-1W5
First generally you can't personally import. You have to get someone else to do the work for you.

Second AV has no legal bearing whatsoever (except possibly in Ontario). This is just a measure implemented by this site. You can purchase from anywhere in Canada you like however as per forum rules we cannot assist non verified members in acquisition (don't want kidiots running around with black "assault rifle machine gun snipers that kill babies puppies kittens and seals"). You may say you're 19 but we can't verify that and ID can easily be faked on the internet (which is why you have to meet the verifier in person).

Third, because this is the largest airsoft forum in Canada you'll have a hard time without AV status because there are a few retailers who deal exclusively within this forum in the AV only sections.

Finally, TM Glock, it's kickass. I haven't shot one of those before but I have played with a TM Hi-Capa once.

Good luck.

PS: AV might take up to a month. You have to figure out a time that you're both free, actually go meet and exchange details and then the AV rep has to submit it to the admins who do update batches once every week or every 2 weeks.

PPS: The KJW isn't "great" it's alright. You can get much better for a little more, or something different for the same price. And then there's always buying used for cheaper or spending a bit more for a package that might include and extra mag or light or any other plethora of goodies.
__________________
ಠ_ಠLess QQ more Pew Pew
READY TO >> RACE
L473ncy is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
BuyAirsoft

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 22:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.