Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Thought on Aftermath products?

:

Newbie Tank

Old November 16th, 2010, 21:34   #16
The Sandman

from the community lender gun teh kraken, to my broxa i bought theyre decent, untill you play with more quality out of the box guns, or internally upgrade them, btw the kraken looks nice with a metal body and wood kit,if you were thinkin of doing that
The Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 23:31   #17
Statua

Send a message via MSN to Statua Send a message via Skype™ to Statua
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sandman View Post
from the community lender gun teh kraken, to my broxa i bought theyre decent, untill you play with more quality out of the box guns, or internally upgrade them, btw the kraken looks nice with a metal body and wood kit,if you were thinkin of doing that
I like my desert paint =D but someday I may just put on wood furniture. (pic in sig is my kraken)
Old November 17th, 2010, 20:57   #18
GODSPEED|seven

Well, how to say this? I have two friends who got an Aftermath MP5 Broxa about 2 years ago.

It isn't their primary guns though.. One guy had problems with wires disconnecting from the motor. The other friend doesn't use it that much, got it for his gf.. But they used to play with cheapo Wal-Mart pump action guns.. So they figured this was good stuff.

But now that I brought a Classic Army to the table.. they've noticed 'somewhat' of a 'difference'; now they either want to change guns or upgrade.

Personal Experience
I've shot one, and was not impressed (compared to my Classic Army UMC).. trigger response is slow, ROF sucks, they have 50 more FPS than I do but cannot shoot nearly as far or as accurate as I do (and my gun has a shorter stock 6.08mm inner barrel), also they seem to jam frequently, often fire no bb's and then fire 2 bb's... Totally innacurate on auto-fire.. sheesh, they go all over the place!

To be honest, I think the price/value is great for someone kinda getting into Airsoft or someone on a tight budget. Other than that - from the small experience I have handling one - I was not impressed (after having shot a Classic Army anyways..).

Conclusion
Save your money and get something worth it and reliable/consistent. Not being able to predict a shot is horrible and reason enough. The Classifieds have many good Tokyo Marui MP5's for sale..

*and think that you'll have to paint the cheapo clear plastic.

*Take it from someone who's still new to Airsoft: do not even look at FPS! I've actually LEARNT that lesson first-hand. Cheap guns usually need to put the focus on 400+ FPS, simply because the rest isn't worth it (in most cases I've seen).

Last edited by GODSPEED|seven; November 17th, 2010 at 21:04..
GODSPEED|seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2010, 23:04   #19
fleuryfighter

Send a message via MSN to fleuryfighter
Ive had my kraken for 3 years and had over 60,000 shots through it and just recently even opened it up.

There great for lending or a back-up

Personally i took the stock off and cut the barrel down to right infront of the rear sight.
Old November 17th, 2010, 23:28   #20
Statua

The kraken is the only aftermath worth buying. Ly friend has a Lichen and its a PoS. Reviews on the Broxa show its also a failure. Whatever the M4 is called is also apparently a PoS too. According to multiple reviews, the kraken is the only gun Aftermath made worth spending the money on. I plan to keep using my kraken for a bit longer even though I know how high quality guns shoot and feel (I think it was some G&G AUG I was firing at targets) and honestly, I got the kraken for an awesome $130 out of $250. I do however plan on getting something in the higher quality range. Was eying a nice G&G MP5 the other day =P

Care = long lasting.

Last edited by Statua; November 17th, 2010 at 23:31..
Statua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2010, 23:46   #21
Specs

I have the broxa

It is.....its ok. Not very accurate and it hates the KA mags I bought for it. Im sure that if you replaced the hop-up and ran a tightbore down it then it would fix the accuracy problem. The hop-up is just a shitty design

I have a 9.6v and the ROF is ok but again the magazine doesnt feed well

I got it just for fun. Save a few hundred bucks and find something nice....I have a CA, TM, and a RS and I would recommend getting a CA or TM to start
Specs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2010, 06:03   #22
Boyso
a.k.a. LastSpartan

