Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Ultimate Bolt Action Sniper

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old April 1st, 2011, 13:09   #16
Ancientblonde
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
I actually live in Alberta XD, I look on Canadian sites though. I live in Edmonton, so I think I will buy The Ultimate Bolt Action Sniper from buyairsoft.ca because they are in Reddeer
__________________
The Hottest And The Meanest Airsofter Is Here
Ancientblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 13:20   #17
SniperSam
 
SniperSam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB
Send a message via AIM to SniperSam Send a message via MSN to SniperSam Send a message via Skype™ to SniperSam
Dont, with the belief you'll be able to game it. It is a terrible clone and a money pit
__________________
Proud Member of the Strelok society


Whoa guy with the thumb rings, save some pussy for the rest of us

Welcome to Bed Bath and Beyoncé, if you find anything you like, put a ring on it.

What idiot called them Black Bears instead of African Abearicans
SniperSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 13:32   #18
Strelok
 
Strelok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brandon Manitoba
I don't think the person here is capable of registering advice.

"Is this good? No? Cause i'm going to buy it no matter what you say"

Nothing new.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2011, 23:48   #19
Taxt
 
Taxt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Toronto
Hi, Have you chronied it yet? I'm getting one and was wondering what it realistically shoots at..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalash View Post
I just picked up an Echo-1 M28 (yes, I'm 18+), threw a Bushnell 3-9 x 40mm scope on it, and I love it. I'm going to write a review ASAP.
Taxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 14:56   #20
Drake
E-01
 
Drake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Montreal, QC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxt View Post
Hi, Have you chronied it yet? I'm getting one and was wondering what it realistically shoots at..
I just chronied mine. Pre-downgraded (Element M125 ST) Canadian version from Garrison Airsoft.

Quick test with .20s gave me 477, 478, 477. With .30s I got consistent 388, 388, 388.

Haven't done anything to it yet besides assemble it.
__________________
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 15:03   #21
Spawn28
I am manly hear me squeek
 
Spawn28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: North Bay The Gateway to Hells Ars!
Send a message via MSN to Spawn28
Hey Drake does yours have the twang to it when it is fired? seems most people who bought the echo1 M28 have this problem and ya me too i did however manage to solve the feeding issue with the plastic mags. Getting roughly the same numbers on the chronie as well im getting 460 with .20 Bastards and 380 with .30 bastards. And trust me when i say this thing is heavy but still very nice rifle to shoot and seems to be very well built i too will be doing a review of this gun as soon as it sees a little bit of game time.

P.S. TOO ANYONE BUYING THIS RIFLE DO NOT LISTEN/WATCH TO THE ASSEMBLY VIDEO RELEASED BY ECHO1 IT IS WRONG! AND WILL CAUSE MIS FEEDING/ FEEDING ISSUES WITH YOUR PLASTIC MAGS!
__________________

Last edited by Spawn28; April 11th, 2011 at 15:09..
Spawn28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 16:14   #22
Taxt
 
Taxt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I just chronied mine. Pre-downgraded (Element M125 ST) Canadian version from Garrison Airsoft.

Quick test with .20s gave me 477, 478, 477. With .30s I got consistent 388, 388, 388.

Haven't done anything to it yet besides assemble it.
Thanks Drake!
Mine came with stock spring installed and Element M125 in the box.
I'm thinking about bringing fps down to 450-480 range, is element spring ok or I should go with something like PDI 260?

Right now seems like whatever I do I can't zero my damn scope on this rifle, have to aim good 2 feet higher (range 90ft), has to be the scope damaged, I tried everything.

Did yours come with only one sling swivel?

Last edited by Taxt; April 11th, 2011 at 16:28..
Taxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 16:16   #23
Taxt
 
Taxt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Toronto
I get that twang too.
How did you fix the feeding issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn28 View Post
Hey Drake does yours have the twang to it when it is fired? seems most people who bought the echo1 M28 have this problem and ya me too i did however manage to solve the feeding issue with the plastic mags.
Taxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 16:41   #24
Spawn28
I am manly hear me squeek
 
Spawn28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: North Bay The Gateway to Hells Ars!
Send a message via MSN to Spawn28
The Twang im still working on pretty sure its gonna be a cylinder swap but the feed issue is in the way the gun goes together remove the 3 screws connecting the barrel to the stock. Then finger tight them down. Now starting with the smallest screw( The one closest to the barrel end) Tighten it down first tight till the barrel touches the stock. Now work your way back tightening the screw by the magwell then finally the one by the trigger. Now for some reason this properly aligns the magwell with the stock and seemd to have solved the feed issue in quite a few M28's now
__________________
Spawn28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 16:51   #25
Taxt
 
Taxt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn28 View Post
The Twang im still working on pretty sure its gonna be a cylinder swap but the feed issue is in the way the gun goes together remove the 3 screws connecting the barrel to the stock. Then finger tight them down. Now starting with the smallest screw( The one closest to the barrel end) Tighten it down first tight till the barrel touches the stock. Now work your way back tightening the screw by the magwell then finally the one by the trigger. Now for some reason this properly aligns the magwell with the stock and seemd to have solved the feed issue in quite a few M28's now
Thanks! I did exactly that, still doesn't feed perfectly (maybe one round per mag misfeeds). These mags are truly terrible!

Last edited by Taxt; April 11th, 2011 at 16:57..
Taxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 17:18   #26
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall
 
TokyoSeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Feed issue fix explained via this video! It helps most people usually. The plastic mags are garbage but the metal mags are not much better in my opinion because its the same shit plastic parts in a metal body.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMVh_...embedded#at=89

Still working on my twang issue. I believe a few changes to some compression components will do it however I still havent been able to source anything compatible at this time.
__________________


"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 17:36   #27
Spawn28
I am manly hear me squeek
 
Spawn28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: North Bay The Gateway to Hells Ars!
Send a message via MSN to Spawn28
Pretty sure the twang noise is due to the thinness(spelling) of the walls of the cylinder because after you rack the bolt if you put a little pressure against the side of the cylinder the twang goes away significantly. Also another possibility is the two nylon rings that hold the cylinder in allignment could be they are a little too lose causing the vibration of cylinder, ie the Twang. Not 100% sure wht the cause is but ill tell ya it freaking getting annoying.

Thanks for the Link T7, I wasnt aware there was a video available.
__________________

Last edited by Spawn28; April 11th, 2011 at 17:40..
Spawn28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 17:42   #28
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall
 
TokyoSeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Dragon64 over at arnies has a pretty helpful thread about the m28.

I suggest anyone who owns one checks it out.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forum...owtopic=192489
__________________


"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 17:43   #29
Spawn28
I am manly hear me squeek
 
Spawn28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: North Bay The Gateway to Hells Ars!
Send a message via MSN to Spawn28
Does he have a fix for the TWANG!?

God its a little issue with a big result AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH its annoying. lol
__________________
Spawn28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 20:04   #30
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall
 
TokyoSeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Saskatoon, SK
He's never mentioned anything about a twang.
I believe once I get a good spring guide in and chance the front cylinder head the twang should hopefully go away. Right now I cant seem to find anything that can work as a suitable cylinder replacement. Laylay spring guides are compatible though.
__________________


"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.