Airsoft Canada
http://www.ultimateairsoft.ca/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Airsoft calories wise: sport or hobby?

:

General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old March 26th, 2011, 15:54   #31
Specs
 
Specs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Victoria City
I highly doubt this. You are probably weighing yourself at a different time of day. In order to get your relative weight you need to eat regularly as well as weigh yourself at the same time. You will probably see that your weight changed very little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kull View Post
All I know is that I can lose as much as 5 pounds in a Milsim on a hot day. Sounds exagerated but the scale at home doesn't lie. Verified it several times. A lot of it is probably water but I drink a lot during a game and we always stop for food and drink on the way back.
__________________


Kingston airsoft, we do it better.
Specs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2011, 16:14   #32
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol
 
Gunny_McSmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: MTL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Specs View Post
I highly doubt this. You are probably weighing yourself at a different time of day. In order to get your relative weight you need to eat regularly as well as weigh yourself at the same time. You will probably see that your weight changed very little.

Yep, I know i can be 5lbs lighter after 1 night of sleep...LOL

Same for height measurement... we are about 5-8cm shorter at the end of a day compared to the morning....

But makes a good placebo effect on some ppl
__________________


Quote:
"A workout isn't easy, but neither is being fat, make the right choice"
Gunny_McSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2011, 16:23   #33
fi3re
 
fi3re's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tdot scarberia
Send a message via MSN to fi3re
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhéron Sombre View Post
I don't know how much but surely much than playing golf!
lol ever try driving range for 2 hours indoors? gets sweaty! but yea no way as much as even 20 minutes of hard airsoft
__________________


TM MP5k PDW -ris, stubby grip, DNTC, electro
KWA USP 45

"SNIPER" is NOT a gun. It is a person. Saying "I use a sniper" is like saying "I fly a pilot".
fi3re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2011, 16:30   #34
Specs
 
Specs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Victoria City
Quote:
Originally Posted by fi3re View Post
lol ever try driving range for 2 hours indoors? gets sweaty! but yea no way as much as even 20 minutes of hard airsoft
if ur getting sweaty golfin' u need to wrk out more....jk
__________________


Kingston airsoft, we do it better.
Specs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2011, 16:53   #35
Airsoft Mum
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Am Scottish, but live in Slovenia
I had a friend who had a breast reduction and lost 5lbs - just a thought - goodbye bitch tits, hello stealthy body....winner, winner, low fat chicken dinner!
Airsoft Mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2011, 17:37   #36
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol
 
Gunny_McSmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: MTL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airsoft Mum View Post
I had a friend who had a breast reduction and lost 5lbs - just a thought - goodbye bitch tits, hello stealthy body....winner, winner, low fat chicken dinner!
A guy?.... wtf...
__________________


Quote:
"A workout isn't easy, but neither is being fat, make the right choice"
Gunny_McSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2011, 01:19   #37
fi3re
 
fi3re's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tdot scarberia
Send a message via MSN to fi3re
Quote:
Originally Posted by Specs View Post
if ur getting sweaty golfin' u need to wrk out more....jk

seriously, have you tried for two hours straight? I think you will know then. I'm not talking marathon running sweaty, but a lot sweatier than you'd think.
__________________


TM MP5k PDW -ris, stubby grip, DNTC, electro
KWA USP 45

"SNIPER" is NOT a gun. It is a person. Saying "I use a sniper" is like saying "I fly a pilot".
fi3re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2011, 01:29   #38
rustysniper
 
rustysniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canal Flats BC
well...if you are doing a realistic impression and carrying a combat load then you will get in shape........
I have worn my Suunto a number of times and have seen sustained 140ish HRs.
Never did a calorie calculation but time in training zone was effective.

So when you guys trying to get in shape using airsoft are making gear choices then lightweight plastic is out....and real steel is in! LOL
__________________
Semper Primus: Always First
rustysniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2011, 01:47   #39
Conker
 
Conker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Canada / Ireland
I tend to wear heavier kit in CQBs... last time I weighted just my gear and gun before the game (with 3L Camelbak filled, 8 metal mags loaded) and if I remember correctly it summed up to about 53 pounds... and I only had fake plates (I'm planning on buying training plates, which weight as much as the real thing, before the summer).

As it's close to my body, I don't feel it that much when running (as opposed to wearing a 55lbs backpack) so it's not much of an issue. But then I'm young, I'm not too sure it'll be the same in 30 years XD

So... yeah, depends on the gear. I know some people who play with no LBE at all, just 3 highcaps in their pockets. I'm pretty sure they sweat much less...



Considering my two main hobbies (besides chairsofting) are airsoft and hiking, I train with these activities in mind... it happened a few times that I wore my PACA with plates filled with sand (under a sweater of course) and a 30lbs backpack when doing my morning 5km run. That helps a bit, cause just going to a few games definitely wouldn't be enough to stay in shape.

Last edited by Conker; March 27th, 2011 at 01:51..
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2011, 00:21   #40
Fong242
 
Fong242's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sainte-Julie
Okay, for those wondering about the calories:
- 3h30 of skirmish (from the start of the first briefing to unloading all my gear at the end)
- 25 pounds of gear
- total distance traveled 1.65 km (it was indoor so the GPS reading might not be super accurate...)
- Avg heart rate 130 bpm
- 832 calories burned, less than a 50 minute jog!

Hope it helps!
Fong
Fong242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2011, 08:40   #41
BoGrain
représentant officiel de
     WW2Quebec
 
BoGrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Quebec city
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fong242 View Post
Okay, for those wondering about the calories:
- 3h30 of skirmish (from the start of the first briefing to unloading all my gear at the end)
- 25 pounds of gear
- total distance traveled 1.65 km (it was indoor so the GPS reading might not be super accurate...)
- Avg heart rate 130 bpm
- 832 calories burned, less than a 50 minute jog!

Hope it helps!
Fong
that is interesting data - If the skirmish would have been outdoor I am sure the calories burned would be much higher.
__________________
BoGrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2011, 17:10   #42
Raskas
formerly Someone110
 
Raskas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Dorval/Montreal
I dunno, it was gummy, oily sand where we played, makes running about twice as hard as it needs to be. Unless you're outdoors on a beach, I'd say it would be about the same.
__________________
Raskas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2011, 17:20   #43
Mapcinq
 
Mapcinq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Markham, Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Mapcinq
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny_McSmith View Post
Yep, I know i can be 5lbs lighter after 1 night of sleep...LOL

Same for height measurement... we are about 5-8cm shorter at the end of a day compared to the morning....

But makes a good placebo effect on some ppl
5-8 cm? I dont think so... Maybe .5 - .8
Mapcinq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2011, 17:28   #44
BoGrain
représentant officiel de
     WW2Quebec
 
BoGrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Quebec city
Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone110 View Post
I dunno, it was gummy, oily sand where we played, makes running about twice as hard as it needs to be. Unless you're outdoors on a beach, I'd say it would be about the same.
depends if you play in the woods and the wood is very dense; it is actually harder than just having unstable ground. One thing is for sure playing in the winter, it is way harder and you much more energy.
__________________

Last edited by BoGrain; March 30th, 2011 at 17:30..
BoGrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2011, 05:46   #45
Jayne Finch
 
Jayne Finch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: my field mostly. seems that way at least.
this is heading for a CQB vs. Outdoor argument. sit back and watch kids. shit's 'bout to get realz
__________________
--------------------------------------------------------
"bitches don't know 'bout my killing zombies!"

"Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet."

"i don't have a license to kill. but i have a learners permit!"
Jayne Finch is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
http://www.ultimateairsoft.ca/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 18:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.