Airsoft Canada
Airsoft Depot

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

is the ics mp5 any good

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old June 28th, 2010, 00:49   #1
george p burdell
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
is the ics mp5 any good

I am thinking of getting it some time, and I am wondering if the quality is adequate, and there are no serious problems with it, also how does barrel length affect accuracy?
george p burdell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 00:55   #2
M.Garcia
M.Garcia
M.Garcia
M.Garcia
 
M.Garcia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kitchener, ON
Check out some reviews via YouTube they give you a pretty good idea about the gun.
__________________
Quote:
ShelledPants: In for Operation PunkBuster. - Link
M.Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 01:11   #3
george p burdell
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
also is mach 1 airsoft not a ripoff or unreliable?
george p burdell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 01:25   #4
Doombringer
 
Doombringer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Plateau, Montreal
1. Are you talking about the just-released new ICS mp5 model, or the older one?
2. Do not watch 14 year old kids video "reviews" on youtube.
3. Yes, Mach1airsoft is good.
4. Quick google search: ics mp5 review - Google Search

5. Yes, ICS is a good, innovative brand overall. IIRC the old ICS MP5 is not a split design though.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
If you're not a "Sciency" type of guy, if it ain't broke don't fix it, but if you're an Engineer you'll probably have the world view of "if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet".

Last edited by Doombringer; June 28th, 2010 at 01:30..
Doombringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 01:32   #5
george p burdell
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
1. Are you talking about the just-released new ICS mp5 model, or the older one?
2. Do not watch 14 year old kids video "reviews" on youtube.
3. Yes, Mach1airsoft is good.
4. Quick google search: ics mp5 review - Google Search

5. Yes, ICS is a good, innovative brand overall. IIRC the old ICS MP5 is not a split design though.
I found this on mach 1 airsoft, I want it because it is the cheapest which is of high quality, too bad they don't have a solid stock version
http://www.mach1airsoft.com/web/cata...om&id=19&cat=1
george p burdell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 01:38   #6
Blitzed
 
Blitzed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: St. Albert, AB
MP5's are butt ogre ugly with that hideous solid A4 stock. *BARF*

MP5's are supposed to have the least amount of length and least amount of bulk to make it look like a beautiful gun. MP5A5 is the sexiest gun in the world.
Blitzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 01:46   #7
george p burdell
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzed View Post
MP5's are butt ogre ugly with that hideous solid A4 stock. *BARF*

MP5's are supposed to have the least amount of length and least amount of bulk to make it look like a beautiful gun. MP5A5 is the sexiest gun in the world.
umm... what, are you saying that the gun other than the a5s are ugly?
george p burdell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 01:54   #8
ccssneo
 
ccssneo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Surrey, BC
I personally love the look of the mp5sd6. The suppressor and the retractable stock.... sex.
ccssneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 01:59   #9
george p burdell
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccssneo View Post
I personally love the look of the mp5sd6. The suppressor and the retractable stock.... sex.
yeah, but I am trying to minimize cost, and the supressor ones are $35 more expensive
george p burdell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 02:18   #10
M.Garcia
M.Garcia
M.Garcia
M.Garcia
 
M.Garcia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kitchener, ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by george p burdell View Post
yeah, but I am trying to minimize cost, and the supressor ones are $35 more expensive
If your worried about $35, this sport called Airsoft is not for you. I'm just warning you right now..
__________________
Quote:
ShelledPants: In for Operation PunkBuster. - Link
M.Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 02:23   #11
Neil_N
 
Neil_N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Creemore ont
if cost is the only deciding factor wait save up and find out what works for you. then after borowing for a few games and putting money away get what realy suits you.

just my 2€
__________________
I am now a proud Google user.

Originally posted by CDN_Stalker
Quote:
"How long does it take a monkey with a wooden leg to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle?"
Neil_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 02:23   #12
ccssneo
 
ccssneo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Surrey, BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Garcia View Post
If your worried about $35, this sport called Airsoft is not for you. I'm just warning you right now..
Yeah. Also if you gun ever has a problem or breaks down. Costs might skyrocket up to a hefty 200$. Then you'll wish you spent that 200$ + your Mp5 money on a higher end AEG

Last edited by ccssneo; June 28th, 2010 at 02:27.. Reason: spelling mistake :(
ccssneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 02:31   #13
M.Garcia
M.Garcia
M.Garcia
M.Garcia
 
M.Garcia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kitchener, ON
My AEG I just bought, my first btw, cost me $340. It's a Classic Army M15A4 Sportline Full Metal.

Not to mention the other money I've spent so far on boots, gloves, marpat pants, goggles. Still have yet to get my vest and the mags I want. I'd say I'm at about $500 maybe $600.

Like other have said in other posts, getting into airsoft will run you about a $1000 start-up cost. Maybe not all at once, but theres no avoiding it without problems down the road.
__________________
Quote:
ShelledPants: In for Operation PunkBuster. - Link
M.Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 11:42   #14
george p burdell
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Garcia View Post
My AEG I just bought, my first btw, cost me $340. It's a Classic Army M15A4 Sportline Full Metal.

Not to mention the other money I've spent so far on boots, gloves, marpat pants, goggles. Still have yet to get my vest and the mags I want. I'd say I'm at about $500 maybe $600.

Like other have said in other posts, getting into airsoft will run you about a $1000 start-up cost. Maybe not all at once, but theres no avoiding it without problems down the road.
really $1000, I've heard that it is expensive, but does $600 go into clothes? vests cost ~$30 according to a thread on one of the other forums here, and do i really need a sidearm? that seems like where a lot of money would go also
george p burdell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 12:03   #15
coach
aka coachster
 
coach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: T dot
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccssneo View Post
I personally love the look of the mp5sd6. The suppressor and the retractable stock.... sex.
my current config is MP5A2 but I do like it when I switch it to MP5SD2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by george p burdell View Post
really $1000, I've heard that it is expensive, but does $600 go into clothes? vests cost ~$30 according to a thread on one of the other forums here, and do i really need a sidearm? that seems like where a lot of money would go also
I bought a used mp5 for $400 a while back. have easily dumped another $500+ getting it just right for me! but that's because I broke it and then went on an upgrade spending spree!

sidearms are not required but recommended for some games. for cqb where you enter a building , it's typically safer to shoot in close range over and AEG. also, the shorter barrel allows you to turn corners a tighter and faster.

Last edited by coach; June 28th, 2010 at 12:06..
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
Airsoft Depot

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 22:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.