Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Canada vs Us game is possible.

:

General

Old August 18th, 2006, 17:45   #46
Fidget11

yeah about a years notice is best..., that way people can make sure to book time off work and arange for getting down there. i know that for those on the more western parts of canada it is not gonna be a short trip down. though with it how its supposed to be i am expecting that it likely will be a great experience.

Primary: G36K
Secondary: FMU SIG P226
Fidget11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2006, 17:51   #47
shadow1911
Banned

Send a message via MSN to shadow1911
would the canadains not have an advantage cause our guns dont have orange tips???
shadow1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2006, 17:53   #48
Les_26

You just take the orange tip off before the game.
Les_26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2006, 17:55   #49
shadow1911
Banned

the orange tips dont come off on us airsoft guns its much like the orange tip on ba cap gun its glwed on and part of the gun
Old August 18th, 2006, 17:57   #50
Les_26

Wrap a strip of electric tape around the end?
Old August 18th, 2006, 18:19   #51
shadow1911
Banned

what about those whom have od green or desert painted guns
Old August 18th, 2006, 18:27   #52
Les_26

Black still blends in. If the tape is still a problem than just paint it. (The orange tip not the electrical tape)
Old August 18th, 2006, 18:30   #53
shadow1911
Banned

lol there's a reason why us guns have orange tips by law down there if canadians were to start airsofting down there we would have to paint our flashsupressers orange or our guns would be illegal
Old August 18th, 2006, 20:39   #54
Fidget11

it doesnt matter, if you actually read this thread you would know that the canadians wont be taking their guns down because once the guns leave the country they wont be allowed back in. hell it is even in the first post and it says that the canadians would be provided guns in the USA...

please read back instead of just posting about things already talked about and dealt with.

Old August 19th, 2006, 22:24   #55
JOHNUSA

in my now going on 4 years of airsoft ... i have seen 5 people with orange tips in america.

we paint them electric tape them.. hell most come with a fakey orange tip and the real one is at the bottom of the box
The orange tips are for shipping and ..... for play if you don't call the local cops. but either way you really should call the cops.. so we just call the 5.0 and are done with it.

i figure it will take a long time from announcement to event because of distance. You guys have gone a long way and providing us with the propper motivation. when i have dates i'll let you know.

How many as players are there in ontario? i am pretty close to the border here. 2.5 hours. i am in youngstown ohio. quest me. maybe a preliminary east coast continental game would be good.

either way thanks so very much for all your support and i will do more than try to make this happen!!!

Again THANK YOU now when people ask me about the candian interest i have a link to shut them up and get them out for this occasion.

H
JOHNUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2006, 00:28   #56
MacRae
charlie tango

Send a message via MSN to MacRae
Im sure the WBAT WOLFPACK boys from Winnipeg would make the trek (we were talking of hitting Op Irene next year anyways) as well as some other Manitoba Airsoft Association members. I have played airsoft for 7 years now and my most used AEG is a stock CA. So big whoop if thats all we can use.

not to rob from this thread.. but I am hoping some US troops will make the trek to Keystone Strike 3 next year. Our series is growing and the story evolving. (had to do mostly with the Canadian oil sands and the need for oil by the world). We have a fellow here who is able and MIGHT help you folks get your guns into and out of Canada (if its not too inconvinient for him) or we can do a simmilar venture as you are thinking here. The only problem we will find is people not being able to use stock rifles for some strange reason.

come to www.mb-airsoft.com and advertise this there as well. We can talk there.
MacRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2006, 02:38   #57
Fidget11

i would think that some of the edmonton guys will make the trek down for it too, i obviously cant speak for anyone other than me but i bet that for something so huge there would be interest.

Old August 23rd, 2006, 01:35   #58
kdogg

Actually, I'm the manager of EmpireAirsoft.com, a Michigan based store with 2 locations. The whole orange tip thing here in the USA is only for importing and sales. Once the end user walks out of are store with his new airsoft gun, he can do with the orange tip as he pleases. There are no known local or state regulations for orange tips in MOST of the 50 states.

Some yes, but most no and the ones who do have them are mostly local ordnance.

Texas is in the middle of trying to pass either some bans of airsoft and replica firearms or have an orange tip law even after import and sales but who knows if that will ever happen. Also I think those are local ordnances too, not state wide.

I get alot of people from Canada in are shops and they fly and drive back into Canada with guns all the time. I've also mailed a couple into Canada marked "paint ball supplies" and your customs never even checked them. Not saying it couldn't be a problem though, never know.

I really don't understand Canadian law and airsoft though. Someone tell me, are they actually illegal or just heavily restricted? I sell alot of those Systema PTW guns to Canadian people and they don't seem to be concerned about importing them at all.

Without linking me to some complicated codes, can someone just give me the short and simple reason why airsofts a problem in Canada? I guess I thought there was a way to do it legally up there too.
kdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2006, 02:10   #59
Fidget11

well because they are inbetween the law... a litteral gray area.

are they illegal to posess, no, are they legal to import by individuals not completely. there are three government agencies involved in them and all have different rules and ideas of what is and isnt allowed. as far as customs is concerned airsoft is a replica firearm and is illegal for individuals to import on their own. meaning if you get caught with it at the boarder you will get it seized and likely get to be very intimate with the inspectors at customs. to import airsoft you need a number of different licenses that grant you the ability to import prohibited devices (a replica firearm is a prohibited device) although owning one is not illegal. there is no requirement for an orange tip here. the only way to import airsoft and ensure that you will be able to get it through is by having it go through a recognized retailer based in canada with the proper licenses to import prohibited devices. the police are in between on the status of airsoft and it really depends on who you ask as to its legality. in terms of our firearms regulator, the Canadian Firearms Center, airsoft is under review because it fits between the definitions of a firearm and of a replica. however if seen as a firearm it would be illegal since fully automatic firearms are illegal to import. if they chose to view it as a replica it would still be illegal for an individual to import by air, car, foot or any other means you can think of on their own. in other words it is best to just tell those canadians to buy it in canada for their own safety.

marking airsoft guns as a "paintball supply" is not a good idea. firstly if it is seized by customs in an inspection you can end up in serious trouble for making false customs declarations and they will likely be harsh with your shipments in the future. secondly the customer who you are sending it too is going to also face trouble and when importing things will be scrutinized for a very long time. accessories seem to be okay but some things like metal bodies are still a risky proposition. in many cases it can come down to how good the customs official who is inspecting your goods feels that day.

also in canada there is a voluntary initiative underway by the retailers here to ensure that all airsoft sales are to only 18+ to minimize idiots getting them and causing bad publicity for the sport by doing something stupid. since airsoft in canada is only hanging by a thread legally any bad publicity is bad and has a huge impact on the survival of the sport.

while individuals dont seem too concerned if they are ever caught they would not be too happy when customs takes their airsoft and destroys it and they get absolutely no compensation for it.

Old August 23rd, 2006, 12:11   #60
Kurgan

Send a message via MSN to Kurgan
Actually, you can cross the border with them, I did. You simply tell them what you have, they'll write out an invoice and you go inside and pay the duty on it. The agent told me that as long as there isn't a law against them, and they are less than 500fps, they won't sieze them. Right now, everyone in Canada has to be 18 to buy any gun, bb, pellet, airsoft, and paintball.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General