Send a message via MSN to Boyso
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statua View Post
The kraken is the only aftermath worth buying. Ly friend has a Lichen and its a PoS. Reviews on the Broxa show its also a failure. Whatever the M4 is called is also apparently a PoS too. According to multiple reviews, the kraken is the only gun Aftermath made worth spending the money on. I plan to keep using my kraken for a bit longer even though I know how high quality guns shoot and feel (I think it was some G&G AUG I was firing at targets) and honestly, I got the kraken for an awesome $130 out of $250. I do however plan on getting something in the higher quality range. Was eying a nice G&G MP5 the other day =P

Care = long lasting.
I don't get how you can give your "opinion" when you have nothing to compare it to. You only have Aftermath products. Maybe the Kraken is the best of THAT line, but Aftermath is still down the list.

"WHEN I DIE
BURY ME
UPSIDE DOWN
SO THE WORLD
CAN KISS MY ASS"
-Platoon

Boyso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2010, 07:58   #23
Statua

You obviously missed the part where I played with a G&G. I've also played with various other weapons like a TM L96 and a CA M4
Old November 18th, 2010, 11:41   #24
Spawn28
I am manly hear me squeek

Send a message via MSN to Spawn28
Aftermath + Parts = a half decent gun
Aftermath Stock= meh crap shoot
Old November 18th, 2010, 11:48   #25
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statua View Post
You obviously missed the part where I played with a G&G. I've also played with various other weapons like a TM L96 and a CA M4
Pretty sure you haven't played with a TM L96.

There's maybe... 10 of them in Canada and as far as I know 0 of them in Manitoba.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2010, 11:59   #26
VooDooPeteK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
Pretty sure you haven't played with a TM L96.

There's maybe... 10 of them in Canada and as far as I know 0 of them in Manitoba.
Trust me this man knows, hes got the addresses of all the good guns in his area

As for the aftermath products, well that are good for the price, great as rentals/loaners, but have issues at the same time.

biggest problem with them is the hop up and hop up unit along with the barrel. Take a stock one and switch out with a TM hop up unit and any other barrel and they are ok.

You also have to keep in mind your budget. If you can wait and save up for a better gun then do it, although I have seen the Kraken AK used hard and well at our field with no issues (other then someone giving one a kick by mistake cause it was resting on a wall lol)
VooDooPeteK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2010, 12:11   #27
Hurley895
The Costco Kid

Ahh I love how Newbie section turns into "flame wars".

Truth be told aftermath is a company that is getting better with time. Don't ever pay more then $150 for one of there guns tho. They are always on sale for $99, so at that price point they are the best thing on the go. BUT be warned don't expect it to act or feel like a $600 gun.
Hurley895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2010, 12:17   #28
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurley895 View Post
Truth be told aftermath is a company that is getting better with time. Don't ever pay more then $150 for one of there guns tho. They are always on sale for $99, so at that price point they are the best thing on the go. BUT be warned don't expect it to act or feel like a $600 gun.
Not quite true.

Aftermath uses the cast-off old Cyma stuff... Old cyma stuff is pretty crappy..

If they're not producing any more and start using the newer cyma stuff... quality will improve.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2010, 12:40   #29
xaMdaM

I have an AM Broxa and I love it. It works very well, but had a problem with the frame that I fixed myself. The mechbox is metal (mostly, some plastic sliders, but at least the gears and mechbox externals are metal)

If you are mechanically inclined and can service it properly, then it should do you well. If not, go for something better.

FYI- while I like my Broxa and it serves me well, do some reading on these forums if you are serious about quality (I am). While the AM Broxa is a nice starter, and may require some tinkering from time to time I have a passion for quality- so I also have a RealSword AK Model 56 in my collection. Night and Day (but it too requires tinkering, but on a higher level...LOL )

Last edited by xaMdaM; November 18th, 2010 at 12:43..
xaMdaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2010, 13:09   #30
Hurley895
The Costco Kid

Just wondering where the cyma info came from? I'ed like to read it and see if other "clone"companies are doing the same.
Hurley895 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank