Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

anderson order

:

General

Closed Thread

Old July 31st, 2008, 19:02   #91
Gryphon

I thought people might like to know, Mark Anderson posted yesterday on the Manitoba Airsoft Association site that he now has KSC and KWA pistols for sale, and Classic Army AEGs.
Old July 31st, 2008, 19:07   #92
Jackals

Send a message via MSN to Jackals Send a message via Skype™ to Jackals
Gryp, can you "repost" that here for everyone to see.
Old July 31st, 2008, 19:23   #93
Gryphon

Sorry but I don't think it's really proper for me to do that?
Old July 31st, 2008, 19:52   #94
demco11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drache View Post
I can walk into Chilcotin Guns right now and ask for a restricted firearm imported in from the States and I dont have to pay a dime until it arrives. Of course I've done lots of business with them but even then, it was MAYBE a 25% deposit required.

If you are a business then ACT like a business!
Dude, your talking about buying a real gun... that is WAY different than airsoft... WAY different.

and a 300% markup? sounds almost right... but its not ALL profit...
There are many hidden costs beside the gun cost.
-Currency exchange
-Shipping cost
-Duties & taxes
-Brokerage fees
-A little to pay off their permits/license
-Misc. costs

All those are added in before the importer can add on a small markup to have a profit.
Old July 31st, 2008, 20:21   #95
Crunchmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
I thought people might like to know, Mark Anderson posted yesterday on the Manitoba Airsoft Association site that he now has KSC and KWA pistols for sale, and Classic Army AEGs.
Yeah, he's not going to let the airsoft cash cow get away from him after he's been accustomed to milking it. Airsoft if a fucking goldmine in Canada, because you can charge whatever the fuck you want for it, and people will buy it because there's no other alternative. And seeing how his gun prices increased about 10% per month for his last 4 months in operation, he was making large. He may be closed to the public, but I don't see him giving up his gold mine. I didn't believe it when he first announced it, and this goes to prove it.

I don't give a shit what any of the A&A supporters have to say. Mark imports the guns himself, therefor he pays no markup to an importer like all the other retailers. Look at what the guns cost on Redwolf and the other sites. With the volume he was buying, people are idiots if they think he was paying retail price for them. He was getting wholesale prices, although probably not as low to other internation dealers due to the limited amount he could get into Canada at once. And I also call bullshit on the "high shipping costs". Funny, because airsoft guns in the US cost the same as in Asia. It doesn't cost any more to ship a crate of guns to the US than it does to Canada.

The fact is, none of you know any more about his behind the scenes dealings than the rest of us. You just use the "he's a nice guy", "he's busy" and "he's on vacation" (with the markups he has, no wonder he can afford to spend 4 months of the year on vacation) to defend his actions, no matter how underhanded they may be, when the rest of us (including those who got screwed firsthand) use common sense instead. So Anderson supporters can continue sticking their heads in the sand while he's busy screwing you all in the ass.

The bottom line is that regardless of whether or not he lost money with guns seized in customs, he is a legal business and has a responsibility to his customers. His customs problems are not his customers' problems. They deal with him, he deals with customs. He took their money up front for a product, and because he's losing money, he decides that he just keeps his customers' money. That's wrong on so many levels and I just can't understand how people are vocally defending that.

Now, I should add that I personally never had a problem with A&A. I bought several items from Mark and the transactions always went smoothly. However, regardless of my personal experience, I still find his business practices with his other customers descpicable.
Old July 31st, 2008, 21:26   #96
zone 69

Quote:
See for yourself::http://mb-airsoft.com/forum/index.php
Old July 31st, 2008, 21:44   #97
mcguyver

Quote:
Which only works if you have approved access to that forum section. Mine was removed when he did the "sale to only MAA members" thing last January.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
Old July 31st, 2008, 21:50   #98
Danke

You'll only have access to that area if you're verified by a local in person.

Regardless I would tend to belive what Gryphon has posted. That stays in line with what was stated by Mark when he closed the public Airsoft store.
Old July 31st, 2008, 22:40   #99
mcguyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
You'll only have access to that area if you're verified by a local in person.
I was. I've been to Mark's place in person, as well as at Keystone in '06. Most MAA guys have met me in person, but I'm not an MAA member or a local player. I think that was Mark's idea at the time.

Old July 31st, 2008, 23:18   #100
mr.meoff
Banned

not sure what you guys are talking about but this GRYPHON guy is an asshole and doesn't have a clue what he is talking about I talked to Mark today and this Andrew guy has his ass stuck up somebodies eles ass as he doesn' now anything anout anything and I'm not sure but I think he is only 14
Old July 31st, 2008, 23:24   #101
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.meoff View Post
not sure what you guys are talking about but this GRYPHON guy is an asshole and doesn't have a clue what he is talking about I talked to Mark today and this Andrew guy has his ass stuck up somebodies eles ass as he doesn' now anything anout anything and I'm not sure but I think he is only 14
coming from a brand new member who ISNT age verified makes me wonder....
Old July 31st, 2008, 23:25   #102
mcguyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.meoff View Post
LOL!!!

Old July 31st, 2008, 23:45   #103
zone 69

So your saying that Manitoba Airsoft Association forum is a Private forum for locals only.? Did I waste my time signing up.

Last edited by zone 69; July 31st, 2008 at 23:47..
Old July 31st, 2008, 23:46   #104
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone 69 View Post
So your saying that Manitoba Airsoft Association forum is a Private forum for locals only.?
I think they are talking about a certain section of it....
Old August 1st, 2008, 00:20   #105
arman

Quote:
Sorry but I don't think it's really proper for me to do that?
proper??? stealing YOUR 1000 buck is??? fk him post that shit!!!!

playing with my kid!
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General