Airsoft Canada
007 Licence to Shoot

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Hello everyone, I'm kind of new to Airsoft (I Paintball)

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old November 26th, 2010, 20:56   #1
The101Factor
 
The101Factor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Orangeville Ontario
Send a message via MSN to The101Factor
Smile Hello everyone, I'm kind of new to Airsoft (I Paintball)

Well here I am after weeks of being nagged by my buddies to try Airsoft. So I have come here looking for a good M4A1 Carbine type gun with RIS and a retractable stock (Being a MilSim player I have all my optics and stuff just need the Airsoft gun.)
Also can Airsoft guns fire Paintballs? Just in case I want to bring the rain on some Paintball chaps back in Southern Ontario.
Anyways, thanks in advance and go easy on me.
The101Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2010, 21:14   #2
R.I.T.Z
Crackers
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Barrie
Quote:
Originally Posted by The101Factor View Post
Well here I am after weeks of being nagged by my buddies to try Airsoft. So I have come here looking for a good M4A1 Carbine type gun with RIS and a retractable stock (Being a MilSim player I have all my optics and stuff just need the Airsoft gun.)
Also can Airsoft guns fire Paintballs? Just in case I want to bring the rain on some Paintball chaps back in Southern Ontario.
Anyways, thanks in advance and go easy on me.
point 1, this website has what is called "age verification" that proves you are 18, you go out and meet a age verifier. through this process you have access to retailers and the classifieds where you can get any m4.

point 2, no they cannot, paintballs are .68 cal and bb's are 6mm two different sizes. that being said there are "marker" bb's available but the general consensus is to stay away simply because the gum up your internals and are more pain then they are worth.
__________________
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here."
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2010, 23:13   #3
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical
 
Cobrajr122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NB
Hey, Welcome to the forums. Glad you have decided to come to the light! lol

As RITZ has said, getting an M4, or any airsoft weapon is as easy as getting age verified with us. There is an unimaginable amount of rifles for sale used and new on/through this site. ESPECIALLY M4s :P

Please take some time to read all of the FAQs in the FAQ section, there is VERY important information there for you, including information on how to get Age Verified.
Also included in the FAQs is information about what NOT to buy from outside Canada - I suggest this be one of your first reads.

One thing you will find on ASC is that we are not here to spoonfeed you. Please show some initiative and research topics on your own, pretty much any question you can think of has been asked before, so please use the search function up top

Have fun, and welcome to the sport
Good luck!
Cobrajr122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2010, 23:40   #4
The101Factor
 
The101Factor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Orangeville Ontario
Send a message via MSN to The101Factor
Sadly, I am only 15 so my Dad will have to buy the gun for me which is a bummer but hey, what can you do? Anyways the reason I said the Airsoft/Paintball thing is because my old MilSim broke on me and I want to try out Airsoft MilSim, but I am still loyal to my Paintball team who most certainly need me (Team Leader).
Also to add to Mr.Meanie first poster: Gas Airsoft guns can fire Paint rounds just as well as Paintball guns just my problem floats around the FPS cap for Paintball so I'm think two different type of Gases for my gun allowing me to use it for PB purposes when required yet still kick some arse during Airsoft.
The101Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2010, 23:54   #5
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"
 
pusangani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Scarbrah, Ontario
What the fuck are you talking about kid?

Gas airsoft guns shooting paintballs?

Yes as stated earlier, there are 6mm paintballs available but they are not recommended as they can fuck up your internals/hopup etc.

If you want to play paintball use a paintball gun, which you should stick to until you turn 18.
__________________
pusangani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2010, 00:06   #6
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical
 
Cobrajr122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NB
Quote:
Originally Posted by The101Factor View Post
Sadly, I am only 15 so my Dad will have to buy the gun for me which is a bummer but hey, what can you do? Anyways the reason I said the Airsoft/Paintball thing is because my old MilSim broke on me and I want to try out Airsoft MilSim, but I am still loyal to my Paintball team who most certainly need me (Team Leader).
Also to add to Mr.Meanie first poster: Gas Airsoft guns can fire Paint rounds just as well as Paintball guns just my problem floats around the FPS cap for Paintball so I'm think two different type of Gases for my gun allowing me to use it for PB purposes when required yet still kick some arse during Airsoft.
Well, being 15 is a problem.

Having your father buy your rifle through this site for you is against the rules. Its circumventing the AV system.

As for gas guns shooting the 6mm marker rounds, that is more dangerous then an AEG shooting the rounds. When the bolt cycles, it puts tremendous pressure on the round to push it out of the mag and into the hop up chamber.
This is compared to the weaker pressure of the AEG mag simply pushing the marker round into the breach of the AEG and it is them pushed into the hopup chamber by the nozzle. Though safer - it is still not recommended due to intolerance in the marker rounds. Most will be fine, but when one breaks, your barrel will be fucked, and the paint will be sucked into the mechbox, then that gets gummed up and is a bitch to clean.

I found out about airsoft when I was 14, and I could not play until I was 18. Please take your time and WAIT. Spend time on thiese forums and READ READ READ READ READ READ. Believe me when I say that the community will see you better for it.

Continue to play paintball until you are 18, or can play at the rare game where people that are 16 are allowed to play.

