Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

This gun I have....

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old August 2nd, 2010, 21:59   #1
Matfox
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
This gun I have....

A couple of months ago, my friend had given me his old airsoft gun. I have hardly used it since then. Two weeks ago another friend told me to check you guys out, and I am fully intending to go get age verified and play at events. (in a month when I am 18). But there is one thing I have noticed. The gun that I would probably use the one my friend gave me, is fully black. That means it is not allowed in Canada correct?. As in my opinion the gun works fine and I like it. What I'm wondering is if, would I be able to play with this gun at an event, or would that be not allowed?
Matfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2010, 22:21   #2
Short Round
Najohn
 
Short Round's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: SkyDome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matfox View Post
A couple of months ago, my friend had given me his old airsoft gun. I have hardly used it since then. Two weeks ago another friend told me to check you guys out, and I am fully intending to go get age verified and play at events. (in a month when I am 18). But there is one thing I have noticed. The gun that I would probably use the one my friend gave me, is fully black. That means it is not allowed in Canada correct?. As in my opinion the gun works fine and I like it. What I'm wondering is if, would I be able to play with this gun at an event, or would that be not allowed?
YES, you would be able to play with your gun at fields. Its a grey area when it comes to owning a black gun here in Canada. Mostly everyone owns and plays with an all black (including myself) though.

Now since your 18 in a month just wait till then too start playing, you are allowed to play if your under the age however, its ultimately up too the host, your parents, and the workers at the field to decide if you get to play or not.
__________________


P90's 101 Guide
Short Round is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2010, 22:24   #3
Matfox
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Najohn View Post
YES, you would be able to play with your gun at fields. Its a grey area when it comes to owning a black gun here in Canada. Mostly everyone owns and plays with an all black (including myself) though.

Now since your 18 in a month just wait till then too start playing, you are allowed to play if your under the age however, its ultimately up too the host, your parents, and the workers at the field to decide if you get to play or not.
Oh alright thanks. I am going to respect the age law, and wait until I am 18 to really use it at all. Until then. Thanks
Matfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2010, 22:39   #4
DarkAngel
* Age Verifier status suspended *
 
DarkAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Scarborough
Send a message via MSN to DarkAngel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Najohn View Post
Its a grey area when it comes to owning a black gun here in Canada.
That is 100% incorrect.

It is fully legal to own and use black + full metal Airsoft guns in Canada.

Its only illegal to import them without a BFL.
__________________

Certified Sniper Clinic Instructor and Counter Sniper
Sentinel Arms Customs - Specializing In Unique, One of a kind guns
DarkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2010, 22:40   #5
Forever_kaos
 
Forever_kaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mississauga.
Basically treat it as if it was real and you will have no problems with said full black gun

Being full black means nothing except that it's a no no for importation.

Check out the Media section, pictures of full black goodness is there

Welcome to ASC, hope you enjoy your stay!
Forever_kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2010, 23:10   #6
L473ncy
 
L473ncy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 11-30-24-1W5
It's rare to see a minor actually abiding by the community rules and even though you already have a gun (I'm not going to ask how or why so don't say anything).

May I suggest that you familiarize yourself with the FAQ section and until then wait patiently (or if the itch to get out and play is too strong ask a host nicely).

There's still lots of time before the season shuts down and you have to play at indoor CQB venues so if the host says wait till 18 then it's only a month. Although you can ask the host/admin nicely if you can play and if they say yes then you're all good. Some may set stipulations like parents must be present (either in the safe zone or playing with you on the field) or somesuch (some hosts don't like being "babysitters" while the parents fuck off to wherever they go) and even others only ask a parent be present to sign the waiver.

Good luck and have fun. I have a feeling you'll be a welcome part of the community.
__________________
ಠ_ಠLess QQ more Pew Pew
READY TO >> RACE
L473ncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2010, 23:57   #7
Short Round
Najohn
 
Short Round's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: SkyDome
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
That is 100% incorrect.

It is fully legal to own and use black + full metal Airsoft guns in Canada.

Its only illegal to import them without a BFL.
My bad, I worded it poorly, the above is what I meant I just assumed he had read the FAQs already we he seemingly has done so far
__________________


P90's 101 Guide
Short Round is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2010, 23:58   #8
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe
 
ThunderCactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Calgary...now with less oil industry than eco-hipster Vancouver
Check your field rules, some fields allow minors to play with a parent or legal guardian present, or with their written consent
__________________
Tamiya connectors suck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swatt13 View Post
i never understood why the oil refinery had a brothel... i never see them at the refineries i work at this is bull!
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 20:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.