Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

CBC: The Trouble with Fake Guns

:

General

Old February 27th, 2009, 12:11   #136
Luckyorwhat

If anyone's stupid enough to believe the problem is criminals carrying airsoft instead of the real thing...

The problem is that boys still like guns, despite over a decade of intensive government propaganda and public indoctrination, and if they find it difficult to play with real ones they are playing with toys.

It's YOU that's the problem, get it? Your Liberal nanny's want you to be girls, and they'll keep taking away boy toys until you finally give up and start playing with dolls.
Luckyorwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2009, 12:14   #137
chester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyorwhat View Post
If anyone's stupid enough to believe the problem is criminals carrying airsoft instead of the real thing...

The problem is that boys still like guns, despite over a decade of intensive government propaganda and public indoctrination, and if they find it difficult to play with real ones they are playing with toys.

It's YOU that's the problem, get it? Your Liberal nanny's want you to be girls, and they'll keep taking away boy toys until you finally give up and start playing with dolls.
Totally agree. If some sort of ban goes through on replica firearms, I'm going to launch an attempt to ban candles and kitchen knives in the home. No more romantic dinners!
Old February 27th, 2009, 12:17   #138
The Saint

Replica firearms are already effectively banned.
Old February 27th, 2009, 12:19   #139
chester

Not really. We play every week and nobody's storming down doors.
Old February 27th, 2009, 12:22   #140
Double Tapper

Send a message via MSN to Double Tapper
Then how are they buying them in stores?,I haven't seen them.Are
they out there to be bought?.And which type of gun is it,airsoft or
or a proper non firing replica,or a dewatt as some one had mentioned?.
Double Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2009, 12:26   #141
chester

Just because we can't buy them doesn't mean they're totally banned. It'll really suck if they put out a true ban...as in confiscation on sight...as in raids...as in no more turning a blind eye.
Old February 27th, 2009, 12:26   #142
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
unfortunately if all hell broke loose automatically the bleeding hearts will assume and accused the gun owners, they never blamed themselves for creating such a pathetic gun laws or even refusing to admit the criminal laws are outdated, what deterent can we have as a citizen when our own laws which are created to protect the innocent are constantly laughed at by the criminals?.

Recently a close family friend lost a son in a shooting at Market village, now the family is obviously upset as hell, but they also realise that if this individual is caught it will take years to see this person(s) being brought to justice even then the punishment of commiting a crime with a firearm is laughable, our jail system is laughable. I was brought up to believe that Jails are there to punish and reform the offenders but I have come to realise that our jails are nothing more than a huge solitary hotels where they are fed and cared for at the expense of the taxpayer.
Banning guns replica or not is as usefull as third tit, it's not going to stop gun violence.

Last edited by wildcard; February 27th, 2009 at 12:31..
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2009, 12:27   #143
Crunchmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Tapper View Post
Then how are they buying them in stores?,I haven't seen them.Are
they out there to be bought?.And which type of gun is it,airsoft or
or a proper non firing replica,or a dewatt as some one had mentioned?.
Realistic airsoft guns are banned for being replicas. However, you can get many models of pellet and BB guns that look like the real steel. There are several Walther models that are identical to the real deal. Umarex also make Desert Eagle and Beretta 92FS and Px4 Storm pistols that look just like the real thing. There are Glock pellet guns that are also very close to the real steel. These are classifies as imitation firearms rather than replicas, even though they are replicas as well. These are what a majority of these crimes are commited with and not airsoft. Although I'm sure there are airsoft incidents as well, they aren't the majority of cases.
Old February 27th, 2009, 12:35   #144
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

Maybe this topic will be so up top that it will drive airsoft out of the grey zone on the laws and clear things up.. lol

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2009, 12:36   #145
Double Tapper

Send a message via MSN to Double Tapper
Thanks for clearing that up for me CM.
Double Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2009, 12:37   #146
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
Realistic airsoft guns are banned for being replicas. However, you can get many models of pellet and BB guns that look like the real steel. There are several Walther models that are identical to the real deal. Umarex also make Desert Eagle and Beretta 92FS and Px4 Storm pistols that look just like the real thing. There are Glock pellet guns that are also very close to the real steel. These are classifies as imitation firearms rather than replicas, even though they are replicas as well. These are what a majority of these crimes are commited with and not airsoft. Although I'm sure there are airsoft incidents as well, they aren't the majority of cases.
Only Canadian Tire.. lol

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2009, 12:38   #147
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
This is exactly what the story is about...why realistic pellet guns seem to get a pass from import restrictions but things like Airsoft guns that are actually much less likely to cause any injury are more tightly regulated.

There is a disparity in treatment..

its obvious to me that large national retailers that are selling these pellet guns are exploiting the loophole and meeting the expectations of the market by selling guns...that if they fired 6 mm plastic bbs would never have been allowed to be imported in such volumes and retailed
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2009, 12:38   #148
The Lettonian
a.k.a. FNG_13

Send a message via Skype™ to The Lettonian
....am I the only one that finds it terribly ironic that the more painful .177 replicas are way easier to get than the relatively safer 6mm ones? Hell, even a real glock seems to be easier to get than an airsoft version...and probably similarly priced. On that note, does anyone know what an illegal handgun goes for? Just out of curiosity and for the sake of comparison.

*edit* sorry for the repitition on the first bit of my post
|: Nos habebit humus! :|
Raug, draugi, kā šī kanna mirdz, kā puto alutiņš? Dievs zin, cik ilgi līksmo sirds, lai baudām drīz!
The Lettonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2009, 12:39   #149
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hitman View Post
Maybe this topic will be so up top that it will drive airsoft out of the grey zone on the laws and clear things up.. lol
Doubt it... this is far from a new topic ... it's recycled every few years
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2009, 12:43   #150
chester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
Doubt it... this is far from a new topic ... it's recycled every few years
And this time the public is more concerned about the economy. Maybe we can show how airsoft helps the economy and it will be lovingly embraced!

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General