Last edited by Cobrajr122; November 27th, 2010 at 00:15..
Cobrajr122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2010, 00:08   #7
The101Factor
 
The101Factor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Orangeville Ontario
Send a message via MSN to The101Factor
Okay, I see your point so Paintball for training and fun until I'm 18, and until then research and ask questions. Sounds Fair enough.
The101Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2010, 00:11   #8
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical
 
Cobrajr122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NB
Quote:
Originally Posted by The101Factor View Post
Okay, I see your point so Paintball for training and fun until I'm 18, and until then research and ask questions. Sounds Fair enough.
You have made a great decision, very mature of you.

again - welcome to the forums, please enjoy learning about the sport!
Cobrajr122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2010, 00:12   #9
The101Factor
 
The101Factor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Orangeville Ontario
Send a message via MSN to The101Factor
Heh, thanks for the cheery welcome.
The101Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2010, 00:27   #10
The101Factor
 
The101Factor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Orangeville Ontario
Send a message via MSN to The101Factor
Anyways back to the topic of Airsoft since I do MilSim Paintball/woodsball and we use a Mag System now (Took for ever for someone to do that) so I have FLYE RRV Khaki with the MBSS Backplate with a Hydration/back pack hybrid, two dual double M16/4 Mag pouches, Radio pouch, Admin Pouch, and some grenade pouches.
I think I'll keep that vest until its useless or totally ruined, but yeah for Airsoft I'm thinking of a M4, and M14 EBR since I'm more of DM type.
The101Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2010, 00:32   #11
R.I.T.Z
Crackers
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Barrie
Quote:
Originally Posted by The101Factor View Post
Sadly, I am only 15 so my Dad will have to buy the gun for me which is a bummer but hey, what can you do? Anyways the reason I said the Airsoft/Paintball thing is because my old MilSim broke on me and I want to try out Airsoft MilSim, but I am still loyal to my Paintball team who most certainly need me (Team Leader).
Also to add to Mr.Meanie first poster: Gas Airsoft guns can fire Paint rounds just as well as Paintball guns just my problem floats around the FPS cap for Paintball so I'm think two different type of Gases for my gun allowing me to use it for PB purposes when required yet still kick some arse during Airsoft.
1. how was that mean in any way?
i pointed out the facts in a simple matter, clear and concise. all the members reiterated and supported the fact.

2. what your probably thinking is these

they are not airsoft.
they are mag fed paintball guns

3. anyways welcome to the community, and seems like you made the wise choice as to wait.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The101Factor View Post
Anyways back to the topic of Airsoft since I do MilSim Paintball/woodsball and we use a Mag System now (Took for ever for someone to do that) so I have FLYE RRV Khaki with the MBSS Backplate with a Hydration/back pack hybrid, two dual double M16/4 Mag pouches, Radio pouch, Admin Pouch, and some grenade pouches.
I think I'll keep that vest until its useless or totally ruined, but yeah for Airsoft I'm thinking of a M4, and M14 EBR since I'm more of DM type.
the vest you have is plenty good for both sports.
the m14 ebr is a great rifle (as long as you use a TM base)
though you can get a M4 and make it a DMR or SPR quite easily
__________________
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here."
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2010, 00:34   #12
The101Factor
 
The101Factor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Orangeville Ontario
Send a message via MSN to The101Factor
Yeah, I have T68 nice but not so nice, and sorry about that remark. I was flustered and your attitude didn't help to much, sorry.
Funny though, don't see many guys doing a C7 or C8 load out. =/

Last edited by The101Factor; November 27th, 2010 at 00:39..
The101Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2010, 00:46   #13
Assault Pioneer
formerly haakon45
 
Assault Pioneer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Edmonton AB
Quote:
Originally Posted by The101Factor View Post
Yeah, I have T68 nice but not so nice, and sorry about that remark. I was flustered and your attitude didn't help to much, sorry.
you'll find that many people in this community are VERY to the point. no one adds fluff or anything extra it's "this is how it is" answers for everything you could say we don't fuck around, the biggest mistake of many newcomers such as yourself mistake this for being rude or giving you attitude, it's not. all answers are going to be straight forward and to the point on here, we are adults, if you think someones being a dick on here their probably not, it will take getting used to believe me when I say alot of people on here are the last people on earth you want to argue with or tell off. your new, we've been around here for years, we don't need to be polite if we don't want to, and we don't, newbies get angry and scream then leave, and asc carries on completely unaffected. if it gets to you this is just a heads up, people will feed that fire.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
Wow, best derailed thread, ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
Don't take weapons training from a book. It ranks right up there with people who think they know guns from watching a Chris Costa video.
Assault Pioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2010, 00:54   #14
R.I.T.Z
Crackers
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Barrie
Quote:
Originally Posted by The101Factor View Post
Yeah, I have T68 nice but not so nice, and sorry about that remark. I was flustered and your attitude didn't help to much, sorry.
Funny though, don't see many guys doing a C7 or C8 load out. =/
thats because a C7 or C8 is very difficult to do, simply because everyone tries to be balls on accurate. the receiver I've noticed is the biggest gripe of most because getting the trademarks is hard.
and as AP said there was no attitude i just plainly and simply pointed out my points. if you came here and expected for everything to be sugar coated for you because your new. well your looking in the wrong place. we state simple facts plain and simple. as suggested read the FAQ's the'll answer alot, and use the search button it'll more then likely turn up results and answers relevant to what you need.
__________________
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here."
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2010, 00:54   #15
VooDooPeteK
 
VooDooPeteK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Thorold, Ont
Its funny to see someone say they are 15 then see replies to a post made be said person that contain foul language......

Should this not be a sign to keep the foul language to a minimum?

Anyone to the OP, fill out your profile more ( you location to be more specific ), although you are only 15 that's doesn't mean you can't come to some games and meet people and see whats going on. I personally suggest you do this when you are young then by the time you can play you have a re pore with the players already.
VooDooPeteK is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
007 Licence to Shoot

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.