Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

"Legalizing" hard to get airsoft guns.

:

Newbie Tank

Old January 23rd, 2010, 22:45   #31
Kos-Mos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzed View Post
That's just as much work as stuffing it in a a big freight liner storage container filled with rotten potatoes.
Lord of War, 2005

I call BS.

I know a whole bunch of machinists. Most are past 40, because milling and making parts is not something you can learn at school. You learn the techniques, but can't learn the skills. At 23, you would have done a basic 2 years machinist course, and maybe have 3-4 years of good experience in the market.

Now I know a guy that makes parts for Diemaco... that is Colt Canada just so you know. He is now 38 and managed to get the job there after a whole bunch of background check and a good 10+ years of experience.

Say, if you can make a few for you and your friends, what machine do you plan to use? And what tolerance do you think would be needed to fit most "M4" you can find on US retaillers? Running a CNC or all old-school?

Making a mold for clear injection would cost about 20-25k to have the mold made. That does not include the design or the first production run. Now to deserve a mold, you would need to make at the very least 6-7k units, because a piece like the receiver would require at least a 4 pieces mold and setup for that kind of mold is not cheap. That is implying that you have contacts in China to have the parts made between two runs in a larger factory. Making the injection local would raise the cost by about 20%, and that is all that you could dream to get in profits from the sale of theses... And they are clear in a country where it is easy as hell to get a clear receiver, but everyone wants to change to a black receiver. I GAVE my ICS clear receiver to a random guy that broke his. It's worth that much.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 00:26   #32
T-Hell

Good luck on the L85 Parts.... They are a major pain the ass to find.

I KNOW

Rhino Living

http://www.nordicbattlegroup.ca
T-Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 00:43   #33
Ayashifx55

where are you going to find receivers in canada for SCAR, Famas , L85 , P90 and mp40 ...? good luck lol
Old January 24th, 2010, 05:42   #34
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw

Location: Mississauga, ON -- The Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep
I don't see why everyone tries to find ways to circumvent the AV system with even more illegal methods than smuggling an entire gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
This is the equivalent to knocking on deaths door and blowing his head off with a shotgun.
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 06:10   #35
Strelok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw View Post
I don't see why everyone tries to find ways to circumvent the AV system with even more illegal methods than smuggling an entire gun.
Because they have nothing better to do than come up with some kind of wacky alternative to suit them better than.. Well, the sheer convenience of what we have now, for some reason... Somehow?

I have no idea either.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 11:43   #36
The Chad
formerly LoveMyStubby

CBSA told me that even if I had a "Cansoft" gun, I would be able to leave the country, but they would never let me back in with it.

Airsoft guns are considered Replica Firearms because they are exact replicas of real firearms. You can argue the interpretation of this act but I think the OPP does a better one. I called the OPP and CBSA from overseas to ask about bringing airsoft back to Canada.

1. cannot be over 500fps, if above, must be registered and is considered a firearm.
2. must be noticeably a toy (by someone with knowledge of firearms)
3. If not noticably a toy, the owner must have proof that the air gun was purchased before 1989.
4. If not noticably a toy, and the owner can prove purchase was prior to 1989, ownership may not be passed to another individual.
5. Exempt from these laws are Military, Law enforcement, and those holding a "movie prop permit."

Our airsoft guns are mostly as illegal as a butterfly or switchblade knife. If you don't declare at the border and get caught, you might face some serious crap importing "Prohibited" devices into Canada.
If you were trying to insert a magazine into another magazine then I guess that would be indeed ghey. Inserting a magazine in a magwell seems rather hetero to me. The tape is merely metro, calling it ghey is rather absurd and makes it hard for the metro magazines to socialize with other magazines.

Last edited by The Chad; January 24th, 2010 at 11:57..
The Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 11:45   #37
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos-Mos View Post
I GAVE my ICS clear receiver to a random guy that broke his. It's worth that much.
Seriously. I don't know anyone who would actually pay money for a clear reciever.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 11:59   #38
The Chad
formerly LoveMyStubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Seriously. I don't know anyone who would actually pay money for a clear reciever.
I did, just so i could bring my m4 Stubby home and it got confiscated anyway 90USD up and gone like a fart in the wind.
If you were trying to insert a magazine into another magazine then I guess that would be indeed ghey. Inserting a magazine in a magwell seems rather hetero to me. The tape is merely metro, calling it ghey is rather absurd and makes it hard for the metro magazines to socialize with other magazines.
Old January 24th, 2010, 13:20   #39
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyStubby View Post
CBSA told me that even if I had a "Cansoft" gun, I would be able to leave the country, but they would never let me back in with it.

Airsoft guns are considered Replica Firearms because they are exact replicas of real firearms. You can argue the interpretation of this act but I think the OPP does a better one. I called the OPP and CBSA from overseas to ask about bringing airsoft back to Canada.

1. cannot be over 500fps, if above, must be registered and is considered a firearm.
2. must be noticeably a toy (by someone with knowledge of firearms)
3. If not noticably a toy, the owner must have proof that the air gun was purchased before 1989.
4. If not noticably a toy, and the owner can prove purchase was prior to 1989, ownership may not be passed to another individual.
5. Exempt from these laws are Military, Law enforcement, and those holding a "movie prop permit."

Our airsoft guns are mostly as illegal as a butterfly or switchblade knife. If you don't declare at the border and get caught, you might face some serious crap importing "Prohibited" devices into Canada.
1. 500 FPS AS WELL AS 5.7 JOULES
3. 1998 not 1989
5. Ive never heard of the Mil/LE exempt from any law. Care to back this statement up?

Quote:
This is the equivalent to knocking on deaths door and blowing his head off with a shotgun.
Old January 24th, 2010, 13:40   #40
The Chad
formerly LoveMyStubby

“imitation firearm” means any thing that imitates a firearm, and includes a replica firearm;

“prohibited device” means

(a) any component or part of a weapon, or any accessory for use with a weapon, that is prescribed to be a prohibited device,
(b) a handgun barrel that is equal to or less than 105 mm in length, but does not include any such handgun barrel that is prescribed, where the handgun barrel is for use in international sporting competitions governed by the rules of the International Shooting Union,
(c) a device or contrivance designed or intended to muffle or stop the sound or report of a firearm,
(d) a cartridge magazine that is prescribed to be a prohibited device, or
(e) a replica firearm;

“replica firearm” means any device that is designed or intended to exactly resemble, or to resemble with near precision, a firearm, and that itself is not a firearm, but does not include any such device that is designed or intended to exactly resemble, or to resemble with near precision, an antique firearm;

Certain weapons deemed not to be firearms

(3) For the purposes of sections 91 to 95, 99 to 101, 103 to 107 and 117.03 of this Act and the provisions of the Firearms Act, the following weapons are deemed not to be firearms:

(d) any other barrelled weapon, where it is proved that the weapon is not designed or adapted to discharge
(i) a shot, bullet or other projectile at a muzzle velocity exceeding 152.4 m per second or at a muzzle energy exceeding 5.7 Joules, or

(ii) a shot, bullet or other projectile that is designed or adapted to attain a velocity exceeding 152.4 m per second or an energy exceeding 5.7 Joules.

Exempted Persons
117.07 (1) Notwithstanding any other provision of this Act, but subject to section 117.1, no public officer is guilty of an offence under this Act or the Firearms Act in the course of the public officer’s duties or employment

Definition of “public officer”

(2) In this section, “public officer” means

(a) a peace officer;
(b) a member of the Canadian Forces or of the armed forces of a state other than Canada who is attached or seconded to any of the Canadian Forces;
(c) an operator of a museum established by the Chief of the Defence Staff or a person employed in any such museum;
(d) a member of a cadet organization under the control and supervision of the Canadian Forces;
(e) a person training to become a police officer or a peace officer under the control and supervision of
(i) a police force, or

(ii) a police academy or similar institution designated by the Attorney General of Canada or the lieutenant governor in council of a province;

(f) a member of a visiting force, within the meaning of section 2 of the Visiting Forces Act, who is authorized under paragraph 14(a) of that Act to possess and carry explosives, ammunition and firearms;
(g) a person, or member of a class of persons, employed in the federal public administration or by the government of a province or municipality who is prescribed to be a public officer; or
(h) the Commissioner of Firearms, the Registrar, a chief firearms officer, any firearms officer and any person designated under section 100 of the Firearms Act.

blah blah blah blah
Old January 24th, 2010, 13:59   #41
ujiro

Send a message via MSN to ujiro
A police Officer or Mil would have to prove then that bringing the replica into Canada was "in the course of the public officer’s duties or employment".

I'm pretty sure that if a police force or a CF unit needed replicas for training purposes, they would order it themselves and through the proper channels... Not just send some random Officer or member to go across the border and buy them...
Old January 24th, 2010, 14:21   #42
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujiro View Post
A police Officer or Mil would have to prove then that bringing the replica into Canada was "in the course of the public officer’s duties or employment".

I'm pretty sure that if a police force or a CF unit needed replicas for training purposes, they would order it themselves and through the proper channels... Not just send some random Officer or member to go across the border and buy them...
Unless you're a CFSC instructor you cannot import it for the purpose of education

CF Unit last check they use something similiar to a bluegun which can be imported into Canada last I heard.
Old January 24th, 2010, 14:23   #43
The Chad
formerly LoveMyStubby

Exactly...........This is what happens when you try to offer info on these things.........

Like I said, I called them, talked to them (the ones who enforce these laws), and I'm the one with wrong info? LOL

Correction, yes it is 98, typo there :S

The Joules thing is very grey. I had a Spud Gun that shot around 12 joules but was not siezed by the OPP that jumped on my ass ATF style, in fact, they were going to give it back until I agreed to sign it over to be destroyed. (I WAS over 18)

The exempt thing is definitely "while conducting their duties"

The point I was trying to get through to our future smuggler was that he should consider the many interpretations of the "airsoft" laws before losing time and money like I did. I was literally told that it depends on the CBSA officer's knowledge of firearms whether they sieze it or not. You can appeal it, sure, but that's after they send it to Ottawa RCMP to be tested, taken apart, and most likely returned non-functioning 6 months later.

I'm sure Different POEs are easier by car than by air.

Last edited by The Chad; January 24th, 2010 at 14:29..
Old January 24th, 2010, 14:25   #44
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw

Or they use Simunition with their service rifle of their own firearms.

Also thats dated because there has been an amendment to the part that relates to the fps/muzzle energy.

http://cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/...9-13-2-eng.pdf

Also were not jumping down your throat, alot of times it can be seen as that through online medium which does not convey emotion well, but we just try and stop misinformation which Im sure were all guilty of at one point or another.

Quote:

Last edited by Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw; January 24th, 2010 at 14:27..
Old January 26th, 2010, 11:28   #45
Love
formerly Lythinca

Location: You know that Home Depot on King st? Yeah, no where near there.
Send a message via AIM to Love Send a message via MSN to Love
About him making the receivers. Couldn't he vacuum mold it? (Make his own custom mold from the dimensions that the internet says or something.) Or couldn't he frankencase it? (Frankencasing is taking multiple premade plastic peices, sanding them, bondoing together, sanding, shaping, etc.). That technique is how alot of casemodders for videogame systems make theirs.

Loadout 1:
Yugoslavian M76/Maadi RML Alternative (Kraken)
CYMA Glock 18C

Loadout 2:
TM MP5 w/ flashlight
CYMA Glock 18C

Both Loadouts have Marpat Uniform, PASGT Helmet w/ Flecktarn, and Flecktarn chest rig.
Love is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank