Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Official I hate Canada postal service thread!!!

:

General

Closed Thread

Old November 25th, 2016, 14:06   #1231
NAAZ
One of those username tags...

ordered an MP5K upper receiver from TW. wonder if it'll get past customs without being checked. from what I've read from posts, lower receivers are usually restricted but that applies for the M4s whereas MP5 uppers are restricted since the serial is on the upper.

edit:
I ordered a full MP5K in sept and took 2 months before getting it since it was detained at customs. some scopes and other accessories got through within 2 weeks and wasn't checked. I'm taking a chance with the MP5 upper because I'm hoping the package would be small enough that customs wouldn't notice and so they won't inspect it.

the general concern is that since it's just the upper and if they inspect it, there's not gonna be any documentation that shows it shoots over 366 FPS and will be even more problematic than the MP5K that got held up for 2 months lol

Last edited by NAAZ; November 25th, 2016 at 14:10..
Old November 25th, 2016, 14:37   #1232
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

It is going to be more problematic for sure, because it doesn't shoot it is automatically a replica. Although, you are at the best time of the year for this, the upsurge in pre-xmas packages means there's less chance your package will be inspected.

Still, one would have thought you would have learned your lesson the first time...

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Old November 25th, 2016, 15:20   #1233
NAAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakker View Post
It is going to be more problematic for sure, because it doesn't shoot it is automatically a replica. Although, you are at the best time of the year for this, the upsurge in pre-xmas packages means there's less chance your package will be inspected.

Still, one would have thought you would have learned your lesson the first time...
hmm didn't think about the holidays craze for packaging. I guess it increases the success chance. well yes I know about the package the first time around, but the thing that made me follow through with the 2nd major order is that the 1st one wasn't destroyed. it got through (albeit a huge delay) after being successfully inspected.

but regardless, the doubt had always been there and always will be
Old December 7th, 2016, 09:19   #1234
NAAZ

Got my vfc mp5k upper receiver 5 days after it shipped. Like it got on the plane, then 2 days later it landed at customs, and 3 days later it got delivered. I have to say I'm quite surprised with customs.

Now, I've ordered 3 packages bought from Classified. How stupid of me to assume signature is auto-required, so I didn't ask. Now one package was supposedly delivered on Sunday, Monday and Yesterday. On Monday night the only package I got was the box on Sunday. Still waiting for the other packages even though tracking showed they already got delivered.
Old December 7th, 2016, 13:09   #1235
chaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by naaz View Post
got my vfc mp5k upper receiver 5 days after it shipped. Like it got on the plane, then 2 days later it landed at customs, and 3 days later it got delivered. I have to say i'm quite surprised with customs.

Now, i've ordered 3 packages bought from classified. How stupid of me to assume signature is auto-required, so i didn't ask. Now one package was supposedly delivered on sunday, monday and yesterday. On monday night the only package i got was the box on sunday. Still waiting for the other packages even though tracking showed they already got delivered.
stolen!
Old January 3rd, 2017, 18:18   #1236
Datawraith

Ugh... the guy I subletted a place from for school sent the keys via Canada Post. It's been 3 weeks and they're not admitting they lost it... It's a registered package too, and they won't pay me the $40 bucks PER KEY (3 keys so $120) it takes to get a new set from the management office because they're not admitting they lost it. I'm so done... Anybody can recommend a good mail carrier? I'm not using CP again...
Old January 4th, 2017, 10:19   #1237
NAAZ

'nuff said
Old February 23rd, 2017, 12:31   #1238
NAAZ

not a Canada Post issue, but rather DHL. after SEVERAL weeks of waiting, a package I ordered finally got shipped. the shipment itself was fast, but then cane an attempted delivery and I wasn't home due to work. they don't have a local facility in the area, so I'd have to drive an entire fking hour just to pick up a package that's I've paid for over a month ago. LOL

in this regard, CP > DHL because at least CP can hold on to your shit after an attempted delivery
Old February 23rd, 2017, 19:25   #1239
AnthonyG
LUser Title

I've had DHL deliver to my house before when I wasn't home. I'm pretty sure they give you the option to reschedule the delivery for when you know you'll be home?

*Busy signing for his packages*
Old August 1st, 2017, 09:32   #1240
NAAZ

this post is long overdue. ordered a custom steel slide and barrel kit from Hong Kong. it's over $300 USD alone lol. it's been stuck at customs.
Old April 9th, 2018, 14:32   #1241
BobbyDangerous

I’m getting zero scanning on a load of things I’ve ordered.

BA Level 3 Certified
Old May 17th, 2018, 19:20   #1242
AnthonyG
LUser Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyDangerous View Post
I’m getting zero scanning on a load of things I’ve ordered.
Most of my shipments from china dont even show up anymore. All i get is "could not find this item"

*Busy signing for his packages*
Old May 18th, 2018, 18:47   #1243
chaz

I've had items lately show up but according to CP they are still in transit or haven't even been accepted yet. Lol it's like they just don't care...
Old July 2nd, 2018, 16:53   #1244
ShiftGear

I was going to make my own thread but I figured I would make a post here first. I'm just looking for some general help here. I've sold items via forums/ebay before but never an airsoft gun. I'm selling my cm16 and I have a buyer, however I am wondering how do I ship it? I was just going to put it in it's original cardboard case it came with and then put that in a box, tape it up and go to Canada Post. Weight it and send it. Is that the general process or do you guys recommend something else? Sorry if this is a repetitive question, I did search. Also do I just say it's a toy gun? Thank you
Old July 2nd, 2018, 22:31   #1245
RainyEyes

Two ways: if you're shipping a gun size matters. The bigger dimension the more you will be billed especially for oblonged or unusual dimensioned parcels.

First method you can put it in a cardboard box and snuggly pack it with newsprint or other unwanted paper shreddings. Please do not put recycling bin contents that has contact with food matter e.g pop, juice, milk, etc. Ergo don't be a douchebag.

Second is to ship the product in it's original box and cover it with brown wrapping paper. They're about $2-3 per roll at Dollarama and will typically be enough to cover most parcels just remember to stock up on packing tape to seal it.

The second method might save you a few dollars from buying a when other bigger box which will cost $$ to buy and more $$$ to ship.
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General