Airsoft Canada
BuyAirsoft

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Are these goggles a good deal?

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old April 28th, 2010, 13:50   #1
Percuvius
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Vancouver
Are these goggles a good deal?

I don't know too much about goggles and I'm none too happy that I have to wear them instead of ballistics, but would these goggles be suitable? I trust I can remove the hideous motocross contraption from the frame?

http://www.paintball-online.com/shop..._GGJSFF_BLK_50

Last edited by Percuvius; April 28th, 2010 at 17:27..
Percuvius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 13:52   #2
The Saint
 
The Saint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Quebec
Yes and yes. Spectre features removable mask portion and is one of the most popular goggle systems for airsoft.
__________________
"The Bird of Hermes is My Name, Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame."
The Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 13:53   #3
R.I.T.Z
Crackers
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Barrie
Paintball goggles are usually recommended by fields because they are ANSI rated and tested. the price is good, but consider shipping and handling and taxes. you'd probably be better off going to a walmart or paint ball field and picking up a pair.
__________________
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here."
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 13:57   #4
GBear
 
GBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Waterloo, ON
Send a message via MSN to GBear
Lol, I just use a cheap pair of $25 goggles I bought from a local paintball shop. The lowest end goggles they have. It was funny because I went in there with the intention to buy the highest end they have but they were all out. It doesn't really matter too much.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayce View Post
I wish I could upload a few gameplay videos of me on Alliance of Valiant Arms for you guys to compare to.

I am not familiar with airsoft.

What my question is, does the element of surprise work on a typical airsoft match?
GBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 14:07   #5
horto
 
horto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto
It's a good deal but shipping appears to be $50.:smack:
horto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 14:45   #6
Sakura
formerly adayinspring
 
Sakura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Otown
Send a message via MSN to Sakura
I just picked up these

They were only 40$ and are Airsoft approved. I went with these because they are low profile and wont conflict with a helmet or hat. covers the ears and mouth and the holes are very small allowing breathing but no BB's to sneak in.
__________________
ピンク猫の 特殊部隊
Sakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 14:55   #7
Percuvius
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Vancouver
Yeah screw them and their $50 shipping, for less than that I could walk into a store locally and buy and even better pair of JT goggles.

What about these Crappy Tire ones for Panther field? They say approved for paintball

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en
Percuvius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 14:57   #8
m102404
Tys
 
m102404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Toronto
They're your eyes. Protect them as you see fit.

It's also up to you with regards to:
- comfort
- air flow/venting
- fit/form when actually trying to sight down a rifle
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 15:00   #9
Rugger_can
 
Rugger_can's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Downtown Ottawa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percuvius View Post
Yeah screw them and their $50 shipping, for less than that I could walk into a store locally and buy and even better pair of JT goggles.

What about these Crappy Tire ones for Panther field? They say approved for paintball

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en
They a JT paintball mask but formed slightly differently. They cover the ears comfortably with soft rubber and don't fog noticably. Also the centerline of your face is covered but your breathing and comfort is not effected Also the face guard is slightly more rigid then most JT Masks Im familiar with. They meet the requirements for paintball fields and are ANSI Z87+ rated for high speed impact resistance.

Think of them as "pre"cut paintball masks.
Rugger_can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 15:00   #10
juicy
 
juicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Richmond, BC
Percuvius, dude - buy a decent set of paintball goggles. Most guys rock the JT Spectra series because you can remove the face mask and ear protection portions. The thermal lenses plus non fog wipes/sprays looks to be the best that there is out there in terms of not fogging. Trust me, fogging up sucks.

Check out paintballgear.ca or tacticalpaintball.ca - they have a store front at Boundary and E 1st, as well as being mostly online.
__________________
Overhoppers Blog
juicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 15:10   #11
Percuvius
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Vancouver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugger_can View Post
They a JT paintball mask but formed slightly differently. They cover the ears comfortably with soft rubber and don't fog noticably. Also the centerline of your face is covered but your breathing and comfort is not effected Also the face guard is slightly more rigid then most JT Masks Im familiar with. They meet the requirements for paintball fields and are ANSI Z87+ rated for high speed impact resistance.

Think of them as "pre"cut paintball masks.
You must have had a pair of these!
Percuvius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 15:13   #12
Percuvius
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Vancouver
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicy View Post
Percuvius, dude - buy a decent set of paintball goggles. Most guys rock the JT Spectra series because you can remove the face mask and ear protection portions. The thermal lenses plus non fog wipes/sprays looks to be the best that there is out there in terms of not fogging. Trust me, fogging up sucks.

Check out paintballgear.ca or tacticalpaintball.ca - they have a store front at Boundary and E 1st, as well as being mostly online.

I was looking at them earlier. I was just being lazy and trying to find something closer, lol. I know all about fogging from my days of skiing, that's why I so hate to have to use goggles instead of a sexy pair of ballistics. I guess I'm making the drive to Boundary Rd this weekend.

Thanks guys appreciate it.

Last edited by Percuvius; April 28th, 2010 at 15:15..
Percuvius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 15:15   #13
Sakura
formerly adayinspring
 
Sakura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Otown
Send a message via MSN to Sakura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percuvius View Post
You must have had a pair of these!
no I do and I'm his fiancÚ that's why I suggested them.
__________________
ピンク猫の 特殊部隊
Sakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 16:25   #14
Percuvius
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Vancouver
http://www.paintballgear.ca/product/...es_-_Camo.html

I just went ahead and ordered this pair, the shipping to me is only $5.20 and will take 1 day, so that's even cheaper than me driving across town. Now I'm only boots and gloves away from playing!

Thanks for your help everyone.
Percuvius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 17:50   #15
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol
 
Gunny_McSmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: MTL
Quote:
Originally Posted by adayinspring View Post
I just picked up these

They were only 40$ and are Airsoft approved. I went with these because they are low profile and wont conflict with a helmet or hat. covers the ears and mouth and the holes are very small allowing breathing but no BB's to sneak in.
NOOOOO DO NOT GET THE GAYNADIAN TIRE ''Airsoft Approved'' googles....

few months ago, someone on ASC bought them, and tested if they were really ''airsoft approved'', and with a 450fps gun (using .20g bbs) the shots went right throught the goggles....

so....THEY ARE NOT AIRSOFT APPROVED!! and YOU COULD LOOSE AN EYE.....if you play with them....
__________________


Quote:
"A workout isn't easy, but neither is being fat, make the right choice"
Gunny_McSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
BuyAirsoft

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 20:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.