Airsoft Canada
www.jsairsoft.com

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

best 20g BB brand ? Biodegradable

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old July 4th, 2010, 23:46   #1
Phileas Fogg
formerly Fileasfog
 
Phileas Fogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
best 20g BB brand ? Biodegradable

Hello,
I am new to the hobby / sport, I have read many posts about what not to buy ie. Canadian tire and Walmart BBs.

I just purchased a cyma thompson shooter and am wondering what BB brand is the best?
Are all brands biodegrable?
If not which is the best biodegradable brand?

cheers.
Phileas Fogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2010, 23:53   #2
tehmedic
 
tehmedic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Regina, SK
BB Bastards are the best i've ever used. They have their biodegradable product line but its a bit more expensive.

personally i use Green Devils Bio bbs
__________________
"Rob you see them over there?"
"One on the right hand side here"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIyIKPK0eDE
tehmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2010, 23:54   #3
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall
 
TokyoSeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Saskatoon, SK
BB bastard makes some top quality product when it comes to BBs. Their eco line may be exactly what your looking for.

http://www.bbbastard.com/

There are lotsa other brands out there as well but this should get ya started.
__________________


"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2010, 00:39   #4
Amos
 
Amos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tokushima, Japan
Send a message via MSN to Amos
I'm very fond of the BB Eco-Bastard line at $15 for 2000 you can't go wrong!
__________________
Custom Builds:
FA3674U
Krinkov
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2010, 02:29   #5
J-Man19
 
J-Man19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Calgary AB
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehmedic View Post
BB Bastards are the best i've ever used. They have their biodegradable product line but its a bit more expensive.

personally i use Green Devils Bio bbs
+1 I love my green devils. PM Darklan
J-Man19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2010, 19:49   #6
Rabbit
formerly FrankieCees, Remylebeau
 
Rabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hamilton
Ive seen some biodegradable bbs that look like clumps of dirt..

with bio bbs is the trajectory of the bb affected at all?

Do the white ones fly any better or worse?
__________________
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2010, 19:56   #7
Thanh
AKA Tsquared
 
Thanh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehmedic View Post
BB Bastards are the best i've ever used. They have their biodegradable product line but its a bit more expensive.

personally i use Green Devils Bio bbs
Another noob question on the side, why would someone want to pay more money to get bio bbs. What's the benefit other then helping the planet. If I'm not playing in my own backyard why would I care?
Thanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2010, 20:20   #8
tehmedic
 
tehmedic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Regina, SK
because i would rather not play in a field that has 2 feet deep of white bbs
__________________
"Rob you see them over there?"
"One on the right hand side here"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIyIKPK0eDE
tehmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2010, 20:25   #9
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall
 
TokyoSeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Saskatoon, SK
There is the possibility that some owners of a playing fields would prefer if their property was not littered with hundreds of thousands of bbs. Perhaps a venue came up where there was a chance for people to play airsoft on a historical site and the owners have requested the use of bio BBs in order to keep the facility looking close to what it originally was so that people may continue to host events there.
__________________


"Its only a little bit on fire"

Last edited by TokyoSeven; July 5th, 2010 at 20:28..
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2010, 21:01   #10
Boyso
a.k.a. LastSpartan
 
Boyso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Québec city
Send a message via MSN to Boyso
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanh View Post
Another noob question on the side, why would someone want to pay more money to get bio bbs. What's the benefit other then helping the planet. If I'm not playing in my own backyard why would I care?
I don't know for you, but I see this as a huge benefit.
__________________
NEW BACON FOR SALE!

"WHEN I DIE
BURY ME
UPSIDE DOWN
SO THE WORLD
CAN KISS MY ASS"
-Platoon

Boyso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2010, 21:34   #11
Thanh
AKA Tsquared
 
Thanh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastSpartan View Post
I don't know for you, but I see this as a huge benefit.
That's really not helpful information there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
There is the possibility that some owners of a playing fields would prefer if their property was not littered with hundreds of thousands of bbs. Perhaps a venue came up where there was a chance for people to play airsoft on a historical site and the owners have requested the use of bio BBs in order to keep the facility looking close to what it originally was so that people may continue to host events there.
Yeah that makes sense.
Thanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2010, 21:58   #12
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard
 
Scarecrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tottenham
Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecrow
Not to be partisan, but there are reasons for eco-friendly BBs that break down that have to do with stewardship of the land and land remediation.

Jihad Joe, out in Alberta, owner of Plastic Soldier Airsoft posted the following on the JOCAirsoft website in respect to land remediation:

Quote:
While oil and petro chemicals are frequently refered to in land remediation, is due to the fact that gas stations and petro chemical stations were being decomitioned with leaky storage tanks.

As the environmental sectors of the gov’t have expanded enforcement to include secondary petro chemical products including STYRENE which is classed as a monocyclic aromatic hydro carbon and is thus classed as a petro chemical.
Now as these regs are new there will most likely be a grandfather clause for exsisting styrene contaminate that can be put in place as aslong as the landowner was diligent in changing to the new regs upon enforcement and that the buyer doesnt object.

here is a nunavut land remediation reg that mentions styrene as a remediatable substance. in this link go to page 30 http://www.gov.nu.ca/env/Contaminate...ion%202010.pdf

here is a link to law times discussing this trend


http://www.lawtimesnews.com/20090615...ediation-rules

most provinces are starting to head this way so our styrene bb days are going to end at some point..

SILICA being BIO INERT is not under the class of contaminations...

But this thread was not about eco bbs it was about the silica...

i have hundreds of bags of eco bbs that we can all use anyway..

hehehe

jihad joe
Styrene BBs will eventually go the way of the do-do bird due to the liability that will exist to remediate lands after use. How and when this occurs will mostly be a political process as the laws are changed to enforce this over time. This is a provincial area of responsibility under Ministries of the Environment and lands management agencies. Each province looks to other provinces for precedents and direction, and the influence is already beginning, as witnessed in those two posted links. I highly recommend the reading if you're a land owner or hoster, its a bit of an eye opener.

See reference below:


... this is an example of some of the information covered in the courses at www.asucanada.com

Jay
__________________
LIKE us on Facebook!!

Last edited by Scarecrow; July 6th, 2010 at 08:17..
Scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2010, 11:34   #13
sewktbk
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Montreal, QC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanh View Post
Another noob question on the side, why would someone want to pay more money to get bio bbs. What's the benefit other then helping the planet. If I'm not playing in my own backyard why would I care?

You for real? do you really need ANOTHER benefit? why is "helping the planet" negligible? not trying to turn this into an environment debate, but common. Its like recycling; Its not even harder, and its better for everyone.

You know how ignorant your comment sounds? i dare you to defend your point with valid arguments and sound intelligent or responsible. And don't give me the few extra dollars reason, you'll sound even worst...
sewktbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2010, 11:39   #14
Spawn28
I am manly hear me squeek
 
Spawn28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: North Bay The Gateway to Hells Ars!
Send a message via MSN to Spawn28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post



Styrene BBs will eventually go the way of the do-do bird due to the liability that will exist to remediate lands after use. How and when this occurs will mostly be a political process as the laws are changed to enforce this over time. This is a provincial area of responsibility under Ministries of the Environment and lands management agencies. Each province looks to other provinces for precedents and direction, and the influence is already beginning, as witnessed in those two posted links. I highly recommend the reading if you're a land owner or hoster, its a bit of an eye opener.

AW man now what am i gonna put on my cereal in the morning? Styrene and shreddies FTW.
__________________
Spawn28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2010, 11:47   #15
Thanh
AKA Tsquared
 
Thanh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by sewktbk View Post
You for real? do you really need ANOTHER benefit? why is "helping the planet" negligible? not trying to turn this into an environment debate, but common. Its like recycling; Its not even harder, and its better for everyone.

You know how ignorant your comment sounds? i dare you to defend your point with valid arguments and sound intelligent or responsible. And don't give me the few extra dollars reason, you'll sound even worst...
Learn to read, someone told me a valid point without getting upset like you, and it made sense to me. So I agree with it. If you still have a problem with it you can pm me.

Jesus, people on this forum LOVE to start shit. Remember this is a Newbie Tank, if you have a problem with newbies then I suggest you stop checking this section out, or you might be reported for flaming people.

Last edited by Thanh; July 6th, 2010 at 11:54..
Thanh is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
www.jsairsoft.com

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 21:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.