Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

question::KJW M4 GBBR and Cradle Velocity Reducer

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old October 12th, 2011, 02:21   #1
220vbc

question::KJW M4 GBBR and Cradle Velocity Reducer

Hi there,
I recently bought a new KJW M4 GBBR, and noticed that lots of comments were made here about Cradle Velocity Reducer and Piston.

Is Cradle Velocity Reducer only affecting FPS? or does it affect other things such as gas consumption, loudness, or better for other internal part ?

Please let me know what you think...

Thanks

Last edited by 220vbc; October 12th, 2011 at 04:03.. Reason: making it clear that it is a question...
220vbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2011, 17:05   #2
audi_bhoy

IMO Cradle is the best way to go with a KJW, I've installed a few RA-Tech and only by looking at them they would tend to bend. They were not even consistent on the FPS even when brand new. The Cradle is far more consistent (I get a 5 FPS range and I've played with it for the whole summer as I have one installed on my KJW...)

I dunno for gas consumption or loudness, but it's definitely the way to go.
audi_bhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2011, 23:28   #3
220vbc

Quote:
Originally Posted by audi_bhoy View Post
IMO Cradle is the best way to go with a KJW, I've installed a few RA-Tech and only by looking at them they would tend to bend. They were not even consistent on the FPS even when brand new. The Cradle is far more consistent (I get a 5 FPS range and I've played with it for the whole summer as I have one installed on my KJW...)

I dunno for gas consumption or loudness, but it's definitely the way to go.
Thanks.
I guess you couldn't notice the difference in gas consumption or loudness before and after....I just thought it'll be great if it actually helps to save some gas or reduce noise by installing Cradle one
220vbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2011, 08:08   #4
Rookie Ab
a.k.a. Kody_1

Propane is cheap,and the noise keeps their heads down.

I run a Cradle setup just to get it to game limits so I can play.

Rookie Ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2011, 00:14   #5
audi_bhoy

Yup, heads down and btw KJW M4's are easily shooting 2-3 mags of BBs before running out of Propane, at least on a 15 degrees plus day ! You should take a look at the guy shooting his KJW at 29 Farheneit on Youtube !
Old October 15th, 2011, 19:21   #6
Iforget

Hi I don't mean to steal the thread but I recently did some work on my kjw m4 and before reducer it shot 520 (6.03 tightbore, rtech hopup, and cradle piston) I was planning to run it as a DMR but after putting in the reducer even without spacers I'm shooting 360-380 with one or two spiking to 420 did I do something wrong?
Iforget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2011, 12:21   #7
audi_bhoy

Make sure your O-Ring is seating in front of the spacers, and that everything is pushed back on the Cradle.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 08:58   #8
Warlock

Hello, I also have a problem with the cradle velocity reducer: I installed 2 of them in 2 different bolt because I want a bolt for CQB and another one for field play. I tried several combination of washer and installed exactly as shown in the video and I never achieved the desired velocity of 310 FPS with .28g at 20 deg C. The best I obtained is 280 fps with .28 at 20 deg C with a combination of the biggest and the smallest washer, this set-up should be ok for CQB but not for outdoor field play. With the stock valve it was shooting at 396 fps with .28 at 20 deg C. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

The main question is: Do I need to remove or add washers to INCREASE the velocity with thew cradle ?

KJW M4 CQB V2, completely stock

Last edited by Warlock; April 23rd, 2012 at 13:21..
Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2012, 08:43   #9
Warlock

The answer I got from Cradle:

''Two points we should cover here to get everything working as you hope:

1. Some people have reported lower than expected velocities with the v2 bolt. We have tracked this down to the use of the included o-ring. Apparently for some guns it ends up being too thick and blocks too much gas. To remedy this you can take the small o-ring off the stock floating valve and use it in front of the plastic rings rather than the included one.

2. Adding rings decreases velocity. It seems backwards on paper but thats the way it works because as you add spacers you cover the ports on the side of the reducer. Less open space on the ports means less can passes through the reducer and into the barrel. I must have misspoken on the video.

I hope this clears things up a bit. Let me know if I can help you out further.

Thanks,''
Travis
Old April 29th, 2012, 18:01   #10
Warlock

I tried with the stock o-ring and everything is good now.

Looks like on a V2 bolt the cradle O-ring might be too big.

I have 2 bolt setup (1 for CQB et the other for field play):

Field : 1 big and 1 small washer; test result on 5 shots string : 326-338 fps with .28 BB at 20 deg C

CQB: 1 big, 1 medium and 1 small washer; test result on 5 shots string : 272-286 fps with .28 BB at 20 deg C
Old April 30th, 2012, 00:05   #11
audi_bhoy

It mostly depends on the area you are playing in. Last friday I adjusted my FPS to about 320 for indoor gaming on saturday, it turned out that saturday morning I had only 240 fps due to the game area being colder and had more humidity. Ended up with only a medium spacer and the O-ring to achieve 320.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 18:56   #12
Warlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by audi_bhoy View Post
It mostly depends on the area you are playing in. Last friday I adjusted my FPS to about 320 for indoor gaming on saturday, it turned out that saturday morning I had only 240 fps due to the game area being colder and had more humidity. Ended up with only a medium spacer and the O-ring to achieve 320.
Yes of course, that's the reason I put 20 deg C temp on my tests and it was dry indoor conditions. So outside on a cold raining day it would be another story.

Propane is an unstable gas and influenced by temperature and humidity.
Old May 16th, 2012, 22:49   #13
Gester24

hi i was wondering if anyone knows a store in toronto that will have the cradle reducer and will install it? thanks.

Last edited by Gester24; May 17th, 2012 at 16:23..
Gester24 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications