Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Glock 23 not shooting

:

Doctor's Corner

Old December 25th, 2005, 10:22   #1
GraveRobber

Glock 23 not shooting

Ok. I got a glock 23f and it wont fire. One thing i noticed is that i cant put it in semi auto/auto without pulling the slide back a bit. It shoots when turned upside down, but not rightside up. Theres a rod/ bar that pushes a trigger and releases the gas. This bar is below the little trigger until you put the magazine in then it gets pushed up. I took the slide off and put the mag in and it gets pushed up just like its spossed to... but i put the slide on and it wont fire. Please help this is my first pistol and i got it for christmas.
GraveRobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2005, 11:47   #2
WhatTheWho

Load magazine.

Pull slide back, and lock it.

Switch into semi auto or full auto.

Release slide.

Fire.

(Select Fire Glocks can only change fire modes when the slide is locked back if it was set in same mode with the hammer down. You should always change fire modes with the slide locked back anyways to keep your fire selector in good shape.)
Old December 25th, 2005, 11:53   #3
GraveRobber

Well I loaded a mag up and locked the slide back and selected fire modes... still nothing.
Old December 25th, 2005, 14:40   #4
WhatTheWho

Are you able to pull the trigger? Did you gas up the magazine right?
Old December 25th, 2005, 16:57   #5
Greylocks

I bet nobody ever showed you how to put the gas in the magazine. It's probably not the way you think.
Read up on that, see if that solves your problem.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2005, 18:22   #6
Kid

Gas Filling - Big thanks to MadMax at Airsoft-Innovations.com!
Yes. I know. It is an assembly video. But near the end it shows the correct way to fill. Do it now. Make sure your can is upside down.
Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2005, 18:38   #7
GraveRobber

ok guys. Im filling the mag right. I know that for a fact because my friend has 4 Gbb's and he is puzzled as well.
Old December 25th, 2005, 18:40   #8
GraveRobber

Plus it still shoots if i turn it upside down to engage the rod thingy... read the original post
Old December 25th, 2005, 22:58   #9
Dynamo
Harvester of Noobs' Sorrow

Send a message via MSN to Dynamo
when you say it wont fire do you mean it wont cycle(slide doesnt move) or do you mean that it doest shoot out a BB but still cycles?
clear this up and maybe you may have the same problem that my firend had with his glock.
Dynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2005, 00:53   #10
GraveRobber

when i pull the trigger it is limp and nothing happens... at all. If i turn it upside down it will shoot normally (bb comes out and slide moves and loads another bb). If i turn the gun upside down and put enough pressure on the trigger top keep the bar in place and turn it rightside up i can fire. Doing this i can get 2-3 BB refills on one gas refill. We are going to take the gun back today and either get them to fix it or get a new one. Thanks anyways
Old December 26th, 2005, 14:49   #11
GraveRobber

Ok. I think i know the problem. Could i have got the wrong mag? The seller had it on display and just grabbed a mag and put it in. When i put the mag in there is a curved cutout in the mag. This cutout is supossed to contact a tab that raises a bar up so it can push a trigger to release the hammer. This cutout is not high enough up on the mag to push the bar up. Is this possible? Anyways im going tomorrow (they arent open today) to see if they can fix it or give me a new gun but any help is still appreciated.
Old December 26th, 2005, 16:49   #12
JohnnyDo

Send a message via MSN to JohnnyDo
humm .. seems to me the spring that conencts to the trigger bar (the bar that goes from the trigger to the back of the gun) is broken or plain missing. check that

the spring puts tension on thebat and raises it such that when you pull the trigger the bar engages the lever in teh back of the gun so it releases the hammer. if this spring is not there or is broken then when you turn the gun upside down, gravity pulls the bar down and does the same job. now if the spring is not there then when you hold the gun normally, the trigger bar just falls down and will not engage the lever that locks the hammer in place.
JohnnyDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2005, 18:32   #13
GraveRobber

Thats it! Thanks alot Johnny, i might even have a spring that will fit for the time being.

Thanks for everyones help!
Old December 26th, 2005, 19:18   #14
GraveRobber

I made a spring and it works perfectly. I will go tomorrow and see if he has a real spring or order one for me. It was a bugger to get in tho lol.

This forum is great! :mrgreen:
Old December 26th, 2005, 19:23   #15
JohnnyDo

Send a message via MSN to JohnnyDo
hehe no problem man. I've spent enough time under the hood of my own glocks to translate what you said to what could be the problem. Glad to be of service.

if you can't find the part your looking for I suggest getting in touch with Jugglez as he does alot of group orders out to Sask.

link

you might even be able to get in with a bunch of other people to save on shipping charges etc. I highly recomend him.
JohnnyDo is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner