Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

G&G,ICS, Clasic Army,TM,JG or ur fav

:

Newbie Tank

Old May 13th, 2009, 20:59   #31
yuhaoyang
asexual lumbricus terrestris

Send a message via MSN to yuhaoyang
V3 mechboxes also have all the parts readily avalible, and most external accessories are no harder to get than MP5s, it's just harder than an M4 =p. Heavier BBs won't damage the gun at all, probably the ideal BB weight is .25; anything higher and it would slow down the travel rate of the BB too much, and you get people pulling off BB dodging, and to light will make the BB unstable (the slightest breeze will blow it off course).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
The chinese steal everything. Haven't seen an original idea come out of that country yet.
yuhaoyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2009, 21:09   #32
CrazyWulf

Send a message via Yahoo to CrazyWulf
ah ok dident know that about the bbs thank you.

i first thought id get an m4 but i dont like the look. well ok theres just one part of it i dont like look of and some just look to long like the m16.

im honestly not sure what i want anymore lol. geting all confussed. i shouldent be so worried about looks should i?
CrazyWulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2009, 21:12   #33
yuhaoyang

pick the one that looks and feels the most AWESOME! Because of the internet you can get almost every single part for almost every single gun pretty quickly. WGCshop, redwolf, ehobbyasia, airsoftparts, ect. ect. Pick the gun based on your height, playing style, ect. ect. and just keep the mechbox difference issue in the back of your mind, done. Or just show up to a game and try out the common ones. (most will be M4 or AKs either way)
Quote:
The chinese steal everything. Haven't seen an original idea come out of that country yet.
Old May 13th, 2009, 21:17   #34
CrazyWulf

ok good idea. how do i know what play style i am if i dont play first person shooters or call of duty halo etc? i cant play them lol i suck.

in any other game i play im a defensive person.

ya i was thinkin about stoping by a game but i cant this upcomeing weekend couse ill be busy at 400 market lol. and me and wife hate going out on the busy may 2-4 weekend
Old May 13th, 2009, 21:22   #35
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Internal wise an MP5 uses an a V2 Mechbox, while an AK uses a V3. The majority of parts are interchangeable for the most part. There are a few differences internally such as air seal nozzle for example. Anyways, all MP5s uses the V2 mechbox, minus the MP5K which uses the V3. Alot of people will say that the V3 design is more robust and will out last a V2 any day, but I believe its all a matter of opinion. A well maintained Version 2 mechbox will last just as long as any other mechbox out there.

In the end, get what ever meets your budget and feels most comfy. One of the best things you could do aside from reading is drop by a game and see if you can handle a couple of AEGs to see what feels comfy to you.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2009, 21:26   #36
CrazyWulf

oh ok dident know that about the mechboxs. thank you. and ya i keep hearing i should. and i probly will as soon as i can.

thank you fer helping. thank you everyone. now i just gota wiat till a game happens close by that i can make lol. things be so much easyer if i was close to toronto lol
Old May 13th, 2009, 21:37   #37
Donster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skladfin View Post
inner barrels length have nothing to do with range.
how so? i thought a longer barrel would provide more accuracy and range? that is what the FAQ says.
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2009, 21:54   #38
Crunchmeister

A longer inner barrel will increase your range. But the increase isn't all the significant. A well tuned MP5 will have an effective range of 100-125 feet. A full length M16 will have an effective range of 125-150 feet. Your BBs can travel farther than that, but won't be accurate outside of your effective range. There is an increase, but it's not significant.

A tightbore barrel will increase your velocity, range (somewhat), but its greatest effect is tightening up your groupings at a distance. within your effective range (which the tightbore will increase), your groupings will be a lot tighter. To me, having a tightbore is much more effective than simply a longer barrel.

Yeah, a longer barrel will help for sure, but it's not the be-all end all of the gun. There's no reason that you can't use a short barrel gun for outdoor gaming as long as it's shooting straight and consistently.

Last edited by Crunchmeister; May 13th, 2009 at 21:59..
Crunchmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2009, 21:59   #39
Skladfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONSTER 125 View Post
how so? i thought a longer barrel would provide more accuracy and range? that is what the FAQ says.
How so? Well, how would it? I would like that explained first

Longer barrel would provide better accuracy slightly(Better groupings, not consistency).

It gives you slightly more range because it gives you a few bits more FPS. that's why people say longer barrel = more range.

Hope that helps
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2009, 22:11   #40
yuhaoyang

I thought when people bought a new barrel they would instinctively get a tightbore, not just get a longer 6.08, ok reword, if you get a MP5 SD, get a longer tightbore inner barrel.
Quote:
Old May 13th, 2009, 22:16   #41
CrazyWulf

lol. even tho i dont know the diff between tightbore and none id probly go tightbore sinces thats what i seem to be hearing alot of and nothing bad of
Old May 13th, 2009, 22:18   #42
Cuddles

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWulf View Post
oh ok dident know that about the mechboxs. thank you. and ya i keep hearing i should. and i probly will as soon as i can.

thank you fer helping. thank you everyone. now i just gota wiat till a game happens close by that i can make lol. things be so much easyer if i was close to toronto lol
You can also go to http://www.mechbox.com/ for more information on gearboxes and detailed disassembly/reassembly videos.

Keep in mind that as a beginner, it is not really recommended to be taking apart your gun. However, if you have the time and money, it is recommended that you meet up with your local gun doc and you can quickly learn how to strip your gun and upgrade it appropriately.
Cuddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2009, 22:18   #43
yuhaoyang

standard barrel inner diameter=6.08mm
tightbores go from I think 6.05-6.01mm
Quote:
Old May 13th, 2009, 22:20   #44
CrazyWulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuddles View Post
You can also go to http://www.mechbox.com/ for more information on gearboxes and detailed disassembly/reassembly videos.

Keep in mind that as a beginner, it is not really recommended to be taking apart your gun. However, if you have the time and money, it is recommended that you meet up with your local gun doc and you can quickly learn how to strip your gun and upgrade it appropriately.
ah ok ty. and ya me takeing apart stuff and changeing things aint normaly a good thing. lol im not that great with that kinda thing even tho i like to think i am lol.

ty fer the info ill look into it. and ya thatd be cool.
Old May 13th, 2009, 23:41   #45
georgehutchison

hey man dont forget we play down here 2 times a week. You can see, touch, shot everything from Aks, m4s, mp5, g36s and gbbs. i can pm you next time we go out. Usually every weds night and sundays. As far as being confused, simple answer. Get the best gun you can afford and try to surrond yourself with helpful people. Your really in the dark asking all these questions without seeing first hand the differences. These forums are full of Chevy vs Ford people and everyone has a opinion. No one is right or wrong its just what fits them better. I have owned Tm, Classic army, KWA, Jg, ICS, Kjw, G&P and G&G. I love them all for different reasons. The only guns that frustrate me are inexpensive clone type guns, really they are the only unreliable ones. Knock on wood but my KWA m4 tac has been Gamed on 11.1 lipo about 25 games and never one hiccup. come to a field and check everything out. We are only 30 minutes from you and there is no reason to have to go all the way to Toronto unless you want to.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank