Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Redwolf Airsoft review

:

Reviews

Old March 6th, 2007, 00:06   #1
lordosborne

Redwolf Airsoft review

My first thread :P I did do a search and I didn't see anything like a review of Redwolf Airsoft, so I thought I would do one to reflect my current experiences with them. Keep in mind, this is pretty much a quickie review aimed at sharing my opinion and my experience. If a mod wishes to lock and/or delete, I'll understand.

Overall, I'm happy with their selection and service. They have an excellent website and it has a lot of good info on it.

I have made two orders through them. My first and still unresolved order was for a TM MP7 magazine and a TM M92 magazine. My second order was for a Phantom chest rig and a silencer. The two orders arrived at the same time even though the second one was made a day or two later. I'm an impatient guy so having to wait as long as I did (about a week and a half) was torture, but as I understand it, it was normal and trouble-free. Being able to track my order easily via their link was a bonus and it let me know that my stuff had arrived and that customs had cleared it.

That being said, I do have one big bone to pick with the guys at Redwolf. Like I mentioned earlier, my first order is unresolved. That's because Redwolf fudged my order. Instead of sending me a TM M92 magazine, they sent me a TM G18 Gbb magazine. I emailed them the same day and let them know of their error. I followed their directions and sent them photos of the purchase order (which clearly stated i had ordered an M92 mag) and they informed me that they would send the correct one through regular post. I told them that i wasn't happy having to wait the month or so for something I should already had by now. They said they understood but they didn't offer to upgrade the postage method. To their credit, the replies were prompt and polite.

Now then- today i finally recieved what i had hoped was the long-awaited M92 mag. When i opened the box, i was utterly dismayed to find another MP7 magazine. :banghead: So, needless to say i have sent them another email, this one a little more frustrated than the last one. So anyways, this is still as yet unresolved. I'm interested to see if they will do anything for me, since i think i've earned some sort of compensation for a careless error, not once but twice. I'll end up waiting some three months combined for my magazine by the time this is fixed.

Aside from this issue i have with them, I think they are good guys who do good work. my other order was bang on and perfect. everything was packed with care and lots of styrofoam peanuts. I just wish that they would take the time to read their invoices and emails. I was pretty specific and clear when it came to stating what my problem was. I'm still a little pissed off.

/end rant.
lordosborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2007, 00:33   #2
Daes

I have done $2,065.58usd worth of business with them and have never had a problem. I have ordered all kinds of weird parts, gear, and mods from them and they have always delivered in time and correctly. They have usually been fast with their responses and friendly, despite me screwing up pay methods, and holding stuff for weeks while waiting for paypal. I would highly recommend them as a retailer.

-Daes

Daes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2007, 19:23   #3
Omnison

This may be a stupid question, but jsut to confirm. Redwolf is a U.S. retailer, that can ship to Canada with no problems?
Omnison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2007, 19:33   #4
The Saint

NO.

Redwolf is a HONG KONG retailer.

NO international retailers can ship to Canada with no problems if you're ordering guns. NONE.
Old March 22nd, 2007, 19:33   #5
Hedonism Bot

Send a message via MSN to Hedonism Bot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnison View Post
This may be a stupid question, but jsut to confirm. Redwolf is a U.S. retailer, that can ship to Canada with no problems?
Actually it's two stupid questions. The answer to both is No.
Hedonism Bot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2007, 19:35   #6
ex
Wanna buy some Nod's? #StolenValour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnison View Post
They are a H.K retailer and can ship parts and gear but not guns.
Old March 22nd, 2007, 21:07   #7
Scooby Steve

Mark Anderson's getting me a Shooters Design metal slide for my TM Glock 17 from Redwolf so I'll have to see what happens. It does seem strange that Redwolf's people sent the wrong item twice. Maybe whoever fills the orders has a hard time distinguishing magazines.
Scooby Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2007, 21:47   #8
Omnison

wow, im glad i asked here, considering im so impulsive that i placed the order and paid for it before evening finding out if they can shit the gun to me. Hopefully they accept my cancellation without any problems and refund my money, since I cancelled the order within about 3 hours of placing it.
Omnison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2007, 23:13   #9
greeny

Send a message via MSN to greeny
Guns From Redwolf

If I would like to order a gun from Redwolf who would I talk to??
It may be a stupid question but someone had to ask...
Let me know
greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2007, 14:45   #10
Scooby Steve

Just go to aasurplus.ca, click the Airsoft box, click to enter the site and on the left side of the page near the bottom there's a "Contact Us" button. Let Mark know what you're after (Redwolf product description and the Product No.) and wait for a reply. He got back to me in a few hours with his price quote so I replied telling him I wanted the item. I don't know when he'll place the order, but imagine he'll batch all his Redwolf requests and order them at once.
Scooby Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2007, 11:59   #11
gdidy

I would like to say, that I ordered for the first time from redwolf last saturday and will not ever, ever, ever repeat the experiance. I ordered the new CA m14 match with a level 4 upgrade I was extatic just what I wanted at a great price. HA HA, no. I recieved an email from customer support about the fact that the upgrade could not be done, they offered me a refund and I accepted. That was monday, its is now friday there time and no refund. I have sent email after email as I need the money to get a weapon for this tournament, and while the Customer support department is very kind and polite, the refund department is slower then all get out.
In conclusion
Red wolf has a good page and for the most part a good staff, but for me its not worth the saving to buy anything from them for this kind of headache

Always
Graham
gdidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2007, 13:46   #12
LyquidFyre

Let the flames begin.
LyquidFyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2007, 14:06   #13
gdidy

my point was not that red wolf is bad it was just not for me. Especially as far as there refund department goes.
Old May 10th, 2007, 15:21   #14
vatek

You realize they may have issued the refund the same day you asked for it, but the bank may not have processed it yet?

I had this happen with an order from A&A Surplus. They sent the refund off the same day, but it took my bank about 4 business days to process it. Don't be so hasty to condemn them for something that may not even be their fault.
vatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2007, 16:33   #15
gdidy

yes well if that is so I will retract my statement, but as of yesterday the customer support department said they had not issued one
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews