Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Good loadout for cm16?

:

Newbie Tank

Old December 26th, 2014, 15:38   #1
Tgip_tma

Good loadout for cm16?

Hello,
I am new to airsoft and just got a G&G CM16 a few weeks ago. I was wondering what you guys would recommend for attachments and/or other accessories for under 105$ Thanks for your help
Tgip_tma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2014, 15:43   #2
L473ncy

Kind of hard to tell you what you want unless YOU know what you want.

I could go so far as to say, get a heavy ass PEQ2 which I think might look cool but others not so much.

However, most people end up getting Magpul stuff for their rifles.

I'm a lot more simple and minimalist and have a set of minimalist KAC BUIS sights (BUIS post and micro iron sights, or BUIS post and triangle sight), and a Tango down vert grip that I use as a barricade support more than a grip. You could get a cheap red dot even.
Old December 26th, 2014, 15:57   #3
grantmac

Midcaps, should be every players first upgrade.

Grant
grantmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2014, 16:39   #4
Tgip_tma

Thank you both for your input, however, the site I'm using does not have the tango down grip but I'm pretty sure that's replaceable and I'll easily be able to get a cheap red dot sight. I'll get some midcaps too

(I'm using Herooutdoors.com
Tgip_tma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2014, 16:45   #5
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Use lowcaps, they'll make you a better player.
Just upgrade your gun as you need to. First step should be a good hop rubber and some .25s or .28s though
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2015, 11:58   #6
MaritimeManiac

Like thunder said above...upgrade as you need. I also picked up a new R8-L and was pretty ansy to make it look like something out of a movie. After some more research (and realizing the prices) I determined it's better to stick it out with what I have now and get some experience playing and then get what you see neccessary.

Obviously picking up a sight, some extra mags and things like such will only help, but before you go buying bipods that you won't use or two lasers, and a flashlight only to find out you wont be playing in any games in the future that require such externals.

Again, I'm just transitioning to the sport too... so I might be slightly off with my opinion, but with a limit budget for now, Ill focuse on getting things that make your day at the field alittle easier like a solid pair of boots or I just picked up a comfy chest rig with MOLLE to customize it to my likings.

Cheers!

By the same reasoning, my car's gastank is "rated" for 40L, so I should be able to magically force 10% more gas in for 44L.
MaritimeManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2015, 17:14   #7
Slodin

105 dollars, that enough for a lot
4 mid caps, usually enough - $50?
a cheap red dot - $30? maybe add a protective lens? or even a eotech sight around 50
a decent flashlight with pressure pad - $30?
I play night games sometimes, so flashlight is needed..so if you do too, then you would need one
Old January 26th, 2015, 23:08   #8
Bigload

Aside from accessories. His about a good eye protection that doesn't fog.
Bigload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2015, 08:51   #9
Shamusodoofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigload View Post
Aside from accessories. His about a good eye protection that doesn't fog.
I feel this is one of the most overlooked items in one's loadout. When I initially started airsofting my biggest gripe were my goggles fogging up. No matter how expensive or how accurate your gun, you can't use it effectively if you don't know where you're shooting! It's much more fun to play with a $100 gun, and be able to see than to play with a $2000 gun and not be able to see.

I don't have experience with the anti fog patches or sprays but my solution to this issue was to buy a pair of ESS Turbofans (cheaper alternative are the Turbofan clones); solved all my issues. I know people recommend removing the foam surrounding the goggles to allow better ventilation, but I feel that can be potentially dangerous. Much like how many fields don't allow mesh goggles due to BB breakage/shrapnel, I feel removing that foam could potentially allow for a small BB shard to pass through and cause some serious damage.
Shamusodoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2015, 10:45   #10
waylander

Just get mags and spend the rest on good boots, eye pro, gloves... etc. No point in having a pimped out gun, playing in your old running shoes then having to quit after an hour because you ran through a few puddles and now have blisters the size of your brand new red dot sight on your heel....

After you have the essentials, then start thinking accessories.

Last edited by waylander; January 27th, 2015 at 16:34..
waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2015, 16:13   #11
Flawless

I wouldn't cheap out on a red dot. The cheap ones tend to break and are pretty bad quality and the batteries run out fast. Get a decent red dot later, when you have another 100$

Use this 100$ to get mags and maybe a new hop up bucking. maybe a fore grip or rail covers.

Last edited by Flawless; January 27th, 2015 at 16:16..
Flawless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2015, 17:03   #12
zombiesniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by waylander View Post
Just get mags and spend the rest on good boots, eye pro, gloves... etc. No point in having a pimped out gun, playing in your old running shoes then having to quit after an hour because you ran through a few puddles and now have blisters the size of your brand new red dot sight on your heel....

After you have the essentials, then start thinking accessories.
Fully agree with above.
Oder of priority should be

eyepro (no Korean knock offs) since nobody will let you play without.

Decent boots. These will pay for themselves with the decreased chance of foot problems, ankle injuries, etc.

All other gear/accessories.
zombiesniper is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank