Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

SOCOM Gear

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old May 17th, 2010, 23:17   #16
juicy

KWA NS2 (aka KSC System 7) is absolutely great on gas. The KWA's all come with full metal where it counts (slide and sometimes frame, in addition to the normal metal bits on GBB's). KSC's might or might not, depending on where they're made (or something like that... I'm still not clear on the difference between KSC Japan, KSC TW, KWA). The NS2 or System 7, in addition to being great on gas (read as: minimal cool down effects) offer great kick out of the box... at least, the KWA's with their metal slides do. KSC/KWA plastics feel nice, by the way. KSC slides can break with the usage propane. KSC offers trades, KWA has no trades at all (or stupid lasered white ones that say ridiculous things).

On the other hand, Marui/Marui clones are inherently more accurate. The hop up design and availability of aftermarket parts is the reason why I have personally stuck with TM (well clones, for the most part). Some of TM's models feel very much like toys (ABS can be frigging light, and TM doesn't offer any heavy-weight models, AFAIK); however, TM slides are known to be able to take the beating that the higher pressure of propane... and then some. Marui's have more parts available (Hi-Capa's and 1911's especially... the rest are pretty much on par with the KSC variety of aftermarket parts).

If I remember correctly, you're interested in a M9, correct? I would assume that this would be a gaming sidearm, not a pistol for competition shooting or for other types of target shooting, right? My experience with KWA is that they're very durable, provided that they get appropriate care. I can't speak for KSC, but I do know that KSC Glocks have a wonderful plastic or polymer or whatever the hell they're made out of... the material just feels and looks amazing. The KSC Glock gas system has very, very little cool down (AFAIK, that's what the System 7 was based off of?).

Anyway, I feel like I'm just rambling now... about stuff that someone's going to correct me on. My bet for an M9 would be with the KWA NS2 or KSC Sys7 TW, due to the functioning safety/decocker, plus awesome gas system, and full metal from the factory. The hop up design of the TM/TM clone M9's is not something that I feel strongly about, though I can't say from personal experience which M9 (KSC-type or TM-type) is better. Sorry for rambling a bit there, and sorry for speaking in extremely general terms. Stereotypes FTW.

Edit: someone feel free to jump in here and correct me (it'll be a learning experience for me and the OP! Woohoo!)
juicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2010, 23:38   #17
GBear

Send a message via MSN to GBear
Thanks, that was VERY helpful. I am also wondering on other people's options on the SOCOM Gear M9 SOF. It looks like I would be going pretty high risk with this gun but also high reward for the awesome look of it. Going the KSC M9 S7 route would also be high reward and seems like it would be a great buy.

BTW, this would be my first sidearm.

And yes, I am interested in the M9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayce View Post
I wish I could upload a few gameplay videos of me on Alliance of Valiant Arms for you guys to compare to.

I am not familiar with airsoft.

What my question is, does the element of surprise work on a typical airsoft match?
GBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2010, 23:47   #18
juicy

I think I just drooled a bit when you mentioned the "high reward for the awesome look of [the Socom Gear M9 SOF]", lol.
juicy is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion