Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

New to Airsoft

:

Newbie Tank

Old December 21st, 2011, 20:12   #16
frackz

need my AGE Veri to kick in so i can take a look for mags and possibly a seconday in there
frackz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2011, 20:41   #17
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Oh ya toronto area, you'll find weekend games just remember you need a gun bag/case for thoseQ
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2011, 20:46   #18
FreelancerInc

Quote:
Originally Posted by frackz View Post
Addiction started.. was going for PTW's but since I play hard(thinking of paintball) i think i better start light...

king arms m4a1 n hk mp5 from uramex it is.
if you think your going to be "hard" on your gun then you shouldn't discount the ptw. they are extremely strong guns and are less likely to break then your regular aeg. if you have the money for a ptw i do IN MY OPINION think they are the best choice.

there is alot of debate about a stock ptw vs a very well modified aeg. but in the end IN MY OPINION its prefrence.

my favourite gun is my ca g36ras because it weighs half as much as my ptw, and feel great in my hands. but my ptw is mag campatible with everyone else on the team i play on. however more then likely if/when you join a team mag campatibility will still be a issue
Old December 21st, 2011, 20:49   #19
frackz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt Caliber View Post
Oh ya toronto area, you'll find weekend games just remember you need a gun bag/case for thoseQ
just ordered some of milsig there on sale for 19bucks
Old December 21st, 2011, 20:50   #20
frackz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreelancerInc View Post
if you think your going to be "hard" on your gun then you shouldn't discount the ptw. they are extremely strong guns and are less likely to break then your regular aeg. if you have the money for a ptw i do IN MY OPINION think they are the best choice.

there is alot of debate about a stock ptw vs a very well modified aeg. but in the end IN MY OPINION its prefrence.

my favourite gun is my ca g36ras because it weighs half as much as my ptw, and feel great in my hands. but my ptw is mag campatible with everyone else on the team i play on. however more then likely if/when you join a team mag campatibility will still be a issue
your absolutely right ..knowing the way I am a PTW isnt to off in the future

I have been eyeing the MP5 for quite some time.
Old December 21st, 2011, 21:13   #21
FreelancerInc

there are mp5 ptws, they are fairly rare and discontinued so parts/upgrades are even harder to find, we have one on our team and it does very well against longer guns.

i may come across as a ptw pusher but its personal prefrence and you need to way the pros and cons to make your own decision. like i mentioned there are alot of opinions on both and so there is also alot of threads about both. i tell every "new" player the same thing....read read and read some more. this is my first year in the sport and i spend 3-4 hours a day on these forums and others just reading threads about everything.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 12:42   #22
frackz

Quote:
there are mp5 ptws, they are fairly rare and discontinued so parts/upgrades are even harder to find, we have one on our team and it does very well against longer guns.

i may come across as a ptw pusher but its personal prefrence and you need to way the pros and cons to make your own decision. like i mentioned there are alot of opinions on both and so there is also alot of threads about both. i tell every "new" player the same thing....read read and read some more. this is my first year in the sport and i spend 3-4 hours a day on these forums and others just reading threads about everything.
I have read all the threads on laws regardng importation.

I have question when it comes to accessories..example PTW mags are found much cheaper abroad....Do things like mags often get confiscated at the border?
Old December 22nd, 2011, 12:49   #23
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Quote:

I'm sorry but where are you getting your information?

Quote:
I have read all the threads on laws regardng importation.

I have question when it comes to accessories..example PTW mags are found much cheaper abroad....Do things like mags often get confiscated at the border?
Read them again, and again, and again. and again, then get verified.
Mags don't get confiscated unless there are fake rounds.
there was a list somewhere of legal import items
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2011, 16:45   #24
surebet
Vicious MSPaint Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.T.Z View Post
I'm sorry but where are you getting your information?
Uh, could've sworn they were pulled a year after launch, I see them in stock in HK.

Stop American Censorship
surebet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2011, 17:55   #25
frackz

I see the Systema PTW MP5 still available.

Proce of two guns and mags I was going to get I could just get one PTW.

I did search but I could not find anything regarding the Systema TW5, and its ability to be used in large outdoor fields.

Would the accuracy and FPS bold well in the larger outdoor terrain type game play against all those AR type AEG\PTW's?
Old December 22nd, 2011, 19:18   #26
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy

Quote:
airsoft not marker lol.

out of curiosity I have been looking through the event and find there very sproadic and well they are actualyl "events."

So airsoft is not as mainstream as paintball then in ontario? Guessing there is no where to go play when you really want to.. its more of keep a look out to someone to host or cater to the airsoft crowd?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozzie View Post
Where do you live? Even now in the off season you should be able to find a game every weekend.
Quote:
427 and Finch area (Etobicoke)
These places have "Open Airsoft Nights" they're more like pick-up games and short skirmishes rather than structured scenario based games or milsims. Which may be what you're used to with paintball, can be fun if thats what you're into. Keep an eye out in the events section for milsims and scenario based games IMO those are the best games. They're what makes airsoft so much better that paintball.

Paintball City has airsoft every Saturday night 7pm-12

Sgt. Splatters Every Sunday night from 7pm-12

Last edited by Kozzie; December 22nd, 2011 at 22:10..
Kozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2011, 20:31   #27
FreelancerInc

yes the tw5 does very well in large outdoor games, in the right hands it can out preform a m4a1
Old December 23rd, 2011, 15:43   #28
frackz

I hope there are some in the buy sections i'm waiting till the 25th before i put a order in at another Canadian vendor.

Come on database update
Old December 27th, 2011, 14:07   #29
frackz

Offically addicted...

There is a dealer with KA M4's for 299 in canada.. i went to test them out and man there sick especially at a clean $299 each.... BUUUTTTTTT i went looking for two guns a mp5(all time fav), a m4or36 and I was eyeing Cotinni thread for some time for a nice peice of side arm.

Someobody brought there PTW gun in to verify if some RIS Lite rail thing handguard would fit and I got to play with it for a little bit. I didnt get to shoot it but I held it dropped in mag..shouldered it..slung it.. very comfortable weight wise similar to my tippman x7 marker when it all all the metal accessories on it.

I dunno it just felt "right." Strong like bull...

My going out budget for the next 4 months is done LOL :P I ended up buying a Systema m4 and tw5 ....i couldnt decide on one....i tried honestly..i failed. Good news is i wont get the bill till end of Jan...couple with whatever i spend when i party on new years I'mma be puhiiissseeedd LOL :P
Old December 27th, 2011, 14:22   #30
Raskas
formerly Someone110

Quote:
Offically addicted...

There is a dealer with KA M4's for 299 in canada.. i went to test them out and man there sick especially at a clean $299 each.... BUUUTTTTTT i went looking for two guns a mp5(all time fav), a m4or36 and I was eyeing Cotinni thread for some time for a nice peice of side arm.

Someobody brought there PTW gun in to verify if some RIS Lite rail thing handguard would fit and I got to play with it for a little bit. I didnt get to shoot it but I held it dropped in mag..shouldered it..slung it.. very comfortable weight wise similar to my tippman x7 marker when it all all the metal accessories on it.

I dunno it just felt "right." Strong like bull...

My going out budget for the next 4 months is done LOL :P I ended up buying a Systema m4 and tw5 ....i couldnt decide on one....i tried honestly..i failed. Good news is i wont get the bill till end of Jan...couple with whatever i spend when i party on new years I'mma be puhiiissseeedd LOL :P
So, you couldn't decide which 2000-2500 dollar supergun you wanted, so you got BOTH?

I am SO hating you from a safe distance right now.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank