Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

getting yelled at for not feeling bb hit?

:

Newbie Tank

Old October 21st, 2014, 17:03   #31
grantmac

Heavier BBs are really part of getting hits called. I personally don't like getting shot with .2g since they don't produce any sound or sensation past 20m or so. Then again I also would prefer than people range at most low-caps and semi-only, so I'm a weird one perhaps.

Making hits count:
Good heavy ammo
Know your maximum point-blank distance (where BB travels level)

For goodness sake don't just stand at either end of an open area then try to lob BBs at each other. Flank em and get your hits at a range they can feel.

-Grant
grantmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2014, 18:37   #32
Oberon_WinterStorm

Send a message via MSN to Oberon_WinterStorm Send a message via Yahoo to Oberon_WinterStorm Send a message via Skype™ to Oberon_WinterStorm
Great thread, I can understand the desire to light somebody who doesn't call their hits up like a Christmas tree, but dumping a mag at them wouldn't be a good use of ammo, WE Scar L GBBR, I dont have the ammo to waste. But I may carry a CO2 Mag of Pain with .3s...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Oberon_WinterStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2014, 18:57   #33
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Keep in mind, designing your gun around higher damage on target with the idea that someone wont call their hits, is mostly going to hurt the people who DO call their hits.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2014, 19:37   #34
Cliffradical
butthurt for not having a user title

Yeah, not really a good solution to the problem.

There's taking full stock of possible scenarios and planning for them, and then there's malignant paranoia.
Cliffradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2014, 10:53   #35
brock0

I have to echo a sentiment expressed earlier; I can't stand people who don't wear face pro and then go ballistic when they get hit in the face. If it's a full auto dump from 10 feet, then by all means, but don't be that person (on either end of that scenario).

Everything else has already been said - don't ever call another players hits period, nothing good will be achieved.

Better to err on the side of caution when calling your own hits as well. If it's marginal, just call hit and you'll always be doing the right thing. I recall one game where I was crouched behind a tree and my dump pouch was sticking out and took an audible semi-auto hit from long range. While I was internally debating whether or not I was hit, a nearby team-mate actually told me "that's a hit, you need to call that" and since then I've been pretty cautious with it.

That's not to say it won't come up because it does. Last game out I made an aggressive pistol rush on a group of players, hit the deck behind a plywood barricade, and did some peek shooting. After my squad cleaned up and the dead were leaving the area, one of the dead players asked me if I was sure I hadn't been hit as he could have sworn he hit me in the helmet. I didn't feel anything, and I only heard BBs smacking off wood. It's just the nature of the game.
brock0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2014, 11:54   #36
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

That's why, unless it's a dead-to-rights shot, I always double or triple tap my targets. I don't aim for the head of I have reasonable alternative, and at range I Fire until I hear an audible "HIT!" from the target player.
Old November 1st, 2014, 01:07   #37
Zfurlong

Kamikaze?

Something a friend of mine used to do was pull a tornado grenade and rush. If he got hit along the way he tossed it as close to the cheat as possible. Then if they still didn't call hit, that's when he went to the refs
Zfurlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2014, 23:37   #38
professionalnewguy

I want to feel my hits, because i would want my opponents to feel theirs, and as such I will take this into consideration when selecting my clothes for airsoft.
professionalnewguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2014, 02:01   #39
Red Dot
Google level: BOSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by professionalnewguy View Post
I want to feel my hits, because i would want my opponents to feel theirs, and as such I will take this into consideration when selecting my clothes for airsoft.
Eh, it happens that you and others sometimes don't feel hits. Not the end of the world.

It's the people who cheat and don't respect the game by disregarding hits that pisses everyone off royally.
Red Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2014, 11:20   #40
kalnaren

It's generally accepted that, sometimes, people aren't going to feel or hear a hit. 95% of the time that's all that it is. In my experience it becomes pretty obvious when people chronically don't call hits. A few well placed shots to the goggles usually solves that (I don't advocate shooting people in the head.. but sometimes it's required).

I've actually had more problems with people not stop shooting me when I call hit. Sometimes they don't hear/can't see when you call it.. but I've had fuckers give me rounds in the back while I'm walking off the field.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2014, 12:18   #41
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
I've actually had more problems with people not stop shooting me when I call hit. Sometimes they don't hear/can't see when you call it.. but I've had fuckers give me rounds in the back while I'm walking off the field.
I get that pretty often. People get in the moment too much and can't identify what is and what isn't a threat...

Like a gun in the air or muzzle down or slung on the back. Or seeing someone's back.

"Is he hit? I dunno, his back looks sort of threatening, better put another 20 rounds in him"
Old November 18th, 2014, 12:30   #42
nstahl.19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
.. but I've had fuckers give me rounds in the back while I'm walking off the field.
I believe that happens to everyone lol, most of my welts are from that ha.
nstahl.19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2014, 15:09   #43
kalnaren

Worst ones I've had people do it after the game is called. It's like "fucking really??" Complete dbag behaviour there.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
Old November 18th, 2014, 15:51   #44
nstahl.19

Like intentionally, even tho they knew the game was over? Or didnt want it to be over(still in the moment xD)? I get it things can get heated but shooting someone outta rage must make them feel real tough. Thats bannable at any field/event ive ever known.
nstahl.19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2014, 19:55   #45
kalnaren

I've had a couple of instances playing skirmishes where i was shot as everyone is walking off the field and back to the staging area. It's admittedly rare, but happened more than once.

Quote:
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank