Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Introduction and question about AV

:

Newbie Tank

Old July 7th, 2012, 05:33   #1
gosuchong

Introduction and question about AV

Hey, I've just recently become inspired by this sport and I hope to become a great member of this community. I am currently 17 years old and I accept that I should not purchase nor speak of purchasing any airsoft products until I am of age. However I have a question regarding my age and the verification. I turn 18 by September of this year and I am born in 1994, should I wait until I turn 18 to become age verified or can I become verified now that I am turning 18 in about two months. Your help will be appreciated!
gosuchong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2012, 06:12   #2
gettingshot

You need to wait until after you turn 18 before a verifier will submit your info. Until then read, read and read again to learn as much as you can before you start purchasing gear
gettingshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2012, 08:34   #3
Juic3
freakonleash

I can also add to Getting by maybe try to attend to a game has a photographer or helper to talk to people and see their gun and giggle. Just dont forget to ask the host about your age
Old July 7th, 2012, 11:14   #4
L473ncy

It's 18 PERIOD no exceptions (it's not like there's a magic switch that makes you immediately more responsible and mature but there is in the eyes of the law). However you can contact AV reps right now and setup a meeting for your birthday or meet a few days before and have them have your info on hand to submit the day you turn 18.
Old July 7th, 2012, 16:06   #5
gosuchong

Alright, thanks everyone for putting in your effort in response to my question! I'll see what I can do to get everything set up.
EDIT: Another question crossed my mind, I am wondering how is my personal information dealt with when it comes to getting AV'd. Will my submitted information at all be leaked to the general public, or will it be discarded.

Last edited by gosuchong; July 7th, 2012 at 16:14.. Reason: Another AV question
gosuchong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2012, 17:02   #6
ap27

No personal information is recorded really, other than your name and 'Screenname'. You meet an AV rep and show some ID to prove you are over 18. Then the rep forwards your name/screenname to the site staff.

In the mean time, read read read. Also, feel free to ask questions about different brands of guns or things to look out for in certain brands/models. We cannot tell you where to buy them, but we can give you recommendations on which brands/models would be best for you.
You can also start gathering up the basic gear you need to get out to a game (eye protection, boots, gloves, vest).

ap27 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank