Airsoft Canada
AirsoftParts.ca

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Dual Wield?

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old February 10th, 2011, 08:36   #16
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith
 
CDN_Stalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ont.
Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
I think it's stupid, you'll miss more so the double ammo load will end up being the same as having one mag of ammo, without the ease of reloading. Better to ust learn to shoot with both hands and be done with it.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2011, 09:21   #17
Kurgan
 
Kurgan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fredericton, NB
Send a message via MSN to Kurgan
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.T.Z View Post
not without a special rig
That's what she said..
__________________
On the seventh day when God rested, we overran his perimeter and we've been running the show ever since....
Kurgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2011, 09:23   #18
teriases
 
teriases's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Missisauga, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belaslav View Post
Okay, maybe I will sound like an idiot for a sec, but... dual wielding is one thing, but how the hell do you reload? Is it actually possible to reload each weapon with one hand?
Watch tomb raider 2. Special reload belt with mags fitted pointing up on both sides. Just eject empty mag and slam those babies down for another clip.
teriases is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2011, 09:29   #19
coach
aka coachster
 
coach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: T dot
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
I think it's stupid, you'll miss more so the double ammo load will end up being the same as having one mag of ammo, without the ease of reloading. Better to ust learn to shoot with both hands and be done with it.
I know I have a better picture of this but, dual reload system for g17 :



so if you think about it, 2 g17's loaded = 50 rounds, 2 on the holster = 50 rounds, plus 2 50 round mags sticking up in side pouches = 100 rounds.

200 rounds total = more hollywood moments.


But yeah, not practical in anything but a theme game or pistols only skirmish.


Quote:
Originally Posted by teriases View Post
Watch tomb raider 2. Special reload belt with mags fitted pointing up on both sides. Just eject empty mag and slam those babies down for another clip.
watch Equilibrium!
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2011, 09:49   #20
teriases
 
teriases's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Missisauga, Ontario
Ah shit forgot about that movie lol! It was one of the best movie but I think it was a little too matrix inspired, main character dress, talk, acted like neo :0
Btw... Is that reload system urs...?
teriases is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2011, 09:50   #21
Juke16
 
Juke16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto
Watch Black Lagoon or this clip: YouTube - A Better Tomorrow II (1987) part1 (excellent use of full auto + hand gun in youtube clip)
Juke16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2011, 10:41   #22
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy
 
Kozzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
Do yourself a favour and leave the dual wielding to Mitchel YouTube - Dual Nerf Maverick String Mod


I know what you're thinking....... no this would not be a good thing to do with 2 spring pistols!

Last edited by Kozzie; February 10th, 2011 at 10:44..
Kozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2011, 10:58   #23
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D
 
Brian McIlmoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto
The best part about people who dual wield pistols..

They think they look cool, but they really look stupid.. and they can't hit anything..

mostly they blow off both mags ... stand there wondering what to do next and get shot.
__________________
Brian McIlmoyle
TTAC3 Director
CAPS Range Officer
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2011, 11:10   #24
coach
aka coachster
 
coach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: T dot
Quote:
Originally Posted by teriases View Post
Ah shit forgot about that movie lol! It was one of the best movie but I think it was a little too matrix inspired, main character dress, talk, acted like neo :0
Btw... Is that reload system urs...?
yes! conceptualized and made by Duckman but modified by me to be even better.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2011, 11:29   #25
Invasian
Likes it BOLD attention whore MAXIMUS!
 
Invasian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: No Dancing Girls - Mtl
I obviously know the practicality of using only 1 handgun at a time however i have actually had several successes dual wielding......I play at an indoor CQB paintball arena with lots of small rooms and covered areas on a relatively short field....when i run my Xtreme sometimes i also grab my 4.3.... i use the xtreme for suppressive fire, making my targets either duck or move, and then i catch them with my 4.3 ...extremely effective...... i usually end up taking out 5-6 targets before i need to reload....which is obviously a massive bitch.....but i won't lie....i have major fun doing so.....not about looking cool....for me.....in skirmish type environments, its about having as much fun as possible.....not trying to emulate the fundamentals of magpul dynamics.

Last edited by Invasian; February 10th, 2011 at 11:35..
Invasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2011, 11:36   #26
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D
 
Brian McIlmoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invasian View Post
I play at an indoor CQB paintball arena with lots of small rooms and covered areas on a relatively short field....when i run my Xtreme sometimes i also grab my 4.3.... i use the xtreme for suppressive fire, making my targets either duck or move, and then i catch them with my 4.3 ...extremely effective...... i usually end up taking out 5-6 targets before i need to reload.
yes... but I expect this would work less well.. if you loaded realcap in your mags.. which is required for play at my facility.
__________________
Brian McIlmoyle
TTAC3 Director
CAPS Range Officer
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2011, 11:40   #27
Invasian
Likes it BOLD attention whore MAXIMUS!
 
Invasian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: No Dancing Girls - Mtl
very true..... the folks over here are not nearly as strict on ammo limits especially for skirms....although the idea has been proposed and discussed....brings more realism into consideration. As a CAPS certified player, i can completely relate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
yes... but I expect this would work less well.. if you loaded realcap in your mags.. which is required for play at my facility.
Invasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2011, 11:47   #28
cloves
 
cloves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Charlottetown, PEI
i know a guy who dual wields two mac11's VERY effectively. It looks very hollywood at times...but he makes it work for him.
__________________
Inside me is a thin woman, screaming to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with chocolate.
cloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2011, 12:22   #29
Styrak
 
Styrak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Don't buy another gun and use two.
Buy more mags. MUCH more effective.
__________________

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2011, 13:00   #30
AS92-RD
 
AS92-RD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Longueuil, Québec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozzie View Post
Do yourself a favour and leave the dual wielding to Mitchel YouTube - Dual Nerf Maverick String Mod


I know what you're thinking....... no this would not be a good thing to do with 2 spring pistols!
Nerf Hax.
AS92-RD is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
AirsoftParts.ca

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.