Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

King Arms FAL

:

Newbie Tank

Old May 9th, 2010, 19:36   #1
Jaozin92

King Arms FAL

hey everyone after I was at my first airsoft gme ( as a hostage) I noticed that the fun isn't one a dragunov as I thought. So after the help of the guys at the field yesterday I decided to do a research after I got home on assault rifles that I could afford and that could have good quality. So I decided to follow Tokyo Marui and King Arms like many of the guys told me to look for( Especially king Arms) so I searched on redwolf and I found a L1A1 FaL. I like this weapon cuz its the assault rifle for my home country and it was on special( i hope it remains at that price until the end of june) the question is. Is it a good gun in terms of never fucking it up or breaking? and magazines and stuff are they easy to find?
Jaozin92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 19:43   #2
Disco_Dante

Mags are easy to find but they're $20+ each. You can't get boxed sets like with some rifles. I generally hear very positive things about the King Arms FAL's, although my understanding is that the l1a1 model is semi-auto only. I'm looking to get one for myself at some point.

Not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.

Last edited by Disco_Dante; May 9th, 2010 at 19:46..
Disco_Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 19:44   #3
fleuryfighter

Send a message via MSN to fleuryfighter
you cant import but you could get verified and ask a retailer to bring you one in only it will be more than it is listed for on redwolf
Old May 9th, 2010, 19:48   #4
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

- You can't import weapons.
- The mags are on a mediocre scale to find. by a quick search you would have to import the mags from over seas retailers.
- every gun has its ups and downs. there was a youtube review of all the companies that made a FAL. YouTube- AATV Video Review: Classic FN AEGs
- Get verified I saw one on there.
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 19:59   #5
ShelledPants

How tall are you?

A FAL is longer than an elephants dick.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 20:03   #6
Forever_kaos

I'm pretty sure this guy knows all about the importation/AV thing as he attended a game with Tyson and others just the other day.

As for how durable it is, well really depends how you run it.
More you use it the more wear it creates like in most things. If you abuse it and miscare for it, well I am sure you can figure out the rest.

I've personally been eye balling my wallet hoping for some money growth to get the KA FN FAL in my collection, from what I have heard it's pretty decent.

Check out Youtube for some reviews, they can go into more detail
After watching ~10 reviews, see if they answer your questions.
If anything is unclrear after those ~10 odd reviews, I would then poke back to here and see if somebody can help you.

Best of luck.
Cheers.

Last edited by Forever_kaos; May 9th, 2010 at 20:06..
Forever_kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 20:33   #7
L473ncy

I hope they mentioned to you to take the Redwolf price and multiply by 2-2.5 for a general idea of what it's going to cost you...

Also, if you have $1000 in a month when you get your AV tag there's someone very closeby in Toronto that has a Full Sized KA FAL ($650 or $700 without mags I believe, the classified posting is a bit confusing because there is the "BNIB price" listed as well).
Old May 9th, 2010, 21:08   #8
Jaozin92

The value at red wolf was $242 it seems pretty cheap too bad it's impossible to get imported. Is there any other way I can get that gun like asking an order from a retailer to get it for me or something similar?
Old May 9th, 2010, 21:10   #9
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaozin92 View Post
The value at red wolf was $242 it seems pretty cheap too bad it's impossible to get imported. Is there any other way I can get that gun like asking an order from a retailer to get it for me or something similar?
get age verified, and talk to one of the retailers on this site that do custom orders. there are 2 that i know of. but you need to be age verified or else they nor anyone else will help you acquire the gun.
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 21:38   #10
fi3re

Send a message via MSN to fi3re
I met the guy and the FAL wont be too big for him. the bigger question is whether your willing to blow all if not more of your budget on primary alone... landed, I assume the price would be 650+
fi3re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 21:42   #11
Jaozin92

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi3re View Post
I met the guy and the FAL wont be too big for him. the bigger question is whether your willing to blow all if not more of your budget on primary alone... landed, I assume the price would be 650+
Hey man! what's up nice seeing u around btw where are you going to post the pics from the game? I wanna see them ^^ now back to the topic. you know I was really wondering in what to do cuz I have a feeling that one month from now my budget would still be limited and I need to get the googles some gear magazines and the weapon. I am still not sure if I am going to go all out on the primary weapon only.
Old May 9th, 2010, 21:48   #12
fi3re

Send a message via MSN to fi3re
this is the after action report thread on last nights game:
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=103792

I posted the link to photos within

I would still suggest buying gear first. That way you can at least game in comfort and borrow/rent a primary from someone. That way you can try out different guns and find out if FAL is really for you. FAL is also REALLY heavy, you know that. Think before hand and get a vest that would accomodate ie mag space, mobility etc....

Borrowing tactical gear would mean you have to adjust everything right before the game to your size. A gun needs no adjusting to fit you. You've seen how willing guys are to let you test out their weapons (here you want to shoot me? XD) I'm sure you will be fine borrowing. its what i did...and still do.....
fi3re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 21:56   #13
shiftsup

If your going to use ASC after you are Age Verified to get that KA L1A1 on Redwolf be prepared to pay at the very least double the overseas price.

All of the other KA FAL versions are sold out and have been sold out for a few months now overseas.

It seems there's a KA FAL for sale in the ASC Classifieds every few months or so. You can always try that after you are AV'd.

90rd mag, 550rd hi cap mag,s RAS', bipods and scope mount bases are easily importable by you from at least 4 overseas retailers.

The full size FAL is a "battle rifle" They are indeed long. An L1A1 is roughly the size of a 1 and 1/3 M16. M16 AEG's have a 509mm inner barrel. Full length FAL AEG's have a 550mm inner barrel and a ridiculously long flash hider.

If you plan to game in the woods try and handle if you haven't already the "tactical carbine" version of the KA FAL. An L1A1 in the woods is similar to carrying a fishing pole in the forest. Some might say the FAL's are heavy. I'll disagree on that. Yeah, they are heavier than anM4 that's for sure. But really it's the size of the full length FAL that's the challenge.

The tactical version is a decent size and comes with a full stock that allows you to carry a large battery so you can game basically all day without a battery change. The "para" FAL's have the battery in the front. Unless you mount a PEQ box or do some kind of modification the "Para" version will only take the AK "stick" small type battery.

The KA FAL performs fine out of the box. However, at 325ish fps the muzzle velocity is a wee bit underpowered. Upgrading the spring, spring guide, air nozzle and the inner barrel (to a tight bore) are highly recommended since that's exactly what Tyson told me via pm after I purchased my FAL's. His upgrade recommendations were spot on.

Anyways, it's not my problem. Enjoy your overpriced shaving acessories.

Last edited by shiftsup; May 9th, 2010 at 22:00..
shiftsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 22:01   #14
oniwagamaru
Occifer

Is the FAL really that big? I mean is the length of it comparable to an m14? I use an M14 full length as a primary and I'm only 5'2, 5'3 if im feeling generous about myself lol... I dont really have any problems with the length of the rifle except for urban or close up like CQC (Duh i know the rifle wasnt meant for that). How different is using an FAL ?
REGULAR GUY
Certified Level 34 Autosniper
μολών λαβε
oniwagamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 22:03   #15
shiftsup

Quote:
Originally Posted by oniwagamaru View Post
Is the FAL really that big? I mean is the length of it comparable to an m14?
The full length version of the FAL is about the same size as an M14.

Anyways, it's not my problem. Enjoy your overpriced shaving acessories.
shiftsup is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank