Airsoft Canada
AirsoftParts.ca

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

What is the advantage of Full Metal?

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old February 2nd, 2011, 11:19   #46
Strelok
 
Strelok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brandon Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtraExtra View Post
all metal is so cool but do you not need some sort of a permit from some chief of some desk?
Someone needs to do his research.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2011, 11:35   #47
DEATH2000
 
DEATH2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtraExtra View Post
all metal is so cool but do you not need some sort of a permit from some chief of some desk?
A Metal receiver is a restricted item for import. Only certain retailers with the appropriate licensing can bring them into the country. But once their in the country you can buy them at any retailer with no problems (except cost). You don't need a permit of any kind to own one.

And you were referring to the Chief Firearms Officer or CFO.
__________________
DEATH2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2011, 11:48   #48
SteelToe
AKA ExtraExtra
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario
sorry i was referring to an all metal instead of those that have a tinted plastic? if all metal, you need a permit to own this? did i get this right?
SteelToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2011, 11:52   #49
Amos
 
Amos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tokushima, Japan
Send a message via MSN to Amos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtraExtra View Post
sorry i was referring to an all metal instead of those that have a tinted plastic? if all metal, you need a permit to own this? did i get this right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATH2000 View Post
A Metal receiver is a restricted item for import. Only certain retailers with the appropriate licensing can bring them into the country. But once their in the country you can buy them at any retailer with no problems (except cost). You don't need a permit of any kind to own one.

And you were referring to the Chief Firearms Officer or CFO.
^----
__________________
Custom Builds:
FA3674U
Krinkov
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2011, 12:28   #50
SteelToe
AKA ExtraExtra
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario
ok. i re-read the big ol q&a again so i guess the ownership part and ambiguity of the law made it not easy to understand. thanks.
SteelToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2011, 01:53   #51
Cokeman
a.k.a. az29okg
 
Cokeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ontario
Thanks for everybody's response. I've just ordered my new gun today. Its a full metal ICS (ICS-128 SIR Crane Stock). I also ordered a M120 spring at the same time (stock is a M100 spring).
Cokeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2011, 12:36   #52
Kuro_Neko
 
Kuro_Neko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland
Send a message via ICQ to Kuro_Neko Send a message via AIM to Kuro_Neko Send a message via MSN to Kuro_Neko Send a message via Yahoo to Kuro_Neko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
Thanks for everybody's response. I've just ordered my new gun today. Its a full metal ICS (ICS-128 SIR Crane Stock). I also ordered a M120 spring at the same time (stock is a M100 spring).
Hopefully from in country. I know it was mentioned several times, but considering the potential loss it's good to be clear. A full metal ICS will not make it across the border, no matter what the retailer claims. If you ordered from someone in country, great, elsewise I advise quickly canceling the order to get your money back.
__________________
Kuro_Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2011, 00:15   #53
Cokeman
a.k.a. az29okg
 
Cokeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuro_Neko View Post
Hopefully from in country. I know it was mentioned several times, but considering the potential loss it's good to be clear. A full metal ICS will not make it across the border, no matter what the retailer claims. If you ordered from someone in country, great, elsewise I advise quickly canceling the order to get your money back.
Ordered from Mach1 Airsoft in Toronto. Last I checked, Toronto was the centre of Canada :^>
Cokeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2011, 11:39   #54
SteelToe
AKA ExtraExtra
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario
Which is better? AEG or GBBR for a full metal?
SteelToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2011, 11:45   #55
Grrxmaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: P.E.I.
Send a message via MSN to Grrxmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtraExtra View Post
Which is better? AEG or GBBR for a full metal?
There is no better (and both AEG's and GBBR's can be full metal). It's dependent upon preference.
Grrxmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2011, 11:47   #56
Rugger_can
 
Rugger_can's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Downtown Ottawa
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtraExtra View Post
Which is better? AEG or GBBR for a full metal?
Although many will argue this.


There is no better, just different. Different applications, different feels, different features.


the best way to help you decide on what purchase you wish is a simple 3 step process.


Step 1

Choose the Look you like. Look is important in airsoft. If you like the look of the *whatever* go with it.

Step 2

Research the brands and models that manufacture the "look" you like. Read reviews and do some searching about the problems end users have discovered. Research multiple brands and types. Also make sure that the "look" you chose is the right for the application you want, if it is not then go back to step 1.


Step 3

Research retailers. Find a retailer your comfortable and a price you can agree upon. Investigate retailers options for future business (like accessories or mags ect) and decide on the source that suits your needs.


Step 4

Have fun.



Do these steps. When / If you hit a snag along the line then come to the forums and ask questions.
Rugger_can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2011, 12:42   #57
Danke
 
Danke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Danger Zone
Step 5 (now this one takes some practice)
Get one of each AEG, GBBR, and everything in between.
__________________
Airsoft, where nothing is hurt but feelings.
Danke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2011, 13:27   #58
DEATH2000
 
DEATH2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
Step 5 (now this one takes some practice)
Get one of each AEG, GBBR, and everything in between.
I second this. However, make sure you do this BEFORE you get a wife. Still possible, but make sure you have a comfy couch.
__________________
DEATH2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2011, 13:33   #59
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall
 
TokyoSeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtraExtra View Post
Which is better? AEG or GBBR for a full metal?
Whats better? Apples or orange?

I want a minimum 1500 word essay double spaced with cited research sources in CBE citation format.

Give me the answer to my question and I will give you the answer to yours.
__________________


"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2011, 13:46   #60
Pinard
formerly Contractor 6-8, CptPinard17eRAM
 
Pinard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Quebec, Saint-Hyacinthe
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
Whats better? Apples or orange?

I want a minimum 1500 word essay double spaced with cited research sources in CBE citation format.

Give me the answer to my question and I will give you the answer to yours.
/thread
__________________
Retired chairsofter
Pinard is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
AirsoftParts.ca

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.