Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

URGENT- POTENTIAL SCAMMER - Any info for USER - Dongtheimpailer

:

General

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old December 18th, 2019, 13:41   #16
Ratters
 
Ratters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vancouver
Impaled on his own d@ng

Probably super busy (let's hope) I feel for you guys. Someone please remind him that comms are everything, deal with good comms from start to finish scores him happy creds and you're golden. otherwise he's spam in a can that sits on a shelf in the classified zone. This isn't Craigslist:smack:
__________________
Can´t sleep. Clowns will eat me!
Ratters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2019, 13:52   #17
BioRage
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ - Professional Complainer who wants to do nothing to help out. QQer maximus, will QQ for Free. Snowflake exemplified.
 
BioRage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto
Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
He already had a negative feedback in 2015, why would you continue to do trades with someone that sold a broken gun?

That asides, shame on him! Hope it gets resolved.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2019, 14:05   #18
manchovie
 
manchovie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto
Send a message via ICQ to manchovie Send a message via AIM to manchovie Send a message via MSN to manchovie
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
He already had a negative feedback in 2015, why would you continue to do trades with someone that sold a broken gun?

That asides, shame on him! Hope it gets resolved.
Our first victim blamer, ladies and gentlemen.
__________________
experienced toronto gun doctor, hundreds of guns serviced
manchovie gun doc thread!

my b/s rating
manchovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2019, 18:58   #19
tome
 
tome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Toronto
He got me too

I sent him money for an MP7 on the 16th

Looks like he's scamming more people than he can keep track of because he asked me to EMT so he can "send before he head out of town for a few day" after he'd already accepted the EMT.

Before we drag Brian's name through the mud, given the classifieds are the first thing he's posted since 2015 it might be possible that phone/computer got compromised and somebody has control of both his email and ASC.

I tried to search through reddit and such for his username and similarly the last posts are all from 2015 or so
__________________
aka - Donkey Balls
tome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2019, 19:33   #20
hinoobies
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Scarborough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tome View Post
I sent him money for an MP7 on the 16th

Looks like he's scamming more people than he can keep track of because he asked me to EMT so he can "send before he head out of town for a few day" after he'd already accepted the EMT.

Before we drag Brian's name through the mud, given the classifieds are the first thing he's posted since 2015 it might be possible that phone/computer got compromised and somebody has control of both his email and ASC.

I tried to search through reddit and such for his username and similarly the last posts are all from 2015 or so
That's a fair point. However, in this scenario where we are unable to make contact with Brian, we can assume for the time being that he is the one that committed the act.

During our conversation, he was very familiar with the typical sales process and also the items involved. The likelihood of somebody gaining access to his email and ASC accounts as well as using the forum and understanding the transaction process seems slim
hinoobies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2019, 19:44   #21
manchovie
 
manchovie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto
Send a message via ICQ to manchovie Send a message via AIM to manchovie Send a message via MSN to manchovie
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinoobies View Post
That's a fair point. However, in this scenario where we are unable to make contact with Brian, we can assume for the time being that he is the one that committed the act.

During our conversation, he was very familiar with the typical sales process and also the items involved. The likelihood of somebody gaining access to his email and ASC accounts as well as using the forum and understanding the transaction process seems slim
Also the selection of items that are high value but don't stand out a whole lot and are few and far between on the buy and sell. This person is familiar with airsoft and with these boards. I guess you're right in that it might not be Brian though.
__________________
experienced toronto gun doctor, hundreds of guns serviced
manchovie gun doc thread!

my b/s rating
manchovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2019, 20:03   #22
tome
 
tome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Toronto
I hear you guys especially the specific airsoft knowledge, it does look likely that it's actually him and even if it's not then at least it's somebody in the community.

@pkindos in his feedback history it looks like you had a successful transaction on December 11th. Were his contact/payment details the same for that as for the one fraudulent transaction you left feedback for on December 17th?
Or were they the same fraudulent transaction and you left feedback prematurely

EDIT: I'm just clutching at straws hoping he's sick or something..... but I know in my gut that this isn't an honest mistake
__________________
aka - Donkey Balls

Last edited by tome; December 18th, 2019 at 20:13..
tome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2019, 20:33   #23
hollywood...
retired cranky old man
 
hollywood...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: In a Van,.... Down by the River!
I just PM'd him and told him he has 24 hrs to sort out this shit storm

......stay tuned
__________________
MODT - tu fui ego eris
hollywood... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2019, 20:34   #24
damage
 
damage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Send a message via Yahoo to damage
He is online. Hopefully we get our answers.
__________________
Team P.I.M.P. Vancouver BC
-Guntech(PM or E-mail only)
damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2019, 23:15   #25
Freeze
 
Freeze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mississauga
Dang. Almost hopped onto that TM G18C actually, kinda glad I didn't now.

Hope y'all get your money back or items as promised, because this shit sucks :/
__________________
VFC SR416 ZTW

TM G17 Loki Tactical Pink - TM G19
Freeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2019, 06:08   #26
venture
 
venture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Halifax
I see that he did not reply. I will add my problems to the list. I paid him for 4 x TM Glocks and a TM VSR10. I sent him $840 and I don't have a tracking number yet ( or ever, probably).
__________________

Visit us at :www.ventureairsoft.ca
venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2019, 11:10   #27
Freeze
 
Freeze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mississauga
Yikes.

Seems to me he sold the same thing to multiple people and is trying to run away with the money now...
__________________
VFC SR416 ZTW

TM G17 Loki Tactical Pink - TM G19
Freeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2019, 11:28   #28
tome
 
tome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Toronto
Are there Admins looking at this thread?

How can we get them to take this guy's sales thread down?
I still see the MP7 one that got me up there, which means there may be others getting scammed still!

EDIT:
Also for those that have submitted a police report. What did you write?
I'm thinking I should do mine similarly so they can link the incidents more easily
__________________
aka - Donkey Balls

Last edited by tome; December 19th, 2019 at 11:32..
tome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2019, 11:34   #29
pkindos
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Toronto
Yeah guys I paid for the vsr 10 on the first day. I gave him a good review as he said he would do the same. I didn’t receive a tracking number and he completely ghosted me. He said his wife sent it out and he is clearly lying. He is a piece of shit. I am absolutely crushed as he stole money from us. I don’t care what happens, he clearly did this on purpose. I don’t care if ppl met him before and he was nice. He is clearly ignoring us and just checking in to take the reat of the money ppl sent. How do we get an admin to look at this? I already reported this to the rcamp and fraud department. I will never do a deal that isn’t local anymore. Im absolutely crushed right now.
pkindos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2019, 12:03   #30
Freeze
 
Freeze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mississauga
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkindos View Post
Yeah guys I paid for the vsr 10 on the first day. I gave him a good review as he said he would do the same. I didn’t receive a tracking number and he completely ghosted me. He said his wife sent it out and he is clearly lying. He is a piece of shit. I am absolutely crushed as he stole money from us. I don’t care what happens, he clearly did this on purpose. I don’t care if ppl met him before and he was nice. He is clearly ignoring us and just checking in to take the reat of the money ppl sent. How do we get an admin to look at this? I already reported this to the rcamp and fraud department. I will never do a deal that isn’t local anymore. Im absolutely crushed right now.
I think not doing a deal that isn't local will probably heavily limit your options, but it's probably worth nothing that the guy had no trader rating past 2015 other than from this incident.

That would set off a red flag in my head and at that point I'd offer PayPal or something with buyer protection.

Just make sure that you're buying or selling to those who've been active recently and/or maybe frequent well known fields, otherwise it's a pretty big risk.
__________________
VFC SR416 ZTW

TM G17 Loki Tactical Pink - TM G19
Freeze is